Central Transport | Anyone know where the employee handbook is on Vitran's website?

ogrw

TB Lurker
Credits
I have asked for the employee handbook at work, and I have been told it is all done online now. I can't find it anywhere on Vitran's website. Anyone else know where it is? If you do can you post the link please, thanks.

Today they explained to me that it is only available online through work, so I can't access it at home on my computer.

I wanted to know because I never got another raise after 2yrs. I did get a raise after year 1. The way it has been explained to me is that the company froze all part time employees wages.
I guess the $00.46 raise after the 1st year was as generous as they are going to get.
Just another slap in the face.

vitran can not afford to give ANYONE a raise. look at the junk trailers vitran has. as long as they can find people to work cheap they will not give out raises

I have found out that due to constant re-writes the handbook is always invalid. They seem to change what's in there to fit their needs when it suits the managements whims.

As far as the raise issue, I doubt we will be getting one anytime soon as there is always some excuse. Yet Vitran seems to be buying new trucking companies every quarter.

vitran can not afford to give ANYONE a raise. look at the junk trailers vitran has. as long as they can find people to work cheap they will not give out raises

Thats exactly right, I'm just gonna ride it out, I only have a couple months left.