ODFL | Applied at OD BUT...

dclod

TB Lurker
Credits
I have a question for u guys if u could help. I applied at OD in GBO as a linehaul driver. Everything was well until I got to the question about accidents. I had a rearend collision accident in a commercial vehicle and was fired from the job I had at the time, per company policy. I was not given a ticket and the accident does not show on my MVR. My question is what my chances are of getting the job. Any info would be great.:1036316054:

I have a question for u guys if u could help. I applied at OD in GBO as a linehaul driver. Everything was well until I got to the question about accidents. I had a rearend collision accident in a commercial vehicle and was fired from the job I had at the time, per company policy. I was not given a ticket and the accident does not show on my MVR. My question is what my chances are of getting the job. Any info would be great.:1036316054:

Did you talk to T.S. ?

Did yoT.S. ?
u talk to

I did talk to T.S. I then went downstairs and filled out the ap. with a lady and that is where the subject came up. I never thought to mention it to T.S. until I saw it on the ap. Also the accident was over 4 years ago and I have been driving for the same company every since then with no inccidents.

u talk to

I did talk to T.S. I then went downstairs and filled out the ap. with a lady and that is where the subject came up. I never thought to mention it to T.S. until I saw it on the ap. Also the accident was over 4 years ago and I have been driving for the same company every since then with no inccidents.

You have a p/m enroute.

What's with the all knocking of the city drivers lately? Too bad we all cant just drive back and forth from one place to the other each and every night. I'd kill to have a good 500-600 mile a night run and have the hardest thing be moving the dolly into place. It'd be a real kicker to see some of these L/H slobs unload some of this odd-ball freight we get from time to time.

What I dont get is why some L/H drivers have to gripe and moan about local guys wanting to operate newer equipment, doing this and that when they know darn well they have gravy compared to a city man. It takes twice as long to find a city man than it is to find a L/H driver to fill a position. The industry knows these positions are cake walks and any mojo can do it. Be nice to us city boys or we wont pick up your freight for the night.

While I'm also at it I take my hat off to any dock worker out there who bust his butt every night. The way some of the trailers come in from L/H driver's whipping it around the corner or rails being banged around it makes a peddle route of nothing but residential treadmills look easy.

that is right billy you tell them without us there is nothing for them to do.like who do they think they are management LOL

Don't put nothing down

if they don't hire you, plenty of other companies will. As long as you are a 'good' driver.

If u r a marginal driver, then go to work with Swift....:biglaugh:

Before anyone throws a hand truck at me I'm not suggesting all L/H boys are slobs either from my earlier post. In P & D we have a few characters as well. Is it me or does it seem like OD has lowered their standards to keep up with growth? We have guys with felonies working at our terminal now. I could've sworn that was a no-hire just a year or two ago. Old Dominion is a great place to work at, but some of the TM's haven't been picking drivers that are qualified to fulfill the job duties.

Before anyone throws a hand truck at me I'm not suggesting all L/H boys are slobs either from my earlier post. In P & D we have a few characters as well. Is it me or does it seem like OD has lowered their standards to keep up with growth? We have guys with felonies working at our terminal now. I could've sworn that was a no-hire just a year or two ago. Old Dominion is a great place to work at, but some of the TM's haven't been picking drivers that are qualified to fulfill the job duties.

Felons are a no but it depends on what the big man says since nothing is carved in stone.What region do these outlaws work in ?