XPO | Anyone collect Die-cast trucks or cars?

Jeff Albertson

TB Lurker
Credits
I enjoy collecting Die Cast trucks. I have quit a few different Conway trucks , including the CEX tonkin, Con-Quest, "Con-Way Now" bob tail, and Truckload, old version. Still need the new Truckload and new colored Conway set. Also collect old Matchbox trucks.

You don't see too many of the CEX. Is that one still in the box? If it is ,it would bring a pretty penny.

yes i collect matchbox cars not trucks i have them from the 60s to present,i also have a case that has the picture on the top of a 68 or69 mustang.

Still need the new Truckload and new colored Conway set.
Are you going to buy it at the con-waycompanystore?

Sometimes a SCM or A/E are in a giving mood and you can actually get a freebie.
Sometimes you can snag a good account and get one as a reward.
I know a linehaul driver that was a good samaritan while enroute back to his domicile. He was in the paper and his SCM gave him one.

I have three rebranded sets and 1 truckload.

I like the out of stock (possibly forever) 25th anniversary set!:1036316054:

I enjoy collecting Die Cast trucks. I have quit a few different Conway trucks , including the CEX tonkin, Con-Quest, "Con-Way Now" bob tail, and Truckload, old version. Still need the new Truckload and new colored Conway set. Also collect old Matchbox trucks.
:hide: ClearBlack is correct that E-Bay is a good place to find Die-Casts.
One word of caution about buying Die-Cast trucks on E-Bay: If there is no mention of the manufacturers name, send a question to the seller. If you get no reply, assume it is a China repro.
This comes from a voice of experience. I bought a few that were China repros, they look really good on display, but are not near as valuable as the name brand ones, even though lots of the name brand ones are made in China. The price was right....but you get what you pay for! :smilie_132: