XPO | Any Truth to the Rumor????

Mango710

Can I Bite Bill Zollars!!
Credits
Any truth to the rumor that Con-Way bought the big YRC terminal in Chicago Heights Illinois and will be moving the Gary Ind. operations there??

Any truth to the rumor that Con-Way bought the big YRC terminal in Chicago Heights Illinois and will be moving the Gary Ind. operations there??

I will find out ... I will have to say no at first because this is the first I heard this .. I would have to say this is a heights dock rumor ..

I don't work for Conway, but I highly doubt that they will move Gary ops to the heights, the biggest reason is that it will interfere or cause problems with their LCV program (triples).

I don't work for Conway, but I highly doubt that they will move Gary ops to the heights, the biggest reason is that it will interfere or cause problems with their LCV program (triples).

No doubt. They would no longer be able to reach the Elyria (Milan), Oh meet with Clearfield pulling triples. Last I knew they were running 10-15 sets of triples in there on day line-haul. In late 2009 Clearfield drivers were getting Ohio certification to pull triples into that meet but I don't think it ever happened. The big screen TV that is always on at the FAC I run says we're gonna - or could add 800 doors though..

By the way, old poster with a new name here..

Conway /yrc The Heights

Talk going around that Conway is closing their Gary terminal and has bought the Roadway Chicago Heights break .

There's talk of a large terminal purchased in Carlisle PA to consoliate several of the terminals and make it a little farther north than xhg can.

.... The big screen TV that is always on at the FAC I run says we're gonna - or could add 800 doors though..

No...they're just trying to tell what the could do with the $52M in claim money if we stop damaging everything. IMO it wouldn't go towards network expansion anyway. Maybe Dougie's next bonus.

Whats the big deal on triples, Conway would start doing what everyone else has been doing for years go'en to the pad its not that far from Saulk Village .:1036316054:

It took us (FedEx Freight) years to gain access to the pad on Calumet ave. We just began running triples this year, out of our heights center. If anything they would still use the XGH yard as a triple pad,( just a thought).

It took us (FedEx Freight) years to gain access to the pad on Calumet ave. We just began running triples this year, out of our heights center. If anything they would still use the XGH yard as a triple pad,( just a thought).
They could use the GAX I think it could get a little tight with Yellow/ Roadway being there . [ GAX is what we called it] .

I can't see it happening unless you can get triples through the front gate
Sure ya can get triples through that gate . What would ever give you the idea that triples wouldn't fit ? Look at this way your pullen a set with an extra trailer . Big deal . Even it ya coudn't ya can't pull triples in Illinois anyhow ya still got to go to the Gax off Cline or to the pad on Calumet Ave .

Sure ya can get triples through that gate . What would ever give you the idea that triples wouldn't fit ? Look at this way your pullen a set with an extra trailer . Big deal . Even it ya coudn't ya can't pull triples in Illinois anyhow ya still got to go to the Gax off Cline or to the pad on Calumet Ave .

Ya gotta love human reasoning... I never said it was a size issue. I guess I'll need to explain further. Our network of triple operations relies heavily on the efficiency of drop and hooks on our own property. For any major change in terminal locations of Lordstown Oh, Milan Oh, Fremont In, Gary in, and even though not being utilized currently, South Bend In., having to drop on a public pad would greatly increase the run times, thus lowering the positive effects triples have within our operation.

it is a done deal. XGH will move to the heights in May!!!!!
They will keep a pad accross from there old XGH facility for a triples drop pad.
all questions answered.

Whats the big deal on triples, Conway would start doing what everyone else has been doing for years go'en to the pad its not that far from Saulk Village .:1036316054:

Probably because every 2 sets of trips removes a driver for the same loads moved, and that gives upper management a hard-on.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk