XPO | Anyone from Parma?

RevItUp

TB Lurker
Credits
They have an ad in the paper. Whats it like? I'm on the linehaul extra board at Yellow but havent had a call in 5 weeks. In the mean time I work at Central Transport. Crappy company but I am getting LTL experience. I do linehaul at nite with some dock. The more I learn about LTL I think I want a city job. I like more of a set schedule with evenings and weekends off. I dont think I want to be married to the phone at Yellow. How long would it take to get that at Conway?

RevItUp said:
They have an ad in the paper. Whats it like? I'm on the linehaul extra board at Yellow but havent had a call in 5 weeks. In the mean time I work at Central Transport. Crappy company but I am getting LTL experience. I do linehaul at nite with some dock. The more I learn about LTL I think I want a city job. I like more of a set schedule with evenings and weekends off. I dont think I want to be married to the phone at Yellow. How long would it take to get that at Conway?
I'm back in Parma, and i'm workin my butt off. con-way is a bit different than yellow. first of all, our flex board goes top to bottom, no matter if it takes a day or a week. not like yellow, where they have that crappy hog board. you'll do it all, city dock, linehaul, esp in the begining. we are m-f, with an occasional saturday linehaul or delivery to be covered. all in all it's a good place to work, you still are on call, but you can figure out about what time they're gonna call you the next day based on how far down the list they get that day. there's a ton of city work in parma, so if it's a city kitty you wanna be when you grow up, i'd say get your app in asap. i started in jan, and there are 2 less people ahead of me and 3 under me already.

city bids out number road bids nearly 2 to 1. time wise it just depends on business and how many are hired and attrition above you. the sooner you get an app in the better off you'll be, as application date is a tie breaker for senority when they have more than one person start on a particular day, which happens a lot.

Suspense is over. I met with Gene yesterday. He offered me a job and I accepted! Did the road test on the spot and waiting for the background check.

RevItUp said:
Suspense is over. I met with Gene yesterday. He offered me a job and I accepted! Did the road test on the spot and waiting for the background check.
congratulations, see ya soon. check your pm's.

RevItUp said:

Congrat's!! I'm sure I'll see you down here in a few weeks...:funky:

Mozartsghost said:
Congrat's!! I'm sure I'll see you down here in a few weeks...:funky:
Yeah Rev, moazartsghost is easy to pick out down in xco. he's the one tryin real hard to look busy while doin nothin.:chairshot: serriously tho, he'll give ya the grand tour of that mad house and help ya out if ya need it when you go down there on your own.

badlionsfan said:
Yeah Rev, moazartsghost is easy to pick out down in xco. he's the one tryin real hard to look busy while doin nothin.:chairshot: serriously tho, he'll give ya the grand tour of that mad house and help ya out if ya need it when you go down there on your own.

:nutkick: D'oh!!!!