Apology to all Wilson employees!

trojanman1113

TB Lurker
Credits
I recently posted a message to Ultra Leadfoot that was out of line. It was meant as a joke and may have been taken out of context. I have nothing but the highest respect for him. He is great to work for and is fair and just. I apologized to him and assured him it will not happen again. Thanks to those of you who let me know I was out of line. Point well taken. Truly, Trojanman

Apology to all Wilson employees

Trojanman,you are a real man.I wish a lot of people would apologize for things that was said or things that were done.This world would be a better place.I salute you.:1036316054:

M141~Everything-Will-Be-OK-Unknown-Posters.jpg

:smilie_132:

Apology from Trojanman

Gentlemen,

When Pat said that he was joking about the posting, he is being honest.

A couple of years ago, I went to Florida to attend the state Truck Driving Championships, and at that time, Pat had made it known that he would like to go on the road.

I had advised Pat, if he did well in the competition, then we would put him on the road. Needless to say he did not win, and I acted as if I was calling Fish on the cell phone to tell Ann to cancel the road tractor assignment, that Pat would not be going on the road.

Over the years I have held this over him, and have gotten several miles out of it. But this year he did win the Florida Truck Driving Championships in the 5-axle Van class, and went onto Houston to represent the company.

So yall don't have to take chains and whips to South Florida, and drag him back up I-95. LOL. This time anyway.

Thanks

Aint Life A *****

I want my apology in person, tommorrow night i will be waiting at the terminal. ROFLMAO:hysterical: this whole truck lettering thing is funny. leadfoot now i got something that i can get a few miles out of on Pat lol. I did notice though that some guys here flamed him but are no better themselves, not all but def a few. give the man a break its his first time posting and everyone ganged up on him:hide::chairshot:, not fair. i got your back pat just remember i still want my apology in person.:1036316054:

I want my apology in person, tommorrow night i will be waiting at the terminal. ROFLMAO:hysterical: this whole truck lettering thing is funny. leadfoot now i got something that i can get a few miles out of on Pat lol. I did notice though that some guys here flamed him but are no better themselves, not all but def a few. give the man a break its his first time posting and everyone ganged up on him:hide::chairshot:, not fair. i got your back pat just remember i still want my apology in person.:1036316054:

Nice hug, hand shake and a free lunch.

I want my apology in person, tommorrow night i will be waiting at the terminal. ROFLMAO this whole truck lettering thing is funny. leadfoot now i got something that i can get a few miles out of on Pat lol. I did notice though that some guys here flamed him but are no better themselves, not all but def a few. give the man a break its his first time posting and everyone ganged up on him, not fair. i got your back pat just remember i still want my apology in person.:1036316054:

I guess it could be perceived as flaming regarding some of the comments thrown at trojanman,thats debatable.However,most people on here didnt know trojanman or his intentions.We have an open dialogue with people in key positions within the company on here and alot of us would hate to have that erased by "flaming",as you put it,to anyone.

We have a good thing going here and would hate to run anyone off,regardless of their level within the company.

At first glance,maybe some of the "flamers" you spoke of thought they were responding to a flamer.

Oh well,it was all a misunderstanding....I guess it would be wise to use the :hysterical: or the :biglaugh: icons when joking with someone...:1036316054:

The pot calling the kettle black

Just so we are straight here my friend, I will respond to this post.

1. Explain to me what seems so bad about his post.
Leadfoot Ultra? you gotta be kiddin'. If you can find the time and take a break form everyone kissin your butt, i' d like to know when i' m gettin my truck w/ letters on it. No, not the grand champ, the other one who you think belongs in the city!
Do you know ultra leadfoot like he does, probably not, or you would have got the joke.
Lets break it down shall we. The first 2 sentences he saids the guys screen name and makes a joke about it
Leadfoot Ultra? you gotta be kiddin'.
Last time i checked it wasn't against the law, forum rules, or for that matter company policy (as long as it is within reason and this is well within that boundary in my opinion) to poke fun at someones name regardless of their
key positions within the company
When i saw his screen name trojanman i laughed ( if you knew him, he is a good guy and a real family man, but you didn't) and made a joke to him in person and know one got hurt(the same night i waited for my apology) LOL.
Now the third sentence seems to be the so called problem, so lets really look at it shall we.
If you can find the time and take a break form everyone kissin your butt, i' d like to know when i' m gettin my truck w/ letters on it.
Now the second part of this sentence is pretty cut and dry, no worries there. He wanted something and asked for it(which by the way he earned with many a Saturday on his own time practicing for the truck rodeo). You yourself have asked for things also, internet, a clean van in valdosta. Which, by the way, i think you went the wrong way about that
If a terminal has a "drivers car" available,I dont see a problem.It would be alot cheaper than bobtailing.

Why were on the subject,the van in Valdosta looks like someone uses the inside of it for a garbage can.
I wouldnt have posted that publicly on this forum, because you make US all look bad. i.e. that Wilson drivers are pigs. I personally would have handled it thru the chain of command Privately not Publicly. The funny thing though from my understanding, the company policy is your truck must be cleaned and fueled Daily, regardless of the vehicle you drive and the position you hold within the company. This vehicle is provided as a cost effective (your words) courtesy to Road drivers to get around. You only have yourself and your fellow road drivers to blame you should have talked to them first. See how things can be miss interpreted. I'm sure you weren't trying to make the valdosta terminal look bad, but your comment sure didnt make them look better, for sure.
Now onto the first part of his sentence
If you can find the time and take a break form everyone kissin your butt
Was this quote so bad that it validated the "uproar" it got. Lets check back in with reality here, buddy. Everyone that has posted on this forum has a boss, even Mr. Wilson (Wife?). So everyone here, at one time or another, had to kiss some butt to get ahead, not get fired, or just keep their Boss happy, right? Lets keep in mind he said butt not the A word. I am not, nor will I ever be, a Linehaul driver, but im sure, that if it meant you had to kiss a little butt now and then, you may not be http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/wilson-trucking/41887-home-again.html.
SO, the final sentence
No, not the grand champ, the other one who you think belongs in the city!
Obviously this is meant to be a only him and UL know whats being said, which would lead me to believe that they knew each other better than just a driver and a linehaul coordinator. Therefore i cant justify your comment
At first glance,maybe some of the "flamers" you spoke of thought they were responding to a flamer.
So when you add this all up he made a polite joke about his name, he made a polite personal joke towards UL, and then personally informed him of who he is. The only thing i can see wrong is that maybe it shows that TM feels comfortable enough with his boss that he can say whats on his mind and not get in trouble for it. What the problem is?
2. I didnt know about this post till after the fact and Most apologies where made. I found out directly from guys i work with (and like most stories it was blown out of proportion). I was asked what he should do in regards to this post and i told him to do pretty much what he did. What the problem is?
Judging from his post,I don't think hes concerned with private messages.Lighten up trojanman.If you're in need of something,I don't think spreading dirty laundry in a public forum is a good avenue to take for your cause....
I think you should heed your own advice there, sir. The next time you have a comment about things like say, Valdostas Van.

3. I think the only two guys that got the joke where me and Big W-RD
TROJANMAN,, That is some funny stuff right there i don't care who you are!!!!! I have to say the name is original. Welcume to the Boards. Glad to have you. Oh, by the way, you can just call me, The Master Road Driver. BigW-RD
Him and BigBird go at it and its all in fun and it makes for good reading and commadry (hope thats spelled right lol).

4. Now as far as this comment from you
I guess it could be perceived as flaming regarding some of the comments thrown at trojanman,thats debatable.However,most people on here didnt know trojanman or his intentions.We have an open dialogue with people in key positions within the company on here and alot of us would hate to have that erased by "flaming",as you put it,to anyone.

I agree with you its debatable to an extent, what you said and what stinger said i think falls into that category (flaming)
littledebbie.jpg
what the others said was to follow a different approach
Pat, I am pretty sure if I was Leadfoot Ultra I would not give your post the courtesy of an answer. Why can't you just pick up the phone and call him?
I think it was pretty obvious that Pat knew UL, well enough to be able to make the post he did and understand it. And as far as his intentions Im sure UL can take care of himself and doesnt need a "big brother" looking out for him. Remember we ALL work for the same company, Wilson. You should have extended a hand of friendship to him first not a big stick.

5. This isnt my first rodeo my friend, I don't know about you but i think with 20 years of LTL experience in several companies, i would pick up on the small stuff.I know who easyrider and ultra leadfoot are and there positions in this company. I have even talked to Easyrider on a private message basis, as I like to do my own laundry so to speak. This isnt my first post, and i make very few as i only speak when i feel its necessary.
I dont think that the two guys i spoke of (UL and ER) and for that matter anyone else here (except for maybe trojanman) is going anywhere or needs your assisatance in sticking up for them( i like to call it kissing butt, but you call it what you want lol, snuck that one in). I agree with you for a second time that it is nice that there is an "open" line of communication with The higher ups and most importantly that when you express your concerns they actually do something about it, and like extemely fast, immpressive. But i really dont think that what has gone on here in the last few days, has severed any ties so to speak, and if anything has made us all I guess you can say stronger as a company.

6. you finally realize that it was a misunderstanding but it was a misunderstanding between TM,ER, and UL not you. I also like to point out that everyone has apolgized and publicly both the uppers and the drivers, except you and Stinger. Hmmm.... just remember i said it was his first post he didnt even know how to pm UL. Do you really think he knows whats an icon and how to put them in the post:duh: I do though.

So in closing let me say this. This response was only made to respond to your post and to set things straight. My previous post was done to poke fun at Pat ie TM and to lighten the mood. Hopefully pointing out to you and Stinger that you should
:hysterical:Lighten up...
and look both ways before crossing the street.:1036316054:

Better than a murder novel.
Main Entry: 2novel Function: noun Etymology: Italian novella Date: 1639 1 : an invented prose narrative that is usually long and complex and deals especially with human experience through a usually connected sequence of events

Better than a murder novel.
Main Entry: 2novel Function: noun Etymology: Italian novella Date: 1639 1 : an invented prose narrative that is usually long and complex and deals especially with human experience through a usually connected sequence of events

you missed your calling , you should have been a English teacher :hysterical::biglaugh:

I sure hope the report on the Novel isn't due until i get back off vaction. My umbrellas for my sweet tea may get in the way.BigW-Rd

that darn stinger always jumps the gun and flames . i think he needs to calm down!

Flamethrower.jpg

Stinger you need to be a teamplayer!!!!