SAIA | Anyone heard anything?

There have been published reports of planets, moons, and other space related articles changing courses over the last 5 to 10 years. Some are predicting a series of intergalactic collisions in or near 2012.It is said the sky will be on fire and fire crashing to earth. HMMMMM. Could this be the coming of Christ? After all. He did say he would come back.

Yes he will, but only the father knows the date and time. Sure looks as if events could be leading that way though.

Getting back to lay offs there were 6 to get cut in Baton Rouge 2 night dock workers 2 day time dock workers one inbound supervisor and one in the office.

Ain't it amazing that companies will let the work force go, let the numbers fail, and put the business in jeopardy rather that let go some of the higher ups that make 3 to 5 times what the workforce employee makes.

I think their thinking is you can have a truck driver work the dock, but how is a dock worker going to drive a truck. That is only my opinion.

well at our terminal drivers been working the dock as long as i have been there, and thats seven years now. the bigger terminals I dont know how they do it but working the dock then going out delivering my freight I have no problem with, at least my trailer is loaded the way I want it. and depending on what time we get back at night we work outbound to, so up here where Im at we are getting it done with no complaints just working a little longer the pt dockworker let go only worked inbound anyway, whats killing us we dont have enough drivers and freight up here is booming and we are missing pickups.

Freight is picking up here as well cokeman. As long as I have been here there has been one city driver working inbound, and then going on a city run. There is another city driver who helps out every now and then. As far as o/b....when I started we had 1 shuttle run that worked o/b and then went to ATL and back. Shortly before I went to l/h they added 3 more shuttles. I've been doing shuttle as long as I've done l/h (little over 2 years), with a short 2 month stint in the system. I actually enjoy it aside from when it's 100 degrees at 8pm or 15 degrees at 9pm.

lets hope demo we can weather this storm and not have another layoff because if we do up here we are screwed big time, we have 7 city drivers one is on workmans comp right now, we all work the dock in the morning and maybe two or three of us at night so I guess if the uppers feel we can get it done and pay us ot for it so be it, I"ll take it.

one linehaul in clt, also a dock supervisor and os and d manager, and operations manager, tm in aug, tm in ctn, tm in col went to sales ,tm in ath went to ctn.....

one linehaul in clt, also a dock supervisor and os and d manager, and operations manager, tm in aug, tm in ctn, tm in col went to sales ,tm in ath went to ctn.....

Joe was demoted to sales? That's a shame. I've heard alot of good things about him from other drivers and my TM.

u r right the lord is coming back and from the looks of it pretty soon i hope cause he is the only one who can fix this mess!! just trust in him he wont let ya down!!!

they are hiring in cincy, Denver, and garland and I heard a team in Milwaukee, dont know about 2012 though