Central Transport | Anyone Else Feel Like a Rented Mule?

biglarry28

TB Lurker
Credits
Well for most of us who have been with Vitran for awhile this is at least the second time you have been sold out. Now what? If you are a legacy employee do you wait to see "if" your wages are slashed? Do you try to find a small company that hopefully won't sell you out before you retire? or do you bite the bullet and go work for one of the "big boys" wishing that you had done it 20 years ago so at least you would have some seniority? There is a long list of trucking companies that have gone bust, but it doesn't make things any easier to stomach. For many people the days of putting in a hard days work and making a career at one place are GONE, and America is worse off for it. Good luck to everyone in your future endeavors.

this is exactly the decision I need to make, long term seniority and close to 4 weeks vac, do I throw that all down the drain on what I know/hear about CT's owner or take my chances and ride it out?

this is exactly the decision I need to make, long term seniority and close to 4 weeks vac, do I throw that all down the drain on what I know/hear about CT's owner or take my chances and ride it out?

Might as well go along for the ride. Plus CK needs hardworking employees

Uh Yuppp

I knew something was going on. This company is pathetic. Been here 3 years. Regret every minute. Should have taken the last job offered to me.

the thing you say about not being able to put in a hard days work to make a career for yourself... that happens everywhere... from trucking to engineering... so i can't take that too personally... just the world we live in

as for my gameplan... i'll just do my job the best i can and ride this thing out. i am looking at other opportunities, if something good comes along i'll bite. if not i'm in the same boat as everyone else at vitran i figure.