anybody ever work for PFG food service, good money but hard work, 55-60K 4 DAY WEEK

Hey Maverick, just got a call from your Supervisor who lives in Florence,Al im suppose to interview with him tomorrow at the drop yard in Athens.

I went to the drop yard, its 40 miles (oneway) from my house. I talked to a driver while i was their, nothing but praise about co. and enjoyed working at PFG.

We did not get the chance to interview, i seen the PFG truck and followed him to the drop yard. However, i did get a call from HR and she will be doing a phone interview with me tomorrow at 8:30am.So maybe the process begins.

I wish I lived a half mile from work Bubba...LOL!

IT'S 8.5 mi GT. Takes about 15 min. That's another reason it's hard too leave. Don't get me wrong I like the job but the way they load these trucks sux. I have it made compared to the other guys. I have a pallet drop first stop 4 out of 5 days. So one side of my trailer is empty those days. The others have a 28 with like 4 to 7 hundred on them with like 16 stops. Looking like a grenade went off in the back.

IT'S 8.5 mi GT. Takes about 15 min. That's another reason it's hard too leave. Don't get me wrong I like the job but the way they load these trucks sux. I have it made compared to the other guys. I have a pallet drop first stop 4 out of 5 days. So one side of my trailer is empty those days. The others have a 28 with like 4 to 7 hundred on them with like 16 stops. Looking like a grenade went off in the back.

Nothing has changed Bubba, it was the same when I was at PFG, its the same at Sysco, we all struggle every day with the loads, your not alone Brother Bubba!!

Well guys,I had my phone interview on Friday morning with a very nice Lady, she said she would call the supervisor to set me up an interview with him.

Do any of you guys work on Saturdays or Sundays? What about OT? Are your routes set up so you can get off early on any certain day?
I saw a PFG truck unloading today at Wendy`s, they were team drivers out of Austell, GA.However the other guy was in the truck asleep.

The strength test is just a bunch of lifting and pushing a loaded dolly, its really nothing at all. When I did mine for PFG, they had me pick up a milk crate with weights, it was 80lbs, wanted me to put it on a shelf chest high, after I did it I asked him what the reason for that was, he said its to simulate putting a box of meat on the top shelf, I explained to him that he could have saved the time doing that test because even if the old lady I'm delivering to is in a wheel chair I ain't gonna put meat on a top shelf, for anyone, for any reason.

Well, i weigh 165lbs so i know i will have my work cut out for me.He told me i would have to go to Lebanon,TN for about 2 days for orientation too and then come back to train. Probably run vacation routes i guess.

That's probably PFS customized. They do the national chains. AFAIK the local PFS/PFG operations generally do a hub and spoke system with shuttle and delivery drivers. We have 2-3 layover routes and one sleeper tractor. Almost everyone here sleeps in their own bed at night and runs by themselves. We do run some Saturdays. I leave every week on Sunday night to have the route trailers back here in time for the Monday AM routes. Most of our guys work more than 40 hours. Extra work is sometimes available covering for sick and vacation days. I've thrown groceries for 4-5 hours after driving all night when a guy called off. Some routes are short, some are long. One of my guys works barely 40 hours. The other gets about 52. Arranging a short day doesn't happen here, have to take a casual day, but the rules might vary at your location.