FedEx Freight | Anybody ever seen this???

Dirt Pusher

TB Lurker
Credits
lWSFcRf.jpg
i

Every time the anti-roll system activates, it triggers a sensor in the driver seat cushion that determines the "pucker factor". This allows the FMCSA to figure out if the driver pooped his pants in the process of almost rolling his truck. If the driver was "blissfully ignorant" of the event, he can be disqualified and have his CDL revoked.

:duh:

Did you tap the green play button?
It didn't pop up on my handheld it was on a fellow coworkers. He did say that he listened to it and you could hear a truck running and someone shifting gears. I wanted to post this to se if anyone else had seen this and maybe someone could figure out when they are recording us. Our dispatcher said he didn't know anything about it (of course)

Read up on the law for recording devices in the state you live in. Where I live it's illegal if ones conversations are recorded without consent. I have no idea what type of recording is happening in the picture shown. Do you?

Read up on the law for recording devices in the state you live in. Where I live it's illegal if ones conversations are recorded without consent. I have no idea what type of recording is happening in the picture shown. Do you?
No. it looks to me like there were several different recordings. I don't know what the laws are here but I still feel like it is an invasion of privacy but IDK if it's legal or not.

In the state of NC, you only need the consent of one party to record a conversation so if the one doing the recording consents, it's legal.

Ohio is also a "one party state" plus it's their vechicle and you're on their time. Try telling them they can't search your truck or locker if they own it. I'm not sure you have an expectation of privacy in a company vechicle. I do hate all this electronic leash crap though. I know they can already tract the truck and the intermec I don't ever remember then telling me about it.

Ohio is also a "one party state" plus it's their vechicle and you're on their time. Try telling them they can't search your truck or locker if they own it. I'm not sure you have an expectation of privacy in a company vechicle. I do hate all this electronic leash crap though. I know they can already tract the truck and the intermec I don't ever remember then telling me about it.
So you don't know what type of recorder it is.
I would think they wouldn't have to if you're in a one party state.

Hahahaha. I always thought fedex was too cheap to use the camera and voice recorder on those things. Keep your phone calls short and sweet..ABF has the same bricks and some guys use the built in gps to enroute to the next stop.

Next time you stop for a break and want to make a phone call, don't forget to toss it in the trailer. From the look of that photo, they're checking up with that driver pretty often.

Wrong again this is a federal law its called illegal wire tapping.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2511

Wrong again man you're on a roll,

http://www.greensfelder.com/busines...gps-what-is-legal-and-what-are-best-practices

Several courts have held that where an employer attaches a GPS tracking device to an employer-owned vehicle, an employee driving that vehicle is not able to state a claim for invasion of privacy when the employer tracks the whereabouts of the vehicle

It's their vehicle and they have a right to track it. Try telling them they can't search it or employees that have lockers the belong to them they can search it. You don't have a right to privacy in some else's property.

How did he pull up that screen?
He said he was logging off and walking across the parking lot and it sounde like a radio and he looked at his hand held and that was on there. Upon further investigation apparently a few more people at our terminal have seen that screen and one of them actually confronted our SCM about it and he said that he didn't know anything about it either. I'm going to try and figure out how you get to that screen and if I am successful I will let y'all know