ODFL | Application questions.

Arky

TB Lurker
Credits
1. I have only had one speeding ticket in my life, don't remember when but it was at least 3 or 4 years ago. They told me that if I paid directly to the city that it would not go on my record. Should I list this anyway?

2. Also, I have had a few warning tickets over time. Is there any reason at all to mention those? I wouldn't think so, but as I understand it, OD is really, really thorough with their background checks.

3. Here's the best one :)
My brother and I have a small distributing business and I was making the sales route in a 3/4 ton pickup pulling a gooseneck trailer loaded with farm implements (our product). Unknown to us, I was supposed to be carrying a log book and we were supposed to have DOT numbers on the truck since I was out of state. I was given warnings on everything but the log book (even though I had a motel receipt showing where I spent the night only 2 hours earlier). My question is, does this need to be mentioned on the application? This was in the first week of '06.

Thanks for the help,

Arky

how do I pull my mvr?

I asked a county sherriff once and he told me they weren't allowed to do that.

i don't know what state your in but in ohio you can go to your local bmv and they can pull it for you.ohio now has it online too.

pull your mvr

You can request it from your DMV in your state. They will send it to you, and you will pay for it. It's not much. If you have gotten car insurance lately you can bet your insurance agent pulled your mvr, ask him or her if they have recent copy of it. Warning citations don't go on your record, they are just warnings, not actual tickets. Or go online and check out your dmv's online resource section, maybe you can order it online?

Thanks for the help guys. I'll check into it, I know the folks that work in the dmv here :).

Thanks, Arky

I checked with the local DMV (they call it the revenue office here). I have 2 choices, one is $7 for 3 years, the second is $10 for a more detailed record going back for a longer period. Obviously I'll get the $10 record.

Thanks guys, I may be back asking more questions after I read this..lol.

Arky

not only that

They really want to make sure you are not a thief, or a terrorist (no joking matter of course) and that you are going to work hard for them. Dont worry about the license, they are also looking at the big picture as well.

At one point in my life I had racked up 3 tickets in a few month period. I had to list them on my application and I was hired. At the time of being hired you can have no more than 4 points. As it was said before they want to make sure your not a crook or have had a shady past.

Thanks for the help guys. It appears that at least for now it's not going to happen though. With the freight slow-down, the openings that I knew of quickly dried up. I'll have to go elsewhere, probably TL and wait it out to see if I can get in later on when the freight picks up.

Thanks everyone!

Arky

Apply anyway if you are serious. do not put a lot in some post saying ODs business is slow. Many things involved on that one.

do not put a lot in some post saying ODs business is slow.

No, I'm not getting that from the forum. I've talked to 3 different terminals in that last week. I live about the same distance from all of them...too far to commute daily to any, that's why I wanted to go directly to "system wild". The guy that was trying to help apparently misunderstood the process for getting into that position. He thought that they were needing system drivers as nobody wanted to be away from home all week. It would have worked out great for me though.

Anyway, I've chased it as far as I know how to chase it with OD. I'll just have to wait for a better time...or look for another company.

I do appreciate the help though and I'll still be trying to get on with OD, or some LTL carrier. I think it is much better work than OTR.

Thanks, Arky