Anyone else affected by the last round?

It seems to me the employees that are still here and working are not the disgruntled ones, It's the ex employees that are so upset that they left a good job like this that are disgruntled.:loser: I guess you can say they have inferiority complex's so they try to berate us to try to make themselves feel better. You need to stop acting like little school girls to try to get a rise out of a few people and move on. Some of you worked here 5+ years and had one or two bad experiences such as being forced on a layover or a senior driver taking your bid and that made this company no good for you. Some of you since leaving had 3 or more jobs and will never get any seniority and will never be happy anywhere. Sorry , but I call it like I see it.

I didn't realize that Jeff sold this web site???

Oh what - you only sound like you own it, but really don't?

And what's that? I can post anywhere and say any darn thing that I want as long as I'm not violating site rules? Really? Wow, what a great concept!

Feel free to report any post that I make. I think that you will quickly find that I make many more positive contributions to this site than you, so if you have a problem with me why not simply call me on my cell? It seems that you know my life story, right?

I exercised my opinion about NEMF when I quit there. If I have something to add to a thread I will continue to do so.

Please keep your personal criticism of me to your self. I'm sure that a mod. will quickly terminate your membership if you continue to pursue this type of behavior.

You enjoy your job? Great! Not everyone may share your opinions. Some might be interested in mine. That's why this site is a "FORUM" - look it it up if you need the meaning clarified for you..........

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I don't know your personal history or care. After reading a lot of postings of people that stated that they are ex-employees and the way these same people always try to spread their negativity here, it's easy to come to a conclusion as to what their agenda is. These are tough times in our industry and the last thing anyone needs or wants is more negativity. What I said was a generalization, and that's all it was a generalization, not a personal attack to you I'm sorry if I hit close to home with it. Every company out there has layoffs and as drivers we are all trying to do the same thing (make a living and feed our families) and it would be a better career if everyone would realize that and try working together instead of screwing each other every opportunity they get. All of these companies are the same except the name and color on the truck. Not everyone can be a teamster or an O/O or whatever you are, but that doesn't make them less or more of a driver than you or me. I Wish you the best wherever you work and hope you are happy there.

Generally, when you quote someone's post, then commence to call them a "little girl", a "loser" and tell them that they have an "inferiority complex" it is not a generalization. It is much more of a personal attack.

I'm glad that you didn't want to "hurt my feelings" and since it really didn't "hit too close to home" I will not continue with these off topic posts.

I agree that many people do Troll these boards and would encourage you to REPORT any posts that seem to do so by clicking the caution sign in the top right corner of the post box. That way the moderators can police this forum instead of us.

Happy trails

I agree that many people do Troll these boards and would encourage you to REPORT any posts that seem to do so by clicking the caution sign in the top right corner of the post box. That way the moderators can police this forum instead of us.

Happy trails

We do so regularly, but this is good advice......:smilie_132::popcorn:

i hang with a couple of guys out of your Elizabeth terminal. was that terminal effected ?

We finally have our only Line Haul Driver (1 of a 22 list) laid off. We were beginning to think that we could get by the slow period without losing anybody, but I guess we are stubborn in our belief that business will rebound strongly in April (as it always did). Apparently the Management doesn't feel the same way.
P & D has 21 on layoff and 15 on-call (Steve will correct me if that's not accurate), but there the list is very large. They still have over 120 P & D drivers working every day and most of our dock list (over 50 men) is still working daily.
From what I see and have heard, we are doing better than, or as well as anybody else in the business. We all just need to settle down and lower our income expectations a little (there may be less overtime, etc.) for the rest of this year. NEMF has had slow years before, but we always have be able to weather the bad times. :smilie_132::thumbsup::shades:

Are you kidding me?

It seems to me the employees that are still here and working are not the disgruntled ones, It's the ex employees that are so upset that they left a good job like this that are disgruntled.:loser: I guess you can say they have inferiority complex's so they try to berate us to try to make themselves feel better. You need to stop acting like little school girls to try to get a rise out of a few people and move on. Some of you worked here 5+ years and had one or two bad experiences such as being forced on a layover or a senior driver taking your bid and that made this company no good for you. Some of you since leaving had 3 or more jobs and will never get any seniority and will never be happy anywhere. Sorry , but I call it like I see it.

What the H@&L? Are you kidding me? I put my time in this company. Come on. Since your on a rant like this.. Guess I can put my 2 cents worth of rant into this. Are you seriously saying that we as EX-employees are disgruntled because we left a GOOD JOB like that one? Dude.. What flavor is that cool-aid there you are drinking. You think one or two bad things would disgruntle an employee? Is that all it takes you think? Get a grip. It was the 5 f'ing years of bad times I and other EX-employees had there, that caused them to be EX-employees. Do you think the EX-employees left to get a job over the road to be a billy big rigger? Maybe the EX-employees went to work for Taco Bell? NO! The ones that CAN crawl up the food chain like everyone else. Saying that, I know for me and a few others we did that crawl, NEMF is a has been for us, no more .46 cents per mile(if you were lucky), crappy hardware and union bull crap. WE the EX-employees are making ALOT more money now and working for a VERY good LTL company. Excuse me if this was harsh, but you asked for it for the rant to that guy SteelMiller. :Flame-On:

Guy,
What kind of money are you making?
Do you have to pay for medical insurance?
Do you have a Defined Pension Plan that is 110% funded?

If so, I would like to work their, what job did you say it was that you are working on???????

Pay??

Guy,
What kind of money are you making?
Do you have to pay for medical insurance?
Do you have a Defined Pension Plan that is 110% funded?

If so, I would like to work their, what job did you say it was that you are working on???????

Well I will not give out pay on here. We could dicusse that in a PM, but I do pay for good benefits. You guys at NEMF will be doing this very shortly. Pension yes. Not sure where you are getting 110% funded. Better start asking around more to get the truth about that. Ys, have a pension here also. Anything else?:popcorn:

Seems like it's pretty tongue and cheek there steel, I think they're just havin some fun messin with each other. doesn't seem malicious to me.

Seems like it's pretty tongue and cheek there steel, I think they're just havin some fun messin with each other. doesn't seem malicious to me.

I'm friendly with 50% of the equation. I was just funnin' him. :guiness: