ABF | Anybody checked out abfatwork.com?

fact not opinion

I'm sorry, my opinion does count. We are all a team working for the same company and I'm also sorry you feel your paycheck comes from the teamsters, wonder where it will come from if we are not able to survive, think the teamsters can find enough jobs for you over at YRC. You work for ABF not the Teamsters. The teamsters support you and your job. Several family members are and have been teamsters, transportation is great - but let's be open minded, search for the facts, don't be the sounding board for false rumors and things not true - state FACTS! ABF is proposing to buy out your pension and remain a union carrier, not do away with the union. I work for ABF, I get my paycheck from ABF, I support ABF and I'm trying to keep freight on our trucks! ABF is trying to survive against non-union carriers and one of the high-costs are supporting ALL teamsters pensions, not ABF employee/retirees' pensions.....that's what this is all about. I just hope when the time comes you'll listen to the guys that are aware of what is going on. If you doubt something, question something, post it on the roundtable - get the company's side and then discuss it with the nationals. Freight is down right now and it's not just the economy - I promise! What company's are making money and showing a profit?

Watch out for the trucks

What the ones that say ABF in yellow, painted on green or do they say something else? Keeping my eyes on the road, while I watch for Green and Yellow Tractors and wonder what's driving them - FROGS? I think you guys are great, I want you to make good money and be proud of who we are - just remember where the paycheck comes from!

I'm sorry it doesn't come from the teamsters. ABF - That's who you should be supporting. Teamsters are there to make sure things are done within the AGREEMENT. That's it....the funds/pensions/health&welfare and income - that comes from those trucks you drive and the freight you haul.

What the ones that say ABF in yellow, painted on green or do they say something else? Keeping my eyes on the road, while I watch for Green and Yellow Tractors and wonder what's driving them - FROGS? I think you guys are great, I want you to make good money and be proud of who we are - just remember where the paycheck comes from!

I'm sorry it doesn't come from the teamsters. ABF - That's who you should be supporting. Teamsters are there to make sure things are done within the AGREEMENT. That's it....the funds/pensions/health&welfare and income - that comes from those trucks you drive and the freight you haul.
my paycheck, "my fellow employee", comes from the bargaining power of the teamsters, where would ltl haulers be without them, relying on company "generosity" to earn my wage???? and when it is time to ratify an agreement, we will see just how much your opinion counts!:hysterical: :smilie_132:

just remember where the paycheck comes from!

Ya know I wasn't really going to post on this thread again, but I just can't resist. You necktie wearing panty wastes just can't get it through your thick skulls that during the past three years this company has morphed from the best to work for, to really, a freakin concentration camp. The trucks they buy are new, granted. But new trucks get old, wear out, need repairs, and they dont. We have asked for new shock absorbers, reasonably good replacement seat cushions, clean windows, and guess what? The reply is, you dont go "fast enough' to need new shocks, 62 aint fast enough. How fast is fast when the thing hits a bump on a slippery road when your steer tires hop on a bump, lose control and wipe out a family of four on their way home from church? DOT says you should have known that the suspension was faulty, now here the driver is now at fault. Why cant we get vehicles maintained. These are the tools the company provides to make us all a living. Then why cant they provide at least "chevys" instead of "yugos"? Besides when we get to drive the "new" trucks they already have 5000 hard yard miles on them from hostler duty.
The warning letter campaign on the drivers needs to stop now. Morale is at an all time low. Yes we need the job, and we all appreciate the opportunity to work, but how many times are you going to beat the mule that feeds your family? Just remember, people who are treated like crap will eventually go work elsewhere, regardless of how much money or the benefits. We are not damn machines. We are human beings that need rest and time with our families too.
The issues discussed on the ABF squaretable are issues that are important to management, most of the views, questions, and the rest are pre-contract posturing on the company side. My self and many others have sent in questions and comments, and have never seen them published on their boards, why? In addition, we are all forced to watch these reports, this is causing stress on the employees, wondering if this compny is going to continue to be solvent. How is this productive?
My suggestion to you sir is go to Borders, and order the book, if they dont have it in stock, entitled "Sweatshops on Wheels". You might then have a somewhat cleared view of why whats posted in these boards.
We all work hard, to the best of our ability and do the best possible with what we have to work with. But when you are "bounced around like a cat in a clothes dryer" the productivity of any human being is going to be less, much less than optimal.
You are correct our checks do not come from the Teamsters, YOURS DOES. If it were not for hard working slave to the company slugs like us, you and all your buddies would be working for cable tv selling door to door, or delivering telephone books, where ever your education might take you

what?

Thanks for the insight! You've really educated me, I thought that the teamsters were there to protect and support your jobs from the big bad green wolf? File a grievance if it's soooooooooooo bad.

And sorry sir, but it takes all us dude to keep those trucks on the road. ALL of US! Without us, you don't have a job and without you, we don't have a job.

Some of this is really sad, very very sad! You know the teamsters fed, clothed and educated me - thank you very much!!!! My family deserved what they got and WORKED FOR IT!

The Teamsters represent the membership to win the best contract. They are looking out for everyone's best interest in regards to pensions, wages and other issues. So when negotiations begin, cooler heads will bring us better results.

File a grievance if it's soooooooooooo bad.

And sorry sir, but it takes all us dude to keep those trucks on the road. ALL of US! Without us, you don't have a job and without you, we don't have a job.

Some of this is really sad, very very sad! You know the teamsters fed, clothed and educated me - thank you very much!!!! My family deserved what they got and WORKED FOR IT!

O.K., Now that you have validated my suspicions, I will file not only one, but I just happened to have 6 grievances, 5 of which already have previous JAC decisions, that will have to be heard. One is about the fine engine 5 min timer that helps hypothermia rush through your system, when this winter shows its ugly head. Another is about the lack of maintenace. Another is about the very lovely silver eagle converter gears that have injured countless workers. Another is being forced to drive sleepy, (which is of course unlawful on our part), in order to avoid a delay of freight warning letter, and so on. I guess it just takes a little nudge from an esteemed member of management or some other necktie wearer to get me in gear.
Mister, I know that this company has the potential to be the greatest transportation company on earth. However, the continual beatings need to stop.
Someone needs to actually develop some people skills in order to tap the greatest resource this company has. Its hard working drivers, dock and yard people. None of us is perfect, and we all have foibles, from time to time. Why the beatings?
I guess the grievance machinery needs a little more grease, cuz I intend to give it a thorough workout in the coming months.
Man I'm sorry that you haven't seen on these pages what you expected. However, as time goes on, people change, management changes, policies change. The industry as a whole is screaming for drivers and people to work. We are not our fathers, or grandfathers, whose paradigm was to work every possible day and a phone call to hime once or twice a week was suffice to take care of a family. In todays world, the two income household is necessary to survive, how does ABF intend to address the problem? They write warning letters. A minute after a two hour call, a guy calls up and tells dispatch that his son needs to go to the emergency room for care. How do they respond? You would expect that there might some concern, but the answer from the dispatcher was, "you'll be subject to discipline if you dont show on time". Thank you. This is one example of many in the last year that have emerged from the commandants office here at stalag 034. "I need an extra two hours to go to the doctor". If your not available when we call, you'll be subject to discipline. Another letter. Now my friend thats what I call employee relations. Beat when they're up and beat um when they're down. Welcome to Anything But Family.

Additionally, I applaud your insight to recognize the fact that we are interdependent, as a company. I have suggested a team atmosphere, as well as a team platform, for this company to adopt, so that all players are involved in day to day successes as well as disappointments. I suggested a proven winning strategy that could catapult this organization into unparalleled greatness. They did not even give me the respect of a reply "no thanks".
Why have a team atmosphere, when you can throw shots at each other.
:Poke: :Poke:

Additionally, I applaud your insight to recognize the fact that we are interdependent, as a company. I have suggested a team atmosphere, as well as a team platform, for this company to adopt, so that all players are involved in day to day successes as well as disappointments. I suggested a proven winning strategy that could catapult this organization into unparalleled greatness. They did not even give me the respect of a reply "no thanks".
Why have a team atmosphere, when you can throw shots at each other.
:Poke: :Poke:
How does this surprise you?
You and me are dummy truck drivers. Yep, dummies with college degrees. Let me see, that would put us pretty much on an educational level playing field with most, if not more of the management. As a matter fact, we have probably more than 18 or more drivers on our road board, that have been downsized , and for other reasons come back to trucking for a living. This in itself, does not qualify us to make suggestions for improvement. This can only come from the crystal palace in fart schmitt, where the deep thinkers gather in atypical formation as they do at the Rand Corporation. We have a director on the board from a noted consulting group that I actually had a dealing with. The firm took our input, and in return, gave company a wonderful long range logistics plan that needed a large investment to implement. The company invested 75 million dollars, give or take a million, for this long range forward thinking plan that lasted 6 years. The problem was is that their logistical centers of operation were only, hmmmm, about 400 to 500 miles further than it really needed to be and instead of cost savings, constant investment. Was this a simple error, or does this scenario reflect truly, what kind of nonscientific, rhetorical, plans that are being "cooked" up by these folks that really do not have a working knowledge of the transportation industry, other than whats been published in text books written by professors who have never been in a truck. Get them in the trucks, in the yard and do the job we do, find out what the job is. I'm sure that their flawed blueprints may change. Oh but I forgot, I am a dummy truck driver. Pity, eh?

Well brothers and sisters, here is another blurb you wont be hearing on Bobs squaretable. Looks like we need to take a look and see what they've accomplished. This might be our new contract

UPS Freight Workers in Indianapolis Ratify Historic, First Ever Contract

After More Than A Half-Century Struggle, Former Overnite Workers Prevail

INDIANAPOLIS, Oct. 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Workers at UPS Freight
(formerly Overnite Transportation) in Indianapolis overwhelmingly ratified
their first contract ever today, by a 107-1 vote. This agreement will
improve wages, benefits and working conditions and will serve as a model to
organize thousands of other UPS Freight employees nationwide, Teamsters
General President Jim Hoffa announced.

UPS Freight Workers in Indianapolis Ratify Historic, First Ever Contract

Has anyone tried to post a message on the abfatwork web board that doesn't go with ABF objective ?

The ABFinfosquaretable is a highly moderated, censored, company propaganda machine. If your question, or comment does not fit into their "what we want you to know" criteria, it will not be posted. Don't allow this to cloud your judgment.

The table is not square, its rectangle. and bobby is on the far end and cant hear a thing from his fellow employee family members. Maybe his hearing is gone from these noisy darn wannabe fords. I know mine is.