Holland | Applying to & securing employment with USF Holland

c5_vette

TB Lurker
Credits
I am new to the board & would very much appreciate everyone's insight & help on this matter. In the near future, I will try to gain employment with USF Holland as a city driver (I have NO intention of being a road driver or doing anything else where I'm not home every single day). I have several years of CDL experience; 2 of which being Class A. I have every endorsement that can be on a CDL (as far as I know). I've had a few speeding tickets in the past few years (in my own vehicle), but my driving abstract is spotless. I have rarely seen driving jobs posted on USF's site for the Joliet, IL terminal (where I live & wish to work at). Do they only accept online applications, or can I try my luck with an on-the-spot app? What will be involved in the hiring process? How thoroughly do they check the information contained on my application? I've heard about written & physical tests that need to be taken & I assume that a road test is required. What is involved in these procedures? If I'm hired, do I have a choice of what shifts & days I would like to work? Is the Joliet facility a union shop? If so, how is the seniority structutred? Do I load/unload freight at every customer? How are the trucks? Would I pull a '53, doubles or a combination of the two? Is Holland a good company to work for & do they respect their employees? Does the union have real authority at Holland or does management disregard the contract anytime they wish without Teamster reprisal? I have many more questions, but this should suffice for now. I greatly appreciate any and all responses on this matter. Thanks.

I don't think you will do any good applying at holland with 2 or 3 tickets in the last few years regardless of what vehicle they were in.As for a background check they are pretty thorough and you will do better if you are straight up with them.Joliet is a union barn and work shifts are done by senority bids. They have a few single pups but pull no doubles,mostly 48's,53's,and a few straight trucks. Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps