TForce | Anyone heard

I am trying to figure out how to correct all the grammatical mistakes being made in this thread. My red pen won't work. Sarcasm implied.

Oh yeah, the answer to the original question: I have not heard a word from anyone concerning this subect. I got the feeling I soon will be LOL.

Say eatups I think a coma between third grade and sentences may work more better than one of them there periods,in this here grammar error issue.

Nope can't say that I'm any smarter than any of them 5th graders.

Whoops off topic my bad...................whatever this thread topic is about,you all please feel free to carry on.

I had to go back and see what the original post was myself. Then I remembered,I was replying to, a made up post.

Debate all you want, all views and sides welcome, this is a very interesting thread.
Please DON"T turn this into personal attacks.

I'm a YRC employee. Our barn currently utilizes contractors/owner operators.
The info I'm posting is the wave of the future, happening TODAY.

I posted this comment a few days ago on YRC boards.

Picture this scenario. A laid-off employee comes in to work from 7-11 p.m. one night. He then returns at 4 a.m., 5 hours later, the next morning, to work another 4 hour shift. Needless to say, he then returns , that night, at 7 p.m., for another 4 hour shift. This scenario happened at 896-Orange, last week.

Here is a link to the "new" four hour rules posted . Read it and weep while the IBT stands idly by.

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/yrc/12776-4-hour-language.html

...yeah I also heard ups and fedx are merging to form

FED UP

....yeah,yeah just throw away a billion 3 plus.....:nono_h4h:

PLEEEZE...

I am just triing to catch up with Roadrunner73's post. Just want the contractors to be the first cut not company drivers. We have always been on the sharp end of this, want the company to make loads of money. Just want the backing of the company and the union (which we pay for) that we are the engine that run this operation. I do not care who is driving as long as we stay on the road and are in the right direction.

Not trying to be a smart $ss, but are you saying you don't mind contractors,or do you want our drivers running the engine?.

...contractors are only to be used as a last resort...not as a intricate part of our operation...need more drivers hire them..need equipment buy it.....adding days of service is sooo stupid and flies in the face of what UPS prides itself of...get real ...

food for thought,my friends.
Just think,how many of you my former co-workers, think Overnite/Motor Cargo would still be operating in the LTL industry today, if UPS hadn't stepped in an bought them out?

If most of you think like me,well hay than contractors would be non-issue, because,we would have all had to find work elsewhere a while ago.

Continue to see the world through your own way in which you think it should work and grow into a bitter old man.

Can one person tell me how many road drivers are currently laid off from their road bids because of contractors?

Huh? I love my job, I make more Monet than I ever thought I would, I get along with my tm and the other supervisors, I get along with the ba and the local union president, I am personally not affected by the contractors.

But I am tired of seeing coworkers get shafted by a company that goes out of there way to push peoples buttons and I am tired of a union that negoitiated a substandard contract and won't even enforce that. That is what I am standing up for.

I am not bitter, I am loving life, the people who are going to be bitter are the ones who support one side no matter what and once they find out there wrong there the ones who are going to be bitter.

Continue to see the world through your own way in which you think it should work and grow into a bitter old man.

Can one person tell me how many road drivers are currently laid off from their road bids because of contractors?

No one knows, do they?

Huh? I love my job, I make more Monet than I ever thought I would, I get along with my tm and the other supervisors, I get along with the ba and the local union president, I am personally not affected by the contractors.

But I am tired of seeing coworkers get shafted by a company that goes out of there way to push peoples buttons and I am tired of a union that negoitiated a substandard contract and won't even enforce that. That is what I am standing up for.

I am not bitter, I am loving life, the people who are going to be bitter are the ones who support one side no matter what and once they find out there wrong there the ones who are going to be bitter.

So you get along with those you are tired of seeing shafting your co-workers? Sounds like you are a classic fence sitter.

No one made you sign a card. No one forced you to join the Union. you are in Florida, (a right to free load state), why don't you drop out?

Why haven't you filed a ULP against the company and the Union for failure to to represent and unfair labor practices? You aren't that tired? Are you? You are tired enough to complain, but not willing to do what it takes to get the action you want done. File a ULP against the Union, put your name on it.

Say there Teamster,were you addressing me or Overnite?
Cuzz I may be old,but I'm far from being bitter,as I did like working my city job for the 20 years I was with Overnite.
Although it was much harder working for UPS.
When I got to the age and years I needed to retire I did.
I don't miss finger printing freight most of the day,house, mall,and warehouse deliveries.
However I do miss my co-workers and some of the customers on my daily route.

But hay I got this here trucking message board to keep in touch with the LTL industry.

With the belly aching I have been reading here,I am sorry your contract is not working out for you.

The thing is the Union doesn't have the strength in numbers, they used to back in the days when I was a Teamster,which was from 1966 to 1986.
Before deregulation in the early 80's I think there was well over 3500 union LTL's and thats when the contracts were honored.

However sorry to say now days with so few Teamster LTL's left,the contracts don't have the clout they had back in the day.

So once again Teamster sir,if you were referring to me as being old and bitter I will admit I'm old,but bitter is not in my vocabulary.

AS far as being a laid off road driver put me down as 1 vote.What about drivers that are barely working or driving fewer miles because of s#$bs? Don't bother filing against the Union unless the majority of members join you.The NLRB has the opinion that as long as there is an ongoing negotiation they are doing what we pay them to do. Yes I did try. As far as joining the union. I fought to keep them out when they tried to organize overnite. Now I am paying them to keep my job.We voted the Union in because of the same thing that,s going on at FedEx. Getting fired for any reason they can find.

Say there Teamster,were you addressing me or Overnite?
Cuzz I may be old,but I'm far from being bitter,as I did like working my city job for the 20 years I was with Overnite.
Although it was much harder working for UPS.
When I got to the age and years I needed to retire I did.
I don't miss finger printing freight most of the day,house, mall,and warehouse deliveries.
However I do miss my co-workers and some of the customers on my daily route.

But hay I got this here trucking message board to keep in touch with the LTL industry.

With the belly aching I have been reading here,I am sorry your contract is not working out for you.

The thing is the Union doesn't have the strength in numbers, they used to back in the days when I was a Teamster,which was from 1966 to 1986.
Before deregulation in the early 80's I think there was well over 3500 union LTL's and thats when the contracts were honored.

However sorry to say now days with so few Teamster LTL's left,the contracts don't have the clout they had back in the day.

So once again Teamster sir,if you were referring to me as being old and bitter I will admit I'm old,but bitter is not in my vocabulary.

No, I was not referring to you.

We must change the things we can and accept the things we can't. If anyone has a problem with how the contract issue is being handled, do yourself a favor and get involved with the Sandy Pope campaign for General president of 'OUR' union!

No, I was not referring to you.

We must change the things we can and accept the things we can't. If anyone has a problem with how the contract issue is being handled, do yourself a favor and get involved with the Sandy Pope campaign for General president of 'OUR' union!
Amen Brother!!!!!!

food for thought,my friends.
Just think,how many of you my former co-workers, think Overnite/Motor Cargo would still be operating in the LTL industry today, if UPS hadn't stepped in an bought them out?

If most of you think like me,well hay than contractors would be non-issue, because,we would have all had to find work elsewhere a while ago.

Apo I can sure appreciate your time and wealth of knowledge that you bring to the table. However, I feel positive that Overnite would be alive and doing fine had we not been bought by the "Enterprise". Smaller companies are doing just fine (Benton, Saia, Cooper and on and on) we may look a little different, but we would still be here and I gaurantee that this would be a much better place to work than it currently is. Times are slow and that's why it looks so bad, they hired all of these new employees expecting customers to fall at their feet wanting to ship with us and it didn't happen. So now we have a bunch of people ( all classifications just sitting around). I've been on the road almost 20 years and back running a 150 mile mini hub run that I was on 18 years ago. I would love to know the actual % of contractors to our dispatched line haul runs, anybody? I'll bet you that it's no where near the NMFA. Just sayin'. Decert could be the way, our union does very few things right, example 1 driver at our barn has a gauranteed run,(we have 8 schedules and 3 extra boards) that would be the #1 driver who also happens to be a steward. If his run is cut he can bump anyone whether they hold a bid or not. Local agreement reached by the manager , local prez and him. How convenient!!!!:LMAO: