Averitt | Applying for Averitt

Regulars

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm moving to the Roanoke, VA area in about a week or so and I know there is a LTL position open there. I was trying to figure out how to apply for it. When I go to the Averitt Careers page it just list Regional, City, Flatbed and Regional Team. Would it fall under Regional or is listed as something else? I currently drive for Maverick Transportation, but once I move I have to change over to long haul. I don't want to be out for two weeks at a time and I'm looking to get home everyday now. Thanks for any help.

I'm moving to the Roanoke, VA area in about a week or so and I know there is a LTL position open there. I was trying to figure out how to apply for it. When I go to the Averitt Careers page it just list Regional, City, Flatbed and Regional Team. Would it fall under Regional or is listed as something else? I currently drive for Maverick Transportation, but once I move I have to change over to long haul. I don't want to be out for two weeks at a time and I'm looking to get home everyday now. Thanks for any help.
The city position would be the ltl position.

Good luck averitt is a awesome company and pay big money and the best bennies in the industry great retirement the best to offer hope you get the job

I would be looking at other ltl companies if I were you. Most of the others will start you at more than our top pay. Sad but true. Our top shuttle driver at my barn left to start at the bottom at Estes this week.
Yes, make Averitt your last resort. Take it from someone that no longer works there after 19+ years of watching their shenanigans.

Take it from a 23 year Averitt driver. I would try really hard to get on with Old Dominion. You'll start out $0.045 more than Averitt and they are at $.58 going to $.60. Three weeks after 5 years.

Last edited:
Take it from a 23 year Averitt driver. I would try really hard to get on with Old Dominion. You'll start out $0.045 more than Averitt and they are at $.58 going to $.60. Three weeks after 5 years.
Five weeks after 25 years. I seen AE employees, featured in the newsletter, with 35+ years and still only getting
3 weeks of vacation.

Make sure you shave lol. .Have to be clean cut to work for them unless you have a excuse letter. .

Looked at job openings on insideaveritt, not a shuttle position available system wide. I expect the outside carriers to come pouring in soon with the increasing freight levels.

Looked at job openings on insideaveritt, not a shuttle position available system wide. I expect the outside carriers to come pouring in soon with the increasing freight levels.
Yup. While 20 driver's runs are cut and told, "you can work the dock tonight. "

Ask me how unbelievably glad I am that I don't have to don that red shirt and walk through those gates of hell any more. Have never looked back.