Anyone work for Kens Trucking out of Florida?The feds just shut them down.

well having some crashes didn't help'em.......

good luck to the driver's finding work.

Ha ,maybe YRC will be the next one with all the old junk trucks on the road ??? Feds really do need to step in & shut down alot of these cheapo broke companies that won't buy new trucks !!!

Ha ,maybe YRC will be the next one with all the old junk trucks on the road ??? Feds really do need to step in & shut down alot of these cheapo broke companies that won't buy new trucks !!!

i disagree with you that companies need to buy new trucks...

who made that a law..???

you..??

i can assure you that i, (and perhaps many other here), have worked for companies, that to this day, still have old trucks on the road.

BUT, of those companies, they are as well cared for as possible and can pass a DOT inspection, and run better than some of the computerized "new" trucks of today....

if YOU ever experienced a breakdown or CONSTANT electrical problems in a "new" truck, then you'd die for an older truck (at least one that is well maintained)..

the company in this thread that is shut down, had it's problems, but the problems, if you read the report correctly, as i just did again myself...

3 of the charges were about drivers..

1 was for truck maintenance................

so just by THAT...i'd go with they do not know how to maintain good drivers and records, so it would seem like a problem with the safety/HR depts

for the truck maintenance, the shop would be responsible for maintaining them, then as well as safety IF it was reported to the safety dept...or was that kept secret...????

You my friend probably should find you a new job, no one likes what has happened, but to just beat on it every day has to be a miserable Way to live your life!! Trust me I am not happy with the things that have happened but it's just crazy to beat it to death every day!! I would move on to a better place Before I wouldn't live with all that anger!!! Not worth it man

Last edited by a moderator:

You my friend probably should find you a new job, no one likes what has happened, but to just beat on it every day has to be a miserable Way to live your life!! Trust me I am not happy with the things that have happened but it's just crazy to beat it to death every day!! I would move on to a better place Before I would live with all that anger!!! Not worth it man

our "friend" above, simply does not know the cost savings of keeping old equipment, that has been paid for at least a zillion times, and actually EARNS money each time it just starts up.

as long as the frame is in good condition, everything (or nearly everything) can be repaired, rebuilt, or replaced, and still be far cheaper than a monthly payment on brand new.

oh sure, brand new is nice, and comes with a full factory warranty, but doesn't it make more sense to keep older stuff properly maintained and on the roads, EARNING money daily, over paying it out..??

at an LTL i had worked for, this is what they do for city AND line haul trucks.

if a truck is in need or repairs, they had a stock of used, rebuilt, or new parts available at the main garage down in Joisey....

if ever a new truck needs repairs, and under warranty....take it to the dealer....and try like all hell to get it back that same month....or week for that matter.

i know what i speak of, happened to me more than once.

older trucks...??

usually back on the road either in a day or two, or by the end of the week.

oh and as far as that frame being in good condition....???

believe me, i had seen a former employer, section out a frame to rebuild another older truck.

when the truck that had the frame sectioned out for another..??

when the mechanics were done "cannibalizing it", it finally went to scrap, where the company still made "some" money on scraping it....

Good. The FMCSA needs to start combing the US for these bad seeds.
Bad business practices in operating a trucking company is critical for the safety of everyone.

Nothing wrong with old equipment as long as they are maintained,on a regular basis.
Wy I had a 1987 Volvo line haul hand me down for my daily city route.
That was a great day cab,I was assigned to about 5 years before I retired & was still in service when I left.

It had one & a half million miles on it before,it was taken out of service for line haul & I got it.
I had no problem floating the gears,& really even liked it more than the newer tractors I had to use when my Volvo was being serviced by our vender.
My terminal was to small to have a shop,so we had to send our equipment out for service.

So there you go,most equipment can have a very long life if it is taken care of.

Probably another one of the HUNDRED's of FLY BY NITE outfits, that only look at $$$$ rather than safety...

Nothing wrong with old equipment as long as they are maintained,on a regular basis.
Wy I had a 1987 Volvo line haul hand me down for my daily city route.
That was a great day cab,I was assigned to about 5 years before I retired & was still in service when I left.

It had one & a half million miles on it before,it was taken out of service for line haul & I got it.
I had no problem floating the gears,& really even liked it more than the newer tractors I had to use when my Volvo was being serviced by our vender.
My terminal was to small to have a shop,so we had to send our equipment out for service.

So there you go,most equipment can have a very long life if it is taken care of.

that's right....and why i said what i had said.

how many times has either one of us (and the others here), seen OLDER trucks, like cab overs, and very old Pete's and K-Whoppers, Freightshakers, Fords, Whites, Marmon's, etc..etc...??

if they are maintained..they run and run....

as noted in my previous posting, 3 items that hurt that company were DRIVER related, and ONLY ONE item for truck maintenance....

people really need to read the article...