SAIA | Anzianita

You, just like the rest of us, are just a number. We are all replacable. You can make this out like it's a chess game all you want but if they are pushing you on something they will have everything they need to back it up.

Since you are being vague about what is going on I am just going to take a wild guess and say they are pushing you on some productivity metric. Good luck being calculating on that. They have all the data and numbers they need to prove their case if push comes to shove.

Whatever it is just push on umtil they offer you a package or push you out the door. Claim uneployment then retire like you keep metnioning.

You, just like the rest of us, are just a number. We are all replacable. You can make this out like it's a chess game all you want but if they are pushing you on something they will have everything they need to back it up.

Since you are being vague about what is going on I am just going to take a wild guess and say they are pushing you on some productivity metric. Good luck being calculating on that. They have all the data and numbers they need to prove their case if push comes to shove.

Whatever it is just push on umtil they offer you a package or push you out the door. Claim uneployment then retire like you keep metnioning.
Let me be clear about something. I like this job but I just wish communication was a bit better. I won't be specific because it would serve no constructive purpose. I know my place at this company. No one is indispensable. I take nothing for granted. I work with a great group of guys. But as with anything in life. Nothing is perfect.

Train makes a very valid point and hits the nail right on the head. No employee, I don't care who they are, from Rick O. to the newest sick person in Houston or wherever...is irreplaceable. Basically your replacement is one phone call away. In spite of everything else, you're just a number. Company pays you to do your job...either do it or you're gone. Simple as that.

Train makes a very valid point and hits the nail right on the head. No employee, I don't care who they are, from Rick O. to the newest sick person in Houston or wherever...is irreplaceable. Basically your replacement is one phone call away. In spite of everything else, you're just a number. Company pays you to do your job...either do it or you're gone. Simple as that.
It truly is as simply as that. It's not personal. It's business. I think companies will work with you when possible. But if at any point you become a liability your history. Even with the driver shortage we have today it's either do your job or kiss it good bye. And that's the way it should be.

:6788:
I wish supervisors would just shoot straight and eliminate the game playing. I'm very aware of the technology they have and how it works. If they have something on their minds then just get with the TM and let's sit down to a face to face. Do they really think I'm stupid enough to open myself to attack? Every move I make is calulated and I have an answer for it. We have a new guy in HR and I would be glad to discuss a few things on my mind. I'm not as stupid as I appear and act. I'm not as quiet as I appear either. Maybe it's time I open up a bit and set some of my humility aside. I don't have a lot to lose at my age. On the other hand, they may want to think long and hard before they go down a road that has no winners.

Let me be clear about something. I like this job but I just wish communication was a bit better. I won't be specific because it would serve no constructive purpose. I know my place at this company. No one is indispensable. I take nothing for granted. I work with a great group of guys. But as with anything in life. Nothing is perfect.

A couple of years around here will give you a different perspective..... :6788:

:6788:

A couple of years around here will give you a different perspective..... :6788:
I will be retired in a couple of years. Let me say that tenure has very little to do with attitude. I listen to guys that have 20 plus years in at SAIA that love it. Others with the same amount of years that hate it. I have often said that this is just my job. It's not my life. If your a miserable person inside then your job is not the problem. Just sayin'

Last edited:
Pretty close. I tell the guys you need some whiskers to get those early start times. You must pay your dues. The problem is many guys concern themselves with what the other guys are getting. Guys in which they have more seniority but yet those guys still get an earlier start time. Start times are not based off seniority. They are based off productivity. I could care less what the next guy does. I just do my job and mind my own business.
That's where you sir are wrong! Nothing is being done by productivity! It's all being done by seniority! !!!!!!!!! That's what I keep telling you. Things aren't all they seem to be at this place anymore! White supervisor who keeps bullying a young black man! I see some drivers who suck the terminal managers ass to get more work and better hours! It's happening all the time and more often than you think!

That's where you sir are wrong! Nothing is being done by productivity! It's all being done by seniority! !!!!!!!!! That's what I keep telling you. Things aren't all they seem to be at this place anymore! White supervisor who keeps bullying a young black man! I see some drivers who suck the terminal managers ass to get more work and better hours! It's happening all the time and more often than you think!

In my experience with the company, you are correct in regards to routes and start times. They do go by who is the favorite of the TM and who can kiss butt the most.

As far as the bullying goes, that is an entirely different animal that requires A LOT of backup and proof before you can do anything about it. Start keeping a journal. I kept one constantly for YEARS. That way you have a leg to stand on when things escalate. Have witnesses and substantial proof. The burden will be on you.

In my experience with the company, you are correct in regards to routes and start times. They do go by who is the favorite of the TM and who can kiss butt the most.

As far as the bullying goes, that is an entirely different animal that requires A LOT of backup and proof before you can do anything about it. Start keeping a journal. I kept one constantly for YEARS. That way you have a leg to stand on when things escalate. Have witnesses and substantial proof. The burden will be on you.
Yeah, and you might want to start recording conversations as well like some others that I know and play them to HR. Buck why do you want to play into this ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ? He obviously hates whites. And is just looking for sympathy. When he played the race card I knew right then he was full of ::shit::.

Not playing into anything. But, racism isn't a joke, and if he/she wants to pursue it, it is an uphill battle wrought with a lot of grief. In this industry and this economy, my advice would be to move to greener pastures.

Not playing into anything. But, racism isn't a joke, and if he/she wants to pursue it, it is an uphill battle wrought with a lot of grief. In this industry and this economy, my advice would be to move to greener pastures.
Not at saia it's not I seen a 22 year white man get fired on the spot for flipping a black dude a bird across the drivers room he was fired and rightly so

O I have been keeping journals and notes for years! I like how some can get overtime and yet some can't get 40 ! Funny how that works

Not at saia it's not I seen a 22 year white man get fired on the spot for flipping a black dude a bird across the drivers room he was fired and rightly so
Well, I notice Coal got banned. Had he not played the race card he might have lasted. Now maybe it's just a temporary ban and he will be back. Hopefully he will learn that this is not about race. Some of my best friends are black and run circles around me.

Hello guys, I've been watching all of this back and fourth, but finally decided to join in. I have been at Saia 10+ years, I have been in the union (bad experience), if I wanted to stay I would have. That said, I work in the Saia North, for you guys down south, it's a whole different company. We wish things ran the same up here as they do down there, but that's not reality. I saw the comments of Union, union, union, I don't think that's the answer. I have also seen 2 of you attack someone very aggressively because of the constant rants. I get being annoyed and upset, but if you really want to defend our company, maybe go about it in a different way, or not feed into it. We have a lot of hard working people throughout this company, but there is a division, the south runs as Saia claims on videos, newsletters and what not, in the north there isn't a sense of belonging. Territories are spread out (much like Texas), small terminals are strained with cuts of manpower so large and breaks use as much as they want, hence the small terminals are used to make up numbers the big ones fail at, while service at the small ones suffer. Heaven forbid you are an end line terminal, Central will get you your freight when they feel like it. There isn't any recognition for a job well done, you get recognized when doing something wrong. When I see videos of how Saia is a "family", it makes me wish I could be a part of that family. People want to compare us to OD, guess what, we aren't even close. OD put resources into areas that maybe weren't the biggest cities, but logistically made sense for freight movement, guess what, they acquired enough freight to support those facilities. They think outside the box, all while going back to the basics of freight loading and expediting, they concentrate on doing it right, not just packing stacking and rolling. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, and Saia has been one of the best LTL jobs I've had. I just wish if they were going to talk the talk, they would walk the walk nationwide. This is just my opinion and observations, I am not looking for a battle, just giving my input from north of the Mason Dixon.

Hello guys, I've been watching all of this back and fourth, but finally decided to join in. I have been at Saia 10+ years, I have been in the union (bad experience), if I wanted to stay I would have. That said, I work in the Saia North, for you guys down south, it's a whole different company. We wish things ran the same up here as they do down there, but that's not reality. I saw the comments of Union, union, union, I don't think that's the answer. I have also seen 2 of you attack someone very aggressively because of the constant rants. I get being annoyed and upset, but if you really want to defend our company, maybe go about it in a different way, or not feed into it. We have a lot of hard working people throughout this company, but there is a division, the south runs as Saia claims on videos, newsletters and what not, in the north there isn't a sense of belonging. Territories are spread out (much like Texas), small terminals are strained with cuts of manpower so large and breaks use as much as they want, hence the small terminals are used to make up numbers the big ones fail at, while service at the small ones suffer. Heaven forbid you are an end line terminal, Central will get you your freight when they feel like it. There isn't any recognition for a job well done, you get recognized when doing something wrong. When I see videos of how Saia is a "family", it makes me wish I could be a part of that family. People want to compare us to OD, guess what, we aren't even close. OD put resources into areas that maybe weren't the biggest cities, but logistically made sense for freight movement, guess what, they acquired enough freight to support those facilities. They think outside the box, all while going back to the basics of freight loading and expediting, they concentrate on doing it right, not just packing stacking and rolling. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, and Saia has been one of the best LTL jobs I've had. I just wish if they were going to talk the talk, they would walk the walk nationwide. This is just my opinion and observations, I am not looking for a battle, just giving my input from north of the Mason Dixon.
Wow man I had no idea it was that different up there maybe the right people will see this and perhaps have some kind of change of heart . If the north side of this company was as strong as the south and west man what a power house saia would be

Wow man I had no idea it was that different up there maybe the right people will see this and perhaps have some kind of change of heart . If the north side of this company was as strong as the south and west man what a power house saia would be

The people in the north have one hell of a work ethic too, from extreme heat and humidity, to sub zero temps, rain, sleet, snow (ice does slow us down), go through it all to get the job done. There is so much potential for growth that would lead to the east coast. Just an untapped resource that could, and would help to make Saia a force to be reckoned with. My thoughts.

The people in the north have one hell of a work ethic too, from extreme heat and humidity, to sub zero temps, rain, sleet, snow (ice does slow us down), go through it all to get the job done. There is so much potential for growth that would lead to the east coast. Just an untapped resource that could, and would help to make Saia a force to be reckoned with. My thoughts.
I think in time corporate will find a way. At least that's my hope.

Just hold on if possible. Have faith that your concerns will not fall on deaf hears. It just take time.