XPO | Anybody know the particulars of the ConWay

slabslob

TB Lurker
Credits
driver apprentice program? Their website says it's a year long training process. And you work the dock in the mean time.
Are you full-time dockworker while you train? Casual? What does the dock pay? How many hours per week do you train for CDL?
And any other info you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

slabslob said:
driver apprentice program? Their website says it's a year long training process. And you work the dock in the mean time.
Are you full-time dockworker while you train? Casual? What does the dock pay? How many hours per week do you train for CDL?
And any other info you guys have would be greatly appreciated.
you can get your cdl as soon as your ready. the personell guy gives you your road test and then you go to the state for your written. you usually pratice in the am then work the dock in the afternoon, depending on the work load at your terminal. now if you already have a cdl you go right to driving and working the dock. Im not sure but I think you get benifits after 60 days and become regular after 1 year. I think starting pay is around 15$. It would be best to call your local terminal. they can tell you for sure.

yeah i loved being on the flex board grossin 300 a week. it is a good place to work if you've got a few years in, but this is not a good time to be a new driver there. all anyone that was hired this year is overtime controll.

Yeah, just like any other trucking company. However, peak season is around the corner. Just do the best you can, work hard, let Mnmgt. know you want to move up, and it will happen iventually. Trust Me........You should try and hang in a little while longer to see what happens....

too late for me! i'm #1 at a GROWING company that is expanding into my area. i just got sick of the lies. i started in january, was told it'd pick up in march. it didn't. then i was told "wait til the vacations kick in, you'll be beggin for time off. only beggin i did was on the streets with the other pan-handlers. a fos told me back in July that while at xgo for some meetings or whatever that they could lay off 170+ drivers in the central region and service wouldn't be affected at all. they over hired this year, no other way to put it. anyone that got hired this year WILL be laid off or whatever they call it this winter.

toosweet said:
Yeah, just like any other trucking company. However, peak season is around the corner. Just do the best you can, work hard, let Mnmgt. know you want to move up, and it will happen iventually. Trust Me........You should try and hang in a little while longer to see what happens....
we are in the peak season and peolpe are not working.and why would i want to move up in this company and take a pay cut to do it.

We are not quite in the peak season yet. I agree, they did hire too many people this year. You focus on yourself, bust you a***,, and we recognize people.

toosweet said:
We are not quite in the peak season yet.
b.s the peak season is almost over.peak season starts in late may when they start shipping school supply's,Christmas shipment's are due to start soon and end in late September.

bust you a***,, and we recognize people
star cards what a joke.
and if your talking about moving up to a f.o.s position that a pay cut i make more then the fos's at may fac.

toosweet said:
You gentlemen just don't understand. Let's just say, I know facts, not rumors....???? AND I'm no DSR.........
So what are the facts wise one?? We could tell you're no DSR, it takes common sense to be a DSR. You sound like FatBeard on those retarded videos. I never put more into ANY job I ever had than I did at CWF. Going to Con-Way was the reason I got a CDL in the first place. The one thing I never liked about the company was the constant sunshine gettin blown up my butt. Don't tell me it's gonna pick up in a month when you've said that since the day i started, and i'm trying to figure out what bills to pay, based on which is about to be turned off. I'm gonna miss a lot of things at cwf, like the people i worked with, the actual work itself, and the bennies. the one thing i won't miss is the dilusional upper management people like yourself that learned all you need to know about the freight business in a college classroom. good day.

Toosweet--I ASK YOU AGAIN. You say that you know the facts and not rumors. Well we are still waiting. Don`t answer by saying what do you want to know. Put out a list on this thread of what you know and be a man/woman and don`t talk out of both sides of your mouth. Put links to where you list can be checked if you have a spine.

brutus said:
b.s the peak season is almost over.peak season starts in late may when they start shipping school supply's,Christmas shipment's are due to start soon and end in late September.

star cards what a joke.
and if your talking about moving up to a f.o.s position that a pay cut i make more then the fos's at may fac.
And you are a lot smarter.Some of the new fos'es seem like they got off the little bus.

toosweet said:
Con-Way is a great place to work.......You won't be disappointed
If that is true sir,Then why are your fellow co-owner management brothers jumping the good ship C.F.(conway freight) like rat on a burning ship.When the leadership is bailing What dose that say about the way thing are.Please tell me why toosweet?When my FXF Friends see your name and know you are a top brass.I will catch more hell then when our team member got busted for making a new Friend.