ABF | Anybody checked out abfatwork.com?

HillBilly Frog

TB Veteran
Credits
Have any of you people checked out the propaganda machine that Bob D. has going on the website?

Don't seem to be too many folks responding to his whatever you want to call it.

The replies to the questions on there were rather entertaining. Kinda reminds me of the form letters that you might get in response to sending a letter or e-mail to a politician.:toxic:

Have any of you people checked out the propaganda machine that Bob D. has going on the website?

Don't seem to be too many folks responding to his whatever you want to call it.

thanks because they censor the questions and responses. They have to go through the comments and publish what they want you to hear.

I called Fort Smith. They will get you connected. They have to get you set up. It took about 2 minutes to do it,and the gentleman was very helpful.

They indeed only print what they want you to hear...I sent in a question about these fine tractors we are allowed to drive and I havent heard a peep out of them yet. That was two weeks ago.

I received my pin number post marked back in December,2006.So I log in to read the material that is printed by the ABF. no comment,but I sure like what one angry teamster put in the feedback site.It's must read.

when and if i do visit their propaganda site the first thing i will tell them is the the proper way to negotiate a contract is through my bargaining agent, THE UNION

when and if i do visit their propaganda site the first thing i will tell them is the the proper way to negotiate a contract is through my bargaining agent, THE UNION
Yep You got that right. I keep waiting for the propaganda letter that some have gotten. I want to send it back to Davidson with a note telling him he needs to send it to the IBT that I'm not one of his "Fellow" employees.

Heck frog, the pre contract posturing has been going on for a year now. He said we were a family, and for some darn reason. Still trying to figure out how one of my family members could reach into my wallet and take from me what I've earned without notice of why. Then we have our so called payroll discrepancies, and all that other baloney to deal with. Then when you get denied and file a grievance its been magically reconsidered.
BTW, my submission to the "what we want you to know squaretable" has yet to be printed. WONDER WHY???

thanks because they censor the questions and responses. They have to go through the comments and publish what they want you to hear.

I would say that they probably respond to the serious poster with honest questions/concerns. Not to address how you feel about the equipment you drive. That has nothing to do with the pension.

Just sit back and listen to the stuff put out here... You don't even sound like you deserve the jobs you have. If you owned a company, how much would you want to do for the employees that have attitudes like this?

Who pays your salary? Not the union! You keep in mind that the freight we haul is not yours, its not ABF's, it belongs to the customer... They pay your salary via ABF. If "it is so bad," and you have enough years in, why don't you just get out while there is still some left of the underfunded pension?

Itchyfeet

Mr. Freight: You can't blame the pension problems on the Teamsters. It is a lack of participants and the Bush economy that causes the underfunding. If the rest of the non-union company drivers, dock workers and other classifications would join the union the underfunding problem would disappear. These people all benefit from the Teamster NMFA but pay no dues. Their wages are only where they are because of good dues paying Teamsters and the rest are getting a free ride. To allow any company, no matter how good they are, to deviate from the NMFA is a big mistake and will ultimately result in a race to the bottom. Just how cheap are you willing to work for, because if ABF is allowed to have an inferior contract then the non-union companies will just lower their standards and then the next time ABF will want to lower theirs and it will never end and then what will happen to our brothers and sisters at the YRC companies. It may just be that ABF is attempting to take advantage of the situation to see what they can get as far as concessions. The same work rules apply to all and ABF has lived with them and is profitable, maybe even more profitable that the YRC companies. So lets all stick together and keep ABF as part of the fold in the NMFA.

Itchyfeet

Mr. Freight: You can't blame the pension problems on the Teamsters. It is a lack of participants and the Bush economy that causes the underfunding. If the rest of the non-union company drivers, dock workers and other classifications would join the union the underfunding problem would disappear. These people all benefit from the Teamster NMFA but pay no dues. Their wages are only where they are because of good dues paying Teamsters and the rest are getting a free ride. To allow any company, no matter how good they are, to deviate from the NMFA is a big mistake and will ultimately result in a race to the bottom. Just how cheap are you willing to work for, because if ABF is allowed to have an inferior contract then the non-union companies will just lower their standards and then the next time ABF will want to lower theirs and it will never end and then what will happen to our brothers and sisters at the YRC companies. It may just be that ABF is attempting to take advantage of the situation to see what they can get as far as concessions. The same work rules apply to all and ABF has lived with them and is profitable, maybe even more profitable that the YRC companies. So lets all stick together and keep ABF as part of the fold in the NMFA.

I would say that they probably respond to the serious poster with honest questions/concerns. Not to address how you feel about the equipment you drive. That has nothing to do with the pension.

Just sit back and listen to the stuff put out here... You don't even sound like you deserve the jobs you have. If you owned a company, how much would you want to do for the employees that have attitudes like this?

Who pays your salary? Not the union! You keep in mind that the freight we haul is not yours, its not ABF's, it belongs to the customer... They pay your salary via ABF. If "it is so bad," and you have enough years in, why don't you just get out while there is still some left of the underfunded pension?

My reply to you is
"respond to the serious poster with honest questions/concerns"........the equipment is the tools we use to make the company profit. My contribution was short articulate and to the point, addressed specific concerns we all have about safe equipment. I had no idea that it was limited to the pension. As a matter of fact, now that I look again, its not.

"Just sit back and listen to the stuff put out here"... Heck I thought we were all havin fun? If thats not the case, I QUIT.

"If you owned a company, how much would you want to do for the employees that have attitudes like this? I have owned a small company, and I also managed a small segment of a Fortune 500 company. The difference is that I worked with my employees, made damn sure they were happy and addressed their concerns, in an honest open manner. Not spewing out warning letters and discipline like they were slaves.
My experience with this company is since I started here in 2000, everyone was happy. Had a good attitude. As a matter of fact before I agreed to fill out an application, I talked with a dozen or so drivers, and none had a harsh word for the company.

"Who pays your salary? Not the union! You keep in mind that the freight we haul is not yours, its not ABF's, it belongs to the customer... They pay your salary via ABF. If "it is so bad," and you have enough years in, why don't you just get out"

Let me answer this in an appropriate manner.
"I EARN every dime this company pays me. When was the last time you checked your check for accuracy? I do every week, not because I don't trust them, I have been shorted delay time, layover time and mileage. I am not a slave to the job, as you being in management might be. When the time is at hand, regardless of "having enough time in" I will be out the door.

The company invited us to their "so called roundtable discussion", I threw a question/comment on the table. So I guess I goofed. I should not have presumed to really ask a question that, of a real concern.

Yeah look at some of the stuff I put on here. Are you having a problem with the truth?
The truth will set you free my friend.

Your guilty conscience is showing. Mr. Management.

Also note there Mr (management) Freight there is a Board of Trustees, that sits on each and every pension fund. Members of management, and members of the Union. Both have equal responsibility for the funds. Quit blaming the Union for the perils of the funds. All the trustees are equally responsible.

Yeah Mikey you are right on there brother. Mr Flake. OOOPs did I say that? Mr. Freight does have a relative knack for being right on managements side of all the issues. Just look at the stuff hes' posted here. He is probably the knucklehead at fart schmitt thats in charge of the squaretable

My reply to you is
"respond to the serious poster with honest questions/concerns"........the equipment is the tools we use to make the company profit. My contribution was short articulate and to the point, addressed specific concerns we all have about safe equipment. I had no idea that it was limited to the pension. As a matter of fact, now that I look again, its not.

"Just sit back and listen to the stuff put out here"... Heck I thought we were all havin fun? If thats not the case, I QUIT.

"If you owned a company, how much would you want to do for the employees that have attitudes like this? I have owned a small company, and I also managed a small segment of a Fortune 500 company. The difference is that I worked with my employees, made damn sure they were happy and addressed their concerns, in an honest open manner. Not spewing out warning letters and discipline like they were slaves.
My experience with this company is since I started here in 2000, everyone was happy. Had a good attitude. As a matter of fact before I agreed to fill out an application, I talked with a dozen or so drivers, and none had a harsh word for the company.

"Who pays your salary? Not the union! You keep in mind that the freight we haul is not yours, its not ABF's, it belongs to the customer... They pay your salary via ABF. If "it is so bad," and you have enough years in, why don't you just get out"

Let me answer this in an appropriate manner.
"I EARN every dime this company pays me. When was the last time you checked your check for accuracy? I do every week, not because I don't trust them, I have been shorted delay time, layover time and mileage. I am not a slave to the job, as you being in management might be. When the time is at hand, regardless of "having enough time in" I will be out the door.

The company invited us to their "so called roundtable discussion", I threw a question/comment on the table. So I guess I goofed. I should not have presumed to really ask a question that, of a real concern.

Yeah look at some of the stuff I put on here. Are you having a problem with the truth?
The truth will set you free my friend.

Your guilty conscience is showing. Mr. Management.

First of all, I'm not in management. No guilt here and I am already free.

2nd, the truth is what is escaping a good number of these posts.

You can't be serious about being treated like a slave... I think ABF goes out of their way to work with its employees. You have to remember, it is a Union atmosphere and we have made it what it is today. The warning letters and proceedures are part of the agreed upon structure.

I said nothing about you "not" earning your pay.

Your question if it was to address equipment, how does that relate to the pension issue? I believe the forum was set to address the questions/concerns of the pension. You as a biz owner should know that you have to keep things focused and to the point. If the forum was opened to every issue, nothing would get answered.

Why are you here if you owned your own portion of a F 500 company? Had to be better there...

As far as your check goes, if there are errors on your check, you need to address that with your local. If the times are being entered incorrectly to the computer (not by you), the wrong figures will come out. If you have done this in the past, what were you told? If it is an ongoing issue, then why? What is creating the problem? Data entry error?