apllied at Dayton

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by flat top, Feb 4, 2014.

1. flat top

flat top Active Member

I applied at Dayton and they sent me the Hogan Assessment test. Just wondering if they sent that to all applicants or only if their interested? Also I was wondering if their city drivers work much overtime, or do they tend to hire more than they need and keep people around 8 hours?

2. Freight Fool

Freight Fool They Call Me Extra

Everyone gets the "Hogan". As far as hours go, I work around 44 to 48 hours average. If you want more and show them you are reliable (don't take 2 hours to complete a 1 hour switch) they will usually ask you when they have extra work.

3. flat top

flat top Active Member

Thank you for your comments. I have an interview scheduled for tomorrow. I hope it goes well, I`v heard sometimes they like to hire people part time to start out with ,but that wont really work for me. From what I`ve heard from most of the drivers they are pretty happy to be working at Dayton .And just from coming on this board it seems like people are generally happy. I know alot of people on here don`t like to comment about money, but just wondering if I could get a general idea of what a city guy could make a year once a person is up to top scale? Thanks in advance.

4. Screamy

Screamy Member

Whats the Hogan assessment test? Is it where they ask you a bunch of questions that dont have jack squat to do with the job?

5. flat top

flat top Active Member

Yes that would be it.

6. FLYINGBY

FLYINGBY Member

Ive noticed you do get alot of response on here, thats cause they are busy, which is a good thing I guess, but just try to run into a Dayton driver sometime to ask him or her.

7. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

Most service centers have in the past posted notices to employees concerning the mention of Dayton Freight Lines on any 'social media' site, discussion board, chat room, facebook, etc., etc.