ODFL | Anyone in the detroit area?

MOOSE KNUCKLE

TB Lurker
Credits
Any drivers in the Detroit area know if their terminal is looking for drivers? I applied back when I had zero experience and they called me but couldnt land the job. I know have 7 months OTR driving all over the country and really want to get into LTL.

Are LTL companies hurting for drivers like other companies? Just curious on what my odds are of being hired with only 7 months currently.

Are LTL companies hurting for drivers like other companies? Just curious on what my odds are of being hired with only 7 months currently.
I’m not how much experience would be needed, but you need to have everything in order. All the proper endorsements on your license. Double/Triples, Tanker, Hazmat and such. If you are wanting in, the best way is to be prepared. Also I have seen guys hired with minimal experience and go onto a trainers truck to learn and experience more of the LTL way of life. Driving for Swift and a LTL company are at opposite ends of the street.

Im fully endorsed, ive ran tanker loads and hazmat, just no doubles and tripples. Been out west, east, north and south. Big mountains, small mountains, tight spots, numerous cities including NJ.

Ill do class b, class a, or line haul. Looking for something more active using my endorsements more. I also use to load/unload LTL p&d trailers at warehouse jobs.

With 7 Months you over qualified to work here already. Don’t sweat it and welcome aboard
From what I have seen, I agree. Hey is that the priority driver that parks his pickup where the tractor line is over by the exit. I saw it the other day.