Yellow | April pay Raise and -15%

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
OK , so some guys on here say that the -15% is a thing of the past & it is what it is ?? and they don't have to show it on our checks anymore ? so then WHY if it is a thing of the past and pay is what it is ,then we should be getting the full .40 cent raise and not the -15% amount of .34 cents right ??? point is that if they are still taking out the -15% of our raises ,then they need to still be showing it on our paycheck stubs or be giving us the full .40 cent raise then !!!:argue: and will they continue to take it out of our pay raises after the 2019 MOU ??:frown new:

T
OK , so some guys on here say that the -15% is a thing of the past & it is what it is ?? and they don't have to show it on our checks anymore ? so then WHY if it is a thing of the past and pay is what it is ,then we should be getting the full .40 cent raise and not the -15% amount of .34 cents right ??? point is that if they are still taking out the -15% of our raises ,then they need to still be showing it on our paycheck stubs or be giving us the full .40 cent raise then !!!:argue: and will they continue to take it out of our pay raises after the 2019 MOU ??:frown new:
There probably won't be a contract after 2019 If they don't cough up some money ,especially to the pension fund ,it's all over.

I think they stopped showing because of the worker compensation insurance comp liability payment.If the company can show a little less payout in payroll it decreases the workers compensation when said employee is hurt.Essentially another pay cut only in worker compensation claim values.

Good point....Call Tyson for his interpretation of what he negogiated in regards to the raise....KK

I think they stopped showing because of the worker compensation insurance comp liability payment.If the company can show a little less payout in payroll it decreases the workers compensation when said employee is hurt.Essentially another pay cut only in worker compensation claim values.

Workers comp is based on your actual earnings, not an imaginary number.

Workers comp is based on your actual earnings, not an imaginary number.
True Triplex but with the 15 percent showing your gross is higher ,which is what comp payment is based on, so removing that 15 percent and lowering the gross the comp payment is less and should cost less.

True Triplex but with the 15 percent showing your gross is higher which is what comp pays on so removing that 15 percent and lowering the gross comp pays less and should cost less.

Like I said earlier, workers comp is based on what you actually earned, what is shown on your W-2, not some arbitrary rate of pay. Comp calculates your average earnings and bases comp pay on that. Don't you remember all the discussions about the actual gross pay reported to the IRS on here a while back?

Oh I remember those damn IRS discussions, what I'm saying is If you get hurt workers comp pays you 70 percent of your gross weekly earnings 26 weeks prior to your injury. The checks used to show your gross then minus 15 percent which made your weekly gross higher thus making your weekly comp payment higher then it is now because instead of showing the 15 percent after the gross they removed it and lowered the gross pay.

Reread this and confused myself lol

Oh I remember those damn IRS discussions, what I'm saying is If you get hurt workers comp pays you 70 percent of your gross weekly earnings 26 weeks prior to your injury. The checks used to show your gross then minus 15 percent which made your weekly gross higher thus making your weekly comp payment higher then it is now because instead of showing the 15 percent after the gross they removed it and lowered the gross pay.

Reread this and confused myself lol

We're on the same wavelength here, no issue. The only thing I'm saying is that the old "gross" amount showing the 15% being deducted wasn't ever a "real" gross pay as far as the IRS was concerned. That was just a number printed on the stub and not the actual gross pay for the person. I would doubt that anyone got comp pay based on that old fake "gross" number but I could be wrong.

We're on the same wavelength here, no issue. The only thing I'm saying is that the old "gross" amount showing the 15% being deducted wasn't ever a "real" gross pay as far as the IRS was concerned. That was just a number printed on the stub and not the actual gross pay for the person. I would doubt that anyone got comp pay based on that old fake "gross" number but I could be wrong.
I never doubted that you would understand what I was struggling to word correctly. :17142:

T

There probably won't be a contract after 2019 If they don't cough up some money ,especially to the pension fund ,it's all over.
This company will be around as long as we agree to work cheap and management can keep cashin them bonus checks. And the last thing I want is more of my money getting flushed down the well that we call central states.

I'm a bit confused. What connection is there between showing the -15% on our check stubs and showing management/staff pay somewhere?
Because I know this POS company has given wages back to staff. And supervisors didn't lose vacation. So, if the company doesn't show it anymore how do we know the staff and supervisors are still under the " equal" sacrifice.

Because I know this POS company has given wages back to staff. And supervisors didn't lose vacation. So, if the company doesn't show it anymore how do we know the staff and supervisors are still under the " equal" sacrifice.

In your original post (shown below) you said they stopped showing the -15% so that we won't see the raises or pay management got. I asked what connection there is between the two? You didn't really answer my post. Your answer should have been - "There is no connection between showing the -15% and showing management pay". There, I've answered for you. Carry on. :smile new:

I still say they stopped showing it is so we won't see what raises or pay management and staff have gotten back.

Like I said earlier, workers comp is based on what you actually earned, what is shown on your W-2, not some arbitrary rate of pay. Comp calculates your average earnings and bases comp pay on that. Don't you remember all the discussions about the actual gross pay reported to the IRS on here a while back?
You r right can't claim what you don't have. Only the gross net

This company will be around as long as we agree to work cheap and management can keep cashin them bonus checks. And the last thing I want is more of my money getting flushed down the well that we call central states.
We don't have that problem in New England,but when the well runs dry that's it

There not,We take it on the chin ,There is no equal sacrifice.