Estes | Anyone hearing anything?

i have been hearing from multiple sources that you guys are losing home depot..seems hd is changing the way they are doing their operations much like the way lowes does theirs...hope it not true since your not the only ltl carrier thats deals with hd anybody hear anything like this?

We had a visit from the big man himself (JJ) about a month and a half ago, he was there to respond to a letter someone wrote with some gripes and the mention of the U word. He explained about the cuts and all the changes that had to be made due to the economy and the fact that this was the first time in the history of the company that they weren't making money, although they weren't loosing any either.
He then went on to address the U word subject and said he couldn't understand why someone would come to work everyday if they were miserable and didn't like working for the company. We lost a driver (5 years), and a dispatcher who was with the terminal since it opened 11 years ago, although in a different position, weeks prior to him being here. Since then we've lost 3 drivers, 1 with 2 years and 2 were new hires, and rumor has it we're loosing our OPs manager at the end of this week, he stayed on to cover while the TM was on vacation.
The only complaint I have is the waiting on parts to get the tractors fixed.We've been having a lot of breakdowns recently and it takes 3-4 days to get the parts from the other terminals. We had a city driver peddling in a sleeper twice in the last week.

But the problem is the cuts that needed to be made are no longer due to the economy. It is because they make poor decisions company wide that screws themselves, the drivers, and most importantly the customers. All one needs to do is put their koolaid down and open up the eyes. But this isn't a rant thread. So thanks for the good information guys. Anyone hear anything about a western nebraska terminal. I heard a rumor.

We had a big management meeting the other day. They've been posting new runs and hiring. Don't know what's up but something is. I don't think they are losing any sleep over H. depot. They let them go in the past. Spending $300 to make $200 is probably getting old. They did mention they let too many drivers go and it cost them more money then they saved and they won't make that mistake again.

Tell what. All I heard about nebraska was that they were looking for a terminal out in western nebraska to eliminate brokers, but that is all I heard.

As far as my ranting, well that is hardly gossip.

Looking at the web site they're hiring linehaul in at least 50 terminals. That's 1 out of every 4 yards. P+D, Teams, and Utility too.

[quote author=BuzzBeez link=topic=81849.msg845377#msg845377 date=1278794775]
Looking at the web site they're hiring linehaul in at least 50 terminals. That's 1 out of every 4 yards. P+D, Teams, and Utility too.
[/quote]
Some terminals been hiring that hasn't been on the website also.

Nothing at all is going on over here. Our freight is just not very heavy and they have put a hold on hiring anyone new. No talk of runs, no talk of change. Hell there is no talk period. All I see is P&D not even getting 40 hours and linehaul lanes shipping 15,000 lbs or less gross weight. Ready for something to happen here, but nothing.

baltimore is slammed,and that was b4 capitol heights barn closed now dont know how were goona handle it 60 p&ds?just hired a month ago and already have 4 guys under me.looks good here :thumbsup:

Hey guys....FrkyBgStok I asked the TM about Western Nebraska and he is going to try to find out more info I will keep ya posted...freightgod54 Lakewood terminal is open an taking freight if you need a phone # and contact info I will get it for you and email ya and as for HD...oh the Orange and White... disturbed1 the reason I understand that they moved into the 80 door Lakewood terminal was to handle more HD freight through there and I haven't seen a drop in the two I do everyday on my run. Keeper safe guys and God bless.

Heard we are getting a double pay increase this year. They lost sleep for stiffing us last year. They are going to make up for it this year. :dance:

lol...I don't think anyone is tossing and turning over not giving the raise. I heard instead of double increase...they are going to make us work longer hours for less pay. :dance:

[quote author=disturbed1 link=topic=81849.msg845240#msg845240 date=1278774240]
i have been hearing from multiple sources that you guys are losing home depot..seems hd is changing the way they are doing their operations much like the way lowes does theirs...hope it not true since your not the only ltl carrier thats deals with hd anybody hear anything like this?

They opened a new RDC in Ohio last year. We get about 3 trailers a day going into there. Its a lot of the same freight that we used to take directly to the stores. The store I usually deliver to told me yesterday that NEMF called them and wanted to know our delivery appointment time and procedures because they were going to be hauling all the freight that we are currently delivering to the stores. Anyone else here anything about this?