Anyone have Verizon Fios?

pro1driver

I don't wanna go fishing, even though i got stuff
Credits
i just had to call Verizon to have my parents home phone changed over from the copper wires to the Fios line.

then i called to have my home phone and internet changed over as well.

do any of you have Verizon's Fios internet..??

i was told it will be a 50 mbps download and upload speeds.

it is also a 2 year price plan. i have Verizon DSL now, and it was fast when i first got it, faster than dial up.

we gotta switch over, come middle of November, the copper system will be shut down (according to the letter we got).

i could have done this sooner, but like anything else, kept putting it off.

of course, they tried to sell me tv service as well.....but i do not want that. i got satellite.

I had Fios at my last house and I have majic jack for my telephone. I had slowest speed that they offered and no complaints here except that I think it's overpriced. I now live in an area that Verizon doesn't serve. It's Windstream here and they're horrible and overpriced so I went with cable (not Comcast) and I'm good at $60/month.

the verizon guy is supposed to come over this morning. here it is, just after 7 AM, and in due time, i should be getting the call from them telling me, he is on his way. my "window for installation" is 8 AM till 11 AM, so i hope i am first, since i made the appointment 2 weeks ago.

i am getting the upgraded phone line (fiber optic) and the internet, FiOS. supposed to give me 50/50 upload/download speeds.'

i hope so.

2 year price lock.

looking forward now to clicking onto a link, and being there yesterday.......

Compared to DSL...there will be no comparison. But what will you do with all your extra time now?

some kind of screw up. verizon did not have my appointment.....~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so i called them, and was told that the guy will be here "sometime today now" since i had already a confirmation number.

but good news ( i guess), instead of the 50/50 upload and download speeds, i will be getting 150/150 speeds for 2 years, at a lower price lock..>!!!!!!

the only problem i have actually, is that i was supposed to take my dad for his blood test, after the installation, if it was all done by noontime...

now, i have no idea on time of arrival, so this puts me off for dad's stuff till tomorrow. not very good, as this blood work is an important one for sure, as he see's his nurse for his EPO shot next week.. and i have absolutely NO ONE else that can take him today.

instead of the 50/50 upload and download speeds, i will be getting 150/150 speeds for 2 years, at a lower price lock..>!!!!!!
Faster is always better but those high speeds only really matter if you're a heavy user. i e kids in the house, multiple users playing games and stuff. I'm an old man who can't even figure out how to play a game so I go with the slowest speeds. I can watch hulu and YouTube videos just fine so I'm happy. Maybe with your shiny new highspeed access you can become the new World of Warcraft warlord.

i just surf, email, watch some video clips on you tube, no tv shows, nor movies. but i'll take what is given to me due to the screw up. when the 2 years of a locked in price is over, i will see how high the price jumps,. and make changes then.

at one time, these higher speeds were for business use, now i guess it is for anyone...???

at one time, these higher speeds were for business use, now i guess it is for anyone...???
I doubt that business really needs the speeds that are required for gaming. Particularly if you have a few gamers going at once. The video and graphics used for those eat up a whole bunch of bandwidth. I can't see a business doing much more than having a bunch of people passing text back and forth...unless their business is games or video.

well the verizon guy came over. was here maybe about 2 hours, and now my phone line is new and my internet is FiOS. i have done a couple of internet speed tests, and yep, just slightly over 150 Mbps.

well the verizon guy came over. was here maybe about 2 hours, and now my phone line is new and my internet is FiOS. i have done a couple of internet speed tests, and yep, just slightly over 150 Mbps.
:wee: Maybe you can apply for extra video ads since you have all that bandwidth to spare. :hilarious:

well it's been a week now, and my speeds are at or above the 150 Mbps. so far, so good, i'm liking the faster speeds.