Anything is better then what we have !

Riteway

TB Lurker
Credits
:regretful: You just don't get it !! This is what it's all about , No overtime we get !!! 65 /70 hours a week working ! And the medical is out of control ... And also never make us take a load that is not safe ... Is that so much to ask for ? So stop with all the BS about ABF and YRC ...The NCT drivers are asking for the basic things a good job should give them .. At this point of the game NCT has let them down .. So i would say the management team F up .. You should be talking to them about fixing these problems not putting the Union down ! Send a letter to M O and T G and J S maybe they could help save the company .. :flame:

Let's no forget our current mgmt team worked for roadway yellow and spent many years with those companies and made tons of money .just saying

As a newer driver, I don't think I can agree with that statement. Before I came here, local jobs were hard to find that paid as well as NCT does. Don't get me wrong, I would love to make more, but it is better than what is out there. I started working nights, which sucked, but I am now starting early afternoon, which I could not find before here. We do pay a little more for benefits, but I would guess Obama Care as driven that up a bit. Just speculating, as I don't know as much about the insurance side as I should. Also, As I read these threads, it seems no one is grateful for what they have, grass is not always greener as they say. I spoke to a driver who left NCT for another place and was back a week later. I thought unions were all about representation? I don't see a sing thread that we are being treated unfairly, just seems to be about money. If that was the case, why dosent anyone leave NCT? Iit seems like there are a lot of drivers who have been here for 7+ years, why have they not gone to a "better" job? is it there is none out there? As of 6 months ago, there wasn't, just so you know.

I read where a lot of people post in here who do not work at NCT, how can I make a fair choice for myself and my family if someone who don't work here is giving advise on how my job should be.

How long should a employee wait for a raise? 10 years? 15?
Knobody is saying the grass is greener but we also took a 5% paycut and havnt gotten
That back!
Looking to get compensated for time and hard work doesn't that count for something

Lets think this through,,,I came from a union carrier and I worked 40 hrs a week PERIOD they always kept us under the 40, if you were over there was hell to pay,,,,, so can you live on 40 hrs a week at our currant dollars per hour ? Can you?? Because there will not be any overtime period.
Stops and miles drivers,,,,, will you still be stops & miles or switched to hourly held to 40 hrs a week. Nothing will be the same your right we will have to start from ground zero with NOTHING !!!

YOU all need to think long and hard about this. My mind is made up after reading and watching the YRC teamsters pretty much vote to shut down and go out of business. I need to feed my family I suggest you do the same.

can they change the local/regional boundary? My good friend worked for Atkins when they were around, he told me anything over 45 air miles from the terminal was stops and miles, will something like that go in effect?

we all know there is no such thing as an 8 hour day at NCT. go back and read my previous post about this darksky and you'll understand the theory.

quagmire, I was a nct employee and all they seem to do is take,take,and take from the employees to benefit the corporation. Many promises have been broken. It all started with the 5% takeback and year after year since that time they raise their rates to earn larger and larger profits off the sweat of your back. They are very adamant when they say " you'll NEVER see that 5% back let alone a cost of living increase. The union will recoup all that was lost and then some with a contract. If you really want to understand what the union can do for you and your family refer back to my previous posts regarding those figures. You'll be amazed at how much money you have lost and what you're really worth.

we all know there is no such thing as an 8 hour day at NCT. go back and read my previous post about this darksky and you'll understand the theory.

Ask the NEMF drivers and let me know how many overtime hours they get a week. It will be 8 & skate and I can't live on that how about you other drivers can you ?

darksky, NEMF is not a member of the Teamsters Master Freight Agreement, therefore you cannot compare what they have to what is being offered to New Century. You keep insisting that you will be reduced to a 40 hour work week with no overtime. If you are a driver at New Century like you claim you are, then you know that a 40 hour work week is non-existent there. The scope of their business in proximity to Westampton makes it virtually impossible for them to limit each driver to an 8 hour day. Half of your day is spent driving to and from the terminal ( 4 hours ), which leaves you less than 4 hours to actually deliver and pick up freight. Remember you get a lunch break, 2 coffee breaks, and a mandated 30 minute break by the DOT which should be logged daily.Unless your one of those drivers that doesn't use those breaks. NEMF has terminals placed in such a way that they can cover all their customers within close proximity to each terminal. New Century does not have that ability other than the pocket drivers, which are far and few between. You can't compare apples to oranges and get the same result.

A person that needs to work more then 40 hours a week .. And you want to , good for you and thats your right ... but someday if a family member should become sick or if your child needs you home . What happens if 65 /70 is to much ??? you may need to pay someone to help with this ..or would you just work the 40 a week ? My point is, are you worth more money after 40 hours a week ? and then your family is not also . We all want to work !!! We what to be treated fair and get ahead in this world .. Yes !! The middle class will be gone soon ... Vote the Union down and see ... For the Management knows !!! you make over 100 thousand a year people change ...get 400 thousand and see how people really change .. the driver just wants a piece of the pie ..:usa:

As a newer driver, I don't think I can agree with that statement. Before I came here, local jobs were hard to find that paid as well as NCT does. Don't get me wrong, I would love to make more, but it is better than what is out there. I started working nights, which sucked, but I am now starting early afternoon, which I could not find before here. We do pay a little more for benefits, but I would guess Obama Care as driven that up a bit. Just speculating, as I don't know as much about the insurance side as I should. Also, As I read these threads, it seems no one is grateful for what they have, grass is not always greener as they say. I spoke to a driver who left NCT for another place and was back a week later. I thought unions were all about representation? I don't see a sing thread that we are being treated unfairly, just seems to be about money. If that was the case, why dosent anyone leave NCT? Iit seems like there are a lot of drivers who have been here for 7+ years, why have they not gone to a "better" job? is it there is none out there? As of 6 months ago, there wasn't, just so you know.

I read where a lot of people post in here who do not work at NCT, how can I make a fair choice for myself and my family if someone who don't work here is giving advise on how my job should be.

You hit the nail on the head quite nicely my friend. Good point. We forget that it's not always about how much we can squeeze out of a company.

A person that needs to work more then 40 hours a week .. And you want to , good for you and thats your right ... but someday if a family member should become sick or if your child needs you home . What happens if 65 /70 is to much ??? you may need to pay someone to help with this ..or would you just work the 40 a week ? My point is, are you worth more money after 40 hours a week ? and then your family is not also . We all want to work !!! We what to be treated fair and get ahead in this world .. Yes !! The middle class will be gone soon ... Vote the Union down and see ... For the Management knows !!! you make over 100 thousand a year people change ...get 400 thousand and see how people really change .. the driver just wants a piece of the pie ..:usa:

I'm little bit confused, so would the union limit us to working a maximum amount of hours?

"My point is, are you worth more money after 40 hours a week ? and then your family is not also." I'm not sure what you're trying to say, re-explain?

I'd suggest you'd not try using scare tactic by saying that the middle class won't exist without Unions... I mean really? The driver wants the money he works for. Promising him the moon isn't going to work.