TForce | Anyone heard

give me a break I have heard that crap many times from ups and that is some horse crap from the union to save face when they have their arses hand to them in arbitration because they did not enforce the contract from the start. They are hedgeing their bet just in case. The union sucks and we all know it and they know we know it....

Such a big transportation company as UPS who back in the days when Union Pacific bought Overnite,they wanted a freight division.
Union Pacific wanted to much to sell UPS Overnite.
Then when the Teamster struck the company,UPS didn't want the hassle of being caught up in that strike.

But notice they hung in there,not going and purchasing any other LTL company.
When Union Pacific decided to dump Overnite,and get back in their core business of rail roading.
The Overnite big wigs were able to come up with the coin, the rail road was willing to take.
That is when Overnite went public on the stock market.
I don't think it was a full year before UPS made their move and bought out all of the stock.

I believe that was around 2005,the Overnite brand became history,UPS rebranded the old Overnite to UPS Freight.
Overnite was finally UPS's freight division.

Time marches on and UPS has invested a fair amount of money in uniforms,equipment,diads,training,billing and everything else they needed to do,for their Freight division.

Now after all this Overnite you are claiming UPS is ready to throw their freight division under the bus,because of the contractor issue?

Some how in my opinion I'm thinking what is wrong with this picture?

If your local is like mine, we would both be better off with starting the decertification process.
We were given to the union, no work whats so ever on their part, why start now is their mind set.
I honestly think its time to open their eyes.
Karen

If that really was the case the union wouldn't fight for us. You think they would take a chance and loose all them dues. They will compromise leaning toward their bread and butter.

:kicking:As with all threads. No source. Not much being said on the boards. Overnite had to make something up.

Eatups let me let you in on a little secret I was told when I was in the third grade sentences are either statements which end with either a period (.) or an exclamation mark (!). A question ends in a questionmark which looks like this (?). Send me a pm if you want to learn about nouns, verbs and adjetives.

On other forums I have read that The union has told some people this and they beleived it and also the union has used the excuse of the economy is bad and ups needs this "leeway" to stat competitive with the nonunion carriers. One person believing this story is a steward and is pushing this story. I asked the question becuase I wanted to know how far this has spread.

I do not think a whole terminal decertifying will solve the problem, we could make more of a statement by having enough people withdrawl down to %55-%60 hit them in the pocketbook.

The company told the union they would shut us down if they pushed the contractor issue?

Overnite, I know you want no outside carriers. But I don't mind as long as no one is laid off and we all have descent runs. Maybe I'm wrong here, but I would like to hear what others think about it.

If that really was the case the union wouldn't fight for us. You think they would take a chance and loose all them dues. They will compromise leaning toward their bread and butter.

Ups gave them $6 billion, that is where there bread is buttered, and who knows how much ups gives Hoffa for his reelection campaign.

Overnite, I know you want no outside carriers. But I don't mind as long as no one is laid off and we all have descent runs. Maybe I'm wrong here, but I would like to hear what others think about it.

We have all kinds of contractors here. I havent drove in 2 weeks, im the bottom road driver.

fedex does the same thing running contractor"s.you back and
think they dont have to pay for fuel,insurance,maintenance,the
drivers probally make 30 cent a mile and if the frsight is not on
time its free. ride by fedex yard in richmond,va and hagerstown,md
there is so many different contractors on the yard that it looks like
a truck stop.....

Eatups let me let you in on a little secret I was told when I was in the third grade sentences are either statements which end with either a period (.) or an exclamation mark (!). A question ends in a questionmark which looks like this (?). Send me a pm if you want to learn about nouns, verbs and adjetives.

On other forums I have read that The union has told some people this and they beleived it and also the union has used the excuse of the economy is bad and ups needs this "leeway" to stat competitive with the nonunion carriers. One person believing this story is a steward and is pushing this story. I asked the question becuase I wanted to know how far this has spread.

I do not think a whole terminal decertifying will solve the problem, we could make more of a statement by having enough people withdrawl down to %55-%60 hit them in the pocketbook.

Overnite, would you please add a period following the word grade at the end of the first line.

Debate all you want, all views and sides welcome, this is a very interesting thread.
Please DON"T turn this into personal attacks.

We have all kinds of contractors here. I havent drove in 2 weeks, im the bottom road driver.

This sounds just like the Fedex Freight forum, Union or not we all have cause for concern. I am a Fedex Freight driver (just for full disclosure's sake) and more and more the cheapest way to move freight is the best way. Gloom and Doom.. NO, just get used to being a part-time driver.

Just replying to a third grader.!?

Say eatups I think a coma between third grade and sentences may work more better than one of them there periods,in this here grammar error issue.

Nope can't say that I'm any smarter than any of them 5th graders.

Whoops off topic my bad...................whatever this thread topic is about,you all please feel free to carry on.