Applied for job--a few questions

Chicken_Man

TB Lurker
Credits
I applied a couple of weeks ago for a position that is open in College Park, Ga. I was curious if anyone here knows of anyone there that I can call and bug and try to get an interview. Will it do any good if I do? Also, does anyone know if College Park is a union shop or not? Thanks for the help.

Show them three things:

Willingness

Great Attitude

Perseverance

Like GT said, call them, and keep it up...

But, I will ask you like they all asked me when I went to Sysco: "You sure you really want this job? It's not for sissys. You will work your ass off!" Be prepared!

Show them three things:

Willingness

Great Attitude

Perseverance

Like GT said, call them, and keep it up...

But, I will ask you like they all asked me when I went to Sysco: "You sure you really want this job? It's not for sissys. You will work your ass off!" Be prepared!

Thanks, I called today and left the guy a message so I will be calling him again tomorrow for sure to see if I can get him. I have just recently gotten into the foodservice business. I work for Pilgrim's chicken now and really do enjoy this type of work. The only thing is we don't have a lot of business and the money isn't all that great. I really do enjoy this work though and I see the potential to make a lot of money doing it. I would just like to find that job that I can actually see myself retiring from. I'm 32 now, and I hauled sheetrock for a little over 10 years, and I mean hand unloaded it everyday and put it in houses...stood it up in elevators...walked it up stairs...walked it around into basements...lol, it was hell. This grocery thing ain't nothing compared to that in my book. Some of the guys I work with ***** and moan about unloading chicken and having to rotate chicken at the KFC's and Bojangles and I just laugh and wish they could go do what I used to do for one day...they would never complain again! Its just food! LOL

I'm new to foodservice too, Chicken man. I hauled lumber and heavy haul. Nobody understands what that was in the days before moffetts, but I showed my boyfriend a picture of lumber that I hand loaded onto my truck at a jobsite... headboard high, all green lumber and beams. He was blown away that I loaded it by hand.

So I agree... it's JUST food. A 50# bag of flour or a 300# load to break-back... yep, I'll do this all day long!

Good luck with the application and the phone calls!

Hey Chicken man, did you ever hear back from Sysco Atlanta?

Not a word... :( I have learned the transportation managers name is Darrell Firstenberger, but that guy NEVER answers his phone or returns calls lol. Its kinda sad, I have tried him multiple times over the past couple weeks with no luck at all...left him 2 or 3 messages and have heard nothing back from him. I plan to try him again this week but its not looking good....its a shame, I would be a damn good driver for 'em! ;)

Not a word... :( I have learned the transportation managers name is Darrell Firstenberger, but that guy NEVER answers his phone or returns calls lol. Its kinda sad, I have tried him multiple times over the past couple weeks with no luck at all...left him 2 or 3 messages and have heard nothing back from him. I plan to try him again this week but its not looking good....its a shame, I would be a damn good driver for 'em! ;)
Keep on Brother, Trans mgrs are busy, especially in a whse like Atlanta, you might try asking for one of his trans supervisors, talk to them and keep trying Darrell.