SAIA | applied

Jonathan28

TB Lurker
Credits
I recently applied for a job at one of the connection terminals that is becoming SAIA. They had an ad in the paper for the last two weeks. What I was wondering is it normal for them to take a little while getting back with you. I am more than qualified for the position and I am use to getting calls immediately anytime I have ever applied anywhere. Just curious.

Get On The Phone And Call Them Everyday Let Them Know You Are Interested In The Job The More You Call The More They Going To Know You Want The Job And They Going To Get Tired Of You Calling And Tell You To Come In. I Know In Alot Of Places Freight Is Slow So They Might Not Want To Hire To Quick And Then Have To Lay You Off.

Most of the Connection terminal mgrs are in a holding pattern at the present time.While freight may explode in the near future, right now it's real slow.We officially become SAIA in the month of March.I would call at least once a week to check on the status of your app.:smilie_132:

Givem' time. They do a cursory background check and that takes a little time. Besides with the change over there is a lot on managements plate.

Well it has been about a month now and still no response. I have called to check on my app and they just tell me that they are being reviewed. If I ask to speak with tm they say he is busy. I dont understand why they would have no interest- I have about 6 yrs experience-2 yrs LTL pulling doubles, and a clean record. My LTL experience was with a union carrier. Is it possible that may be turning them off to me. I know the terminal is hiring because they ran huge ads in local paper for about 2-3 weeks. Suggestions?

Well it has been about a month now and still no response. I have called to check on my app and they just tell me that they are being reviewed. If I ask to speak with tm they say he is busy. I dont understand why they would have no interest- I have about 6 yrs experience-2 yrs LTL pulling doubles, and a clean record. My LTL experience was with a union carrier. Is it possible that may be turning them off to me. I know the terminal is hiring because they ran huge ads in local paper for about 2-3 weeks. Suggestions?
Thats what I heard down here in charlotte.Our T.M will put you on the back burner if he knows you worked for a union. Just what I herd. every T.M is different though

That is **** poor if they do that. I could care less if the compnay is union or not. Actually I prefer non union. It just so happens that I spent time with a union carrier and hated it. I have heard the same thing from other companies. I highly doubt that one person could come into a company the size of SAIA and organize a union all by themselves.

That is **** poor if they do that. I could care less if the compnay is union or not. Actually I prefer non union. It just so happens that I spent time with a union carrier and hated it. I have heard the same thing from other companies. I highly doubt that one person could come into a company the size of SAIA and organize a union all by themselves.

Relax!!!!Saia knows that one can't come in and organize.At my barn,one potential I spoke with asked me about that and I told him he may want to keep quiet about that.Drivers there will retalliate against him for that.:hysterical:

Thats what I heard down here in charlotte.Our T.M will put you on the back burner if he knows you worked for a union. Just what I herd. every T.M is different though

TM's have no say in what they think about unions. They say and do exactly as Saia tells them.

Get On The Phone And Call Them Everyday Let Them Know You Are Interested In The Job The More You Call The More They Going To Know You Want The Job And They Going To Get Tired Of You Calling And Tell You To Come In. I Know In Alot Of Places Freight Is Slow So They Might Not Want To Hire To Quick And Then Have To Lay You Off.

I agree , I got 2 jobs like that before.
They told me not to call back, I did , every day.
They said that they wouldn't hire me because I couldn't follw directions ( DON"T CALL AGAIN, WE"LL CALL YOU ).
I called the next day.
After a week of this they said come on in.
They had rather hire me than talk to me on the phone.
CALL, the way I figure it, you got nothing to lose.
You don't have a job there, what are they gonna do to you . Shoot you !:funky:

ok, i submitted an online app. stopped in lex term, next day. 3 weeks they called me last thurs. public oppinion, is it worth the effort to go to interview.
already in a crappy job now, no need to repeat history. what is the company like. not much in public feedback that i have heard