TForce | APWA challenged to debate by Florida IBT local

nospinzone

TB Lurker
Credits
Recently IBT Local 769 in Miami challenged Jimmy Lotts, a local UPS'er in Miami who is also an APWA national Vice-President, to a debate. So for all of you who feel like you're getting the run-around from either side, here is the chance to see who can give you the best straight talk. The debate rules as proposed by the APWA are as follows:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Oxford rules for debating
[*]predominant moderator mutually agreed upon
[*]each part afforded a preselected number of press reps to be in attendance
[*]10 mutually agreed upon questions
[*]local media will cover and video tape the debate
[*]no audience will be allowed; the video in electronic form will be freely and widely available in unedited form
[/LIST]The APWA is awaiting the response from the national and local offices.

The official APWA response to the IBT challenge, which is being openly distributed, is available upon request. Please email me.

And what do you think this debate is going to do for your cause?

Lets see some good promises in writtng.
What does our parent UPS think about this no-history union being our rep.'s?

You know what they say talk is cheap,actions speak louder than words.

What good is a debate going to do,if you can't produce something we can rely on for our futures?

Give us something we can take to the bank.

Not some fancy words going in one ear,and out they other.

What good is a debate going to do,if you can't produce something we can rely on for our futures?

The purpose of the debate is to give a comparison of what the two labor unions are offering. As for the result you are asking for... The NLRB will conduct the secret ballot election in Kansas City within 41 days. Then APWA will have the opportunity to perform on its promises. APWA cannot put their words into action until they are certified as the CBA at a barn.

And what do you think this debate is going to do for your cause?

Lets see some good promises in writtng.
What does our parent UPS think about this no-history union being our rep.'s?

You know what they say talk is cheap,actions speak louder than words.

I don't understand, why would they have to debate anything if they were the real thing? Why don't they just let their promises speak for themselves in the form of a represented member? All you're going to get from them is fancy words, and notices of debates. They are just going to split us up.

Some here will disagree with me, but we have a rare opportunity to solve a number of issues that we are having with the company. And it's not just the economics, which seems to be the main talking points of the apwa.

Unless I've missed it, they mention nothing about work rules on their website and it mostly seems to cater to the parcel side, which is understandable. They have a long road ahead of them to come up with a fair contract for us on the freight side, one that's close to being completed by an org. that has plenty of experience in the subject.

I honestly think there's no debate to be had, the decision is clear. But this is only my opinion, and like I said before, some will disagree.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, oops, I mean time will tell.

The purpose of the debate is to give a comparison of what the two labor unions are offering. As for the result you are asking for... The NLRB will conduct the secret ballot election in Kansas City within 41 days. Then APWA will have the opportunity to perform on its promises. APWA cannot put their words into action until they are certified as the CBA at a barn.

#1: apwad is not a labor union; it is not registered as a union with the NLRB. It is 2 clowns and a union busting attorney.

#2: They cannot be certified as the CBA when the decertification process calls for a 2 year moratorium of any union activity after a decert vote is declared valid.

What do you people think UPS will do in that 1 year time frame to make sure there will never be another labor agreement there????

Good God people open your eyes to this baloney! If it sounds too good to be true, then more than likely it is!!!

Dont get sucked into this snake oil salesmen bs!
And dont trust anyone who beds down with a union busting attorney!!!!!!!!:chairshot:

#1: apwa is not a labor union; it is not registered as a union with the NLRB.
Fraid I'm gonna bust your bubble on this one, saddle. The APWA has filed NLRB charges against the company in several states. Here is one of the filings as posted by the NLRB website. Notice the bold print---union name.....
--------------------------------Unfair Labor Practice (Complaint Case) Case Information Display
Case Name: United Parcel Service, Inc.
Case Number: 26-CA-22718-001
Date Case Filed: 03/26/2007
Date Complaint Issued: No Complaint Was Issued.
Date Case Closed: Case Is Not Closed.
Dispute State/Zip/Region: TN/ 37210/ Region 26
Appeal Determination: No Appeal Determination Data Available.
Advice Determination: No Advice Determination Data Available.
A.L.J. Determination: No ALJ Determination Data Available.
Board Determination: No Board Determination Data Available.
Regional Action(s): No Regional Action data available.
Section(s) of the Act:
8(a)(1)Coercive Statements, including Threats
8(a)(1)Surveillance
8(a)(1)Rules: No-Solicitation/No-Distribution Rules
8(a)(1)Interrogation
8(a)(1)Concerted Activities: Other Allegations
Close Method: No Close Method Data Available.
Close Timing: No Close Timing Data Available.
NAICS Code: Postal Service
Charged Party: United Parcel Service, Inc.
Union Name: Association of Parcel Workers of America
Employer Name: United Parcel Service
Case Status: Contempt
http://mynlrb.nlrb.gov/portal/nlrb.p...6-CA-22718-001
-----------------------------
Looks like the NLRB considers us a union.

#2: They cannot be certified as the CBA when the decertification process calls for a 2 year moratorium of any union activity after a decert vote is declared valid.
You have no clue what you're talking about here. You're simply pulling stuff out of your a**. Show me in the NLRA where there is a two year moratorium. I've answered this nonsense on other boards, so i just need to copy and paste my response. I just want to see you attempt to back up your lies with some source.

#1: apwa is not a labor union; it is not registered as a union with the NLRB.
Fraid I'm gonna bust your bubble on this one, saddle. The APWA has filed NLRB charges against the company in several states. Here is one of the filings as posted by the NLRB website. Notice the bold print---union name.....
--------------------------------Unfair Labor Practice (Complaint Case) Case Information Display
Case Name: United Parcel Service, Inc.
Case Number: 26-CA-22718-001
Date Case Filed: 03/26/2007
Date Complaint Issued: No Complaint Was Issued.
Date Case Closed: Case Is Not Closed.
Dispute State/Zip/Region: TN/ 37210/ Region 26
Appeal Determination: No Appeal Determination Data Available.
Advice Determination: No Advice Determination Data Available.
A.L.J. Determination: No ALJ Determination Data Available.
Board Determination: No Board Determination Data Available.
Regional Action(s): No Regional Action data available.
Section(s) of the Act:
8(a)(1)Coercive Statements, including Threats
8(a)(1)Surveillance
8(a)(1)Rules: No-Solicitation/No-Distribution Rules
8(a)(1)Interrogation
8(a)(1)Concerted Activities: Other Allegations
Close Method: No Close Method Data Available.
Close Timing: No Close Timing Data Available.
NAICS Code: Postal Service
Charged Party: United Parcel Service, Inc.
Union Name: Association of Parcel Workers of America
Employer Name: United Parcel Service
Case Status: Contempt
http://mynlrb.nlrb.gov/portal/nlrb.p...6-CA-22718-001
-----------------------------
Looks like the NLRB considers us a union.

You have no clue what you're talking about here. You're simply pulling stuff out of your a**. Show me in the NLRA where there is a two year moratorium. I've answered this nonsense on other boards, so i just need to copy and paste my response. I just want to see you attempt to back up your lies with some source.

This forum has been peaceful for a while and then you show up again and bring others with you to spread your propaganda and negativity against our company, although you're free to do it here, why? I mean, what's the point? Were not even a fraction of your target audience.

This statement doesn't prove that your registered as a union with the NLRB, it just states union name, more than likley a default in the software or a generic term to identify an organization (used lightly).

Uh, real quick here. By contract, and that's the law, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters is the representative for the members working for UPS.

I'm not sure that "Docksteward's Union", or whom ever, can file charges against UPS and bypass the collective bargaining agreement that exists between the IBT and UPS.

Maybe someone can help me out here. DS.

This forum has been peaceful for a while and then you show up again and bring others with you to spread your propaganda and negativity against our company, although you're free to do it here, why? I mean, what's the point? Were not even a fraction of your target audience.

This statement doesn't prove that your registered as a union with the NLRB, it just states union name, more than likley a default in the software or a generic term to identify an organization (used lightly).
First off, I have no negative feelings or wishes towards UPS Freight. Ya'll are doin a hell of job and I only want to help the people at UPSF achieve their goals. Unfortunatey for the IBT, a significant number of your co-workers believe that path involves the APWA and not the IBT. That doesn't involve negativety. Only information sharing such as here on truckingboards.

As for the NLRB calling the APWA a union,, if you don't believe what the government says, call them up talk them into changing their definitions.

First off, I have no negative feelings or wishes towards UPS Freight. Ya'll are doin a hell of job and I only want to help the people at UPSF achieve their goals. Unfortunatey for the IBT, a significant number of your co-workers believe that path involves the APWA and not the IBT. That doesn't involve negativety. Only information sharing such as here on truckingboards.

As for the NLRB calling the APWA a union,, if you don't believe what the government says, call them up talk them into changing their definitions.

Government says? It looks to me like a misinterpretation on your part.

de·ni·al: A refusal to grant the truth of a statement or allegation

Government says? It looks to me like a misinterpretation on your part.
Steve, call the APWA a popsicle stand if you like. But within 40 days this popsicle stand will probably be chosen by the workers in KC as their CBA.

Steve, call the APWA a popsicle stand if you like. But within 40 days this popsicle stand will probably be chosen by the workers in KC as their CBA.

Number 1, I never said it was a "popsicle stand" just simply stating, that with the info given by you, the cut and paste statement doesn't prove your claim. Denial is irrelevant in this case.

And then what kind of baganing power will they have when the other 199 termanils go IBT?

They can't tell you, just like they can't say what kind of wages and work rules they have in mind.

Their big on the pension because the pension short fall in 2004 is the reason for the APWA in the first place. If parcel still had the 30 and out available for the Founder, we would not be having any debates, or organizations claiming to be Unions filing claims with the Government against our company.

Maybe this is just speculation on my part?
But didn't this APWA get its start because the founders had a vindita against the Teamsters union?

Now unfortunatly the Teamsters organizing efforts are taking so long to materialize.
That this no-name organization is looking to start dividing,and conquering the ranks of UPS Freight.
If they are sucessful in getting some of our terminals to sign on with them,maybe they won't get all of UPS Freight to join them.
But it will be defeat for the Teamsters to be our total companys bargaining agent.

In other words my question is are these efforts of the APWA to totaly organize UPS Freight?
Or are they just trying to overthrow the efforts of the Teamsters to organize our intire company?

In my opinion it looks more like a war in the minds of the APWA,seeking revenge,then an effort to help all of us workers at UPS Freight to become unionized?

It was a type error.

Thanks Steve for clarifing that for me. Its one year from the time of the decert till another bargaining unit can approach the members who called for the decert. Been this way for a long time but there are still those who choose not to accept the facts.....:1036316054:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Oxford rules for debating
[*]predominant moderator mutually agreed upon
[*]each part afforded a preselected number of press reps to be in attendance
[*]10 mutually agreed upon questions
[*]local media will cover and video tape the debate
[*]no audience will be allowed; the video in electronic form will be freely and widely available in unedited form
[/LIST]

Boston rules for debating
* Referee
* Each part afforded an attorney, and a doctor is to be in attendance.
* Local gin mill will cover the huh...."debate".
* No weak stomached individuals allowed but a closed circuit camera will capture the action.
* Pay preview only!!! :hysterical: