Anyone Else paranoid about going places?

CenturyClass

Lead-side Recruit
Credits
With all the senseless gun violence happening across the country, I hardly if ever want to leave the house unless absolutely necessary these days. I know you never know what time you will die, but I don't want my life cut short because some little punk couldn't hack it and decide to take a few innocent people with him. Anywhere I go, I sit close to an exit and observe the behavior of others. I have a CCW and out here, you can pretty much carry anywhere, but honestly it is such a pain, and I don't feel like having a gun on me all the time. Thoughts?

There is no such thing as 'gun violence'. It's a made up term liberals use to enact more gun control propaganda.

Welcome to media scaremongering. You just bought all of their biased BS. Truth of the matter is that you have a better chance of getting killed in a car accident on your way to that mall than you do getting killed by some looser on a shooting rampage.

There is no such thing as 'gun violence'. It's a made up term liberals use to enact more gun control propaganda.

Welcome to media scaremongering. You just bought all of their biased BS. Truth of the matter is that you have a better chance of getting killed in a car accident on your way to that mall than you do getting killed by some looser on a shooting rampage.
And that is your opinion, and you are entitled to that. :) But the fact still remains, the number of shootings over the last year or so, have been out of control.

And that is your opinion, and you are entitled to that. :) But the fact still remains, the number of shootings over the last year or so, have been out of control.

No, they haven't. You're hearing more about them because the liberal media has an anti-gun agenda.

With all the senseless gun violence happening across the country, I hardly if ever want to leave the house unless absolutely necessary these days. I know you never know what time you will die, but I don't want my life cut short because some little punk couldn't hack it and decide to take a few innocent people with him. Anywhere I go, I sit close to an exit and observe the behavior of others. I have a CCW and out here, you can pretty much carry anywhere, but honestly it is such a pain, and I don't feel like having a gun on me all the time. Thoughts?

Geez, man up.

Based on what?

your not the first Century

Last edited by a moderator:
Not yet but it does look like it is headed that way. In today's world a lot more people are under a lot more stress and they do go over the edge. Carrying a gun is not the answer by itself. Situational awareness is equally important. That gun won't do you any good if you get blind sided by a punk in a knockout game the same as it won't do you any good if you're in the front door of your house, the perpetrator is in your kitchen and your gun is in the living room or your bedroom. I know the media is all about sensationalization but I don't recall mall and school shootings happening all my life. I can see the country welcoming Big Brother with open arms for their own protection in the next 20 years.

While "out of control" is an accurate description of the number of shootings, Airbrakes is right. Your chance of dying in a wreck is higher than getting shot. Our government is out of control and it affects everyone in the USA but you don't see people making any changes, other than urging the government to change more.....FOR THE WORSE. Don't let your guard down when in public places but also don't let the media freak you out. My rule of thumb is...When in doubt...Whip it out. But!!! I do access the information surrounding me at that given time. I don't just whip it out because I am alarmed or afraid.

Hey, if you don't wanna go to them, they can come to your house. They don't even have to know where you live or need an invite.

They just show up.

Be not afraid, for yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I walk with my 357.

Oh yeah, and I also have the Big Guy on my side too.

[h=2]Anyone Else paranoid about going places?[/h]
hell no......

i am just a little apprehensive about leaving the house, that's all.........

i ain't gonna live my life like a perpetual scaredy-cat like maybe you do.....

so to "thwart" any possible gun (or any other kind) of violence towards me.....

i simply jump into my car, and go where i need to go...........

guardian-3l.jpg

Instead of going after the 'tools', why don't we attack the root of the problem?

You say the murder rate is high. I'll give you that. But has it ever occurred to you to look at the trend? The majority of gun related hommicides are related to gang and drug activity. The majority of these crimes happen in poverty ridden neighborhoods, in cities that have the toughest gun control laws in the nation. I grew up in one of these cities. In the slums. I'm alive to tell about it because I stayed away from drugs and gangs.

Want to make a difference?

One of 2 things will curb the gang violence.

1) education. Cities with higher gang activity and higher murder rates have the lowest education standards in the nation. Go figure. Here you have hundreds of thousands of kids with no parental guidance and nothing to do with their free time.

2) Decriminalization. Not just marijuana, but decriminalize all contraband. Remember the gangs of the 20s and 30s? The 21st amendment put them out of business, and that was the sole purpose of passing the 21st.

Instead of going after the 'tools', why don't we attack the root of the problem?

You say the murder rate is high. I'll give you that. But has it ever occurred to you to look at the trend? The majority of gun related hommicides are related to gang and drug activity. The majority of these crimes happen in poverty ridden neighborhoods, in cities that have the toughest gun control laws in the nation.

1) put all the thugs on some of these.....(cuz one ain't gonnabe enough)
1037643_92eeb913.jpg

2) Have the US Navy do this........
images

that'll curb everything..>!!!!

If your uncomfortable with guns....at least put a level two bullet-proof/stab vest on. They have a wide variety of tasers too ?

I carry three pistols ,a knife, and pocket change for beggars .....

[h=2]Anyone Else paranoid about going places?[/h]
hell no......

i am just a little apprehensive about leaving the house, that's all.........

i ain't gonna live my life like a perpetual scaredy-cat like maybe you do.....

so to "thwart" any possible gun (or any other kind) of violence towards me.....

i simply jump into my car, and go where i need to go...........

guardian-3l.jpg

Me too.

1) education. Cities with higher gang activity and higher murder rates have the lowest education standards in the nation. Go figure. Here you have hundreds of thousands of kids with no parental guidance and nothing to do with their free time.

2) Decriminalization. Not just marijuana, but decriminalize all contraband. Remember the gangs of the 20s and 30s? The 21st amendment put them out of business, and that was the sole purpose of passing the 21st.

I'm all for it.

Let those people kill each other...these "giving for nothing" social programs ain't worken. Your view on drugs is dead on....people wanna die doing drugs "fine"..have at it.... "that will be $457.00 Sir.... thanks for having me... ill see you next week on that good African-American heroin"

You say the murder rate is high. I'll give you that. But has it ever occurred to you to look at the trend? The majority of gun related hommicides are related to gang and drug activity. The majority of these crimes happen in poverty ridden neighborhoods, in cities that have the toughest gun control laws in the nation. I grew up in one of these cities. In the slums. I'm alive to tell about it because I stayed away from drugs and gangs.

Hello CenturyClass,

Most violence is SENSELESS yet there are FEWER DEATHS BY GUNS (semi/full auto Pistols, Rifles, Shotguns, Bazookas, sub-semi-full auto machine guns) than KNIVES, BOMBS, NATURE, so just relax.
Correct, NO ONE KNOWS when they'll die, so ENJOY LIFE. WHEN YOU DIE, IT WILL THEN BE YOUR TIME.
You're more likely to get hit by some out of control vehicle on a street or road than shot by some whack job with a pistol, rifle, machine gun, etc.

Not every shooting happens in a ghetto nor is caused by people from a ghetto.

Carrying Concealed doesn't mean anything IF you're assaulted and there's a nice, sharp sword or similar on your throat or crotch.
At that point, your CCW and Weapon are worthless.

I as well "observe the behaviour of others" when out and about ESPECIALLY when at truck stops day and night.

IF you're paranoid, it doesn't mean no one is out to get ya, so just stay home and seal the entrances/exits, chop a hole in the front room floor and dig a bunker.

It's the WHAT IF principle.

I have NO Concealed Weapon on me whatsoever yet KEYS can be weapons as well small knives as well steel toed boots and just about anything within reach that can be thrown or used as a blocker.

I was never in the Military so I didn't first or second hand experience any general incidents or major violence.
I'm just a private civilian in a third rate country on a dying Planet.
IMPROVISE, ADAPT, OVERCOME.

How about ALL THE POLICE INVOLVED SHOOTINGS like when these halfwits kick in the doors of the WRONG ADDRESSES and more often than not MURDER INNOCENT PEOPLE??
Wouldn't such ADD to the "gun violence" count??

CHEERS!!