TForce | APWA challenged to debate by Florida IBT local

So how about some answers to my questions about terminal stewards,and local union offices?

These are something the Teamsters have had established for a long time,and its a real concern if we should want anything to do with being represented by any union.

Say we want repersentation on an important contract issue,are we going to have to go through a long drawn out process,to get answers,or will it be addressed at a local union office?

These are really important questions that need answers to,before we can even think about being represented by some other organization instead of the Teamsters.

No. It's free. Do you want me to send you 1?I still have about 20 in my lunch box. But hurry there going quick:nutkick:
you need to read the fine print. they just told you it was free that was to get your vote. guess what-- you will still pay. why dont you ask dan or van to explain how this works. NO ask someone with a honest reputation.

Go to the website- BROWN CAFE. See how many IBT fans there are there!
not many. Same handful of people over and over.

First off, I have no negative feelings or wishes towards UPS Freight. Ya'll are doin a hell of job and I only want to help the people at UPSF achieve their goals. Unfortunatey for the IBT, a significant number of your co-workers believe that path involves the APWA and not the IBT. That doesn't involve negativety. Only information sharing such as here on truckingboards.

As for the NLRB calling the APWA a union,, if you don't believe what the government says, call them up talk them into changing their definitions.
DONT BELIEVE, they trip over theire own two feet. Any IDIOT can walk into the STATE pay a few buck to be called a non profit union

I sure hope the employee's in KAN are smarter than that.
They were filled with B>S

I don't see the problem here. You guys asked for a debate. It wasn't on your time table, but here is the opportunity. I would expect you guys to be ecstatic about this opportunity for exchange of ideas and arguements? And how more appropriate to have the debate closer to crunch time. We have our first election coming up in 5weeks.
problem is we want to hear the debate for the freight side of things not the PARCEL side of the APWA BULL SHI!. FREIGHT! FREIGHT! DEBATE with FREIGHT. OOPS Sorry they (NO ) nothing about freight. Or they dont have the BA**S to do a face to face. From your posting i would say the later is more like it. You side step the issue . You posted a response letter from the APWA but you never did post the other parties letter for a debate.

problem is we want to hear the debate for the freight side of things not the PARCEL side of the APWA BULL SHI!. FREIGHT! FREIGHT! DEBATE with FREIGHT. OOPS Sorry they (NO ) nothing about freight. Or they dont have the BA**S to do a face to face. From your posting i would say the later is more like it. You side step the issue . You posted a response letter from the APWA but you never did post the other parties letter for a debate.

They will be televising a simulcast single sided debate from a lead bunker in East Berlin!!!! :hysterical: What a friggin joke these guys are.

Recently IBT Local 769 in Miami challenged Jimmy Lotts, a local UPS'er in Miami who is also an APWA national Vice-President, to a debate. So for all of you who feel like you're getting the run-around from either side, here is the chance to see who can give you the best straight talk. The debate rules as proposed by the APWA are as follows:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Oxford rules for debating
[*]predominant moderator mutually agreed upon
[*]each part afforded a preselected number of press reps to be in attendance
[*]10 mutually agreed upon questions
[*]local media will cover and video tape the debate
[*]no audience will be allowed; the video in electronic form will be freely and widely available in unedited form
[/LIST]The APWA is awaiting the response from the national and local offices.

Go to a APWA meeting, maybe you'll find out!Or do you just put all your eggs in one basket?:smilie_132:
We (IBT Local 728 members) attempted to attend a meeting in Marietta, Ga. recently, but wasn't allowed in... The Cracker Barrel on Delk Rd... You brought the campaign to this forum. Just answer the questions that are being asked of your organization in this forum... You want to throw a bunch of rhetoric out here to potential members and then respond with a bunch of spin and double-speak... How do you expect to garner any kind of support with your responses? You quoted my post, you seen my questions... What is your response?

(Go to a meeting is lame... Tweak my interest... Sell me something... Convince me... Since that is what you're here for...)

We (IBT Local 728 members) attempted to attend a meeting in Marietta, Ga. recently, but wasn't allowed in... The Cracker Barrel on Delk Rd... You brought the campaign to this forum. Just answer the questions that are being asked of your organization in this forum... You want to throw a bunch of rhetoric out here to potential members and then respond with a bunch of spin and double-speak... How do you expect to garner any kind of support with your responses? You quoted my post, you seen my questions... What is your response?

(Go to a meeting is lame... Tweak my interest... Sell me something... Convince me... Since that is what you're here for...)
they had a cop stand at the door at the harrisburg pa meeting. THAT is the APWA way NO CLASS

APWA meetings....

HiwayHombre said:

HighwayMan,,,
APWA is upfront about their ground rules for attending the informational meetings. They are there to openly discuss issues with parcel employees if it’s a parcel meeting and UPS Freight employees if it’s a freight meeting. They only ask that you show a UPS employee id card upon entering. They don’t hold these meetings to conduct shouting matches with the local BA or local president. If you, the UPS employee, ask sincere questions, without the underlying purpose of running the meeting down a rabbit trail, then you will get straight answers. And since you, HighwayMan, are a Yellow Linehaul driver out of Atlanta, that disqualifies you from attending a meeting. Why? Because you have no vote in the election process. APWA has no interest in representing Yellow.

The purpose of the police officer is to keep the meetings civil and focused on discussing topics important to the UPS employees. Eason was assaulted at one meeting and a few other Teamster supporters were arrested for failing to leave after being asked to leave by the officer.… and of course these gentlemen were NOT UPS employees. The meetings are for UPS employees only.

HighwayMan,,,
APWA is upfront about their ground rules for attending the informational meetings. They are there to openly discuss issues with parcel employees if it’s a parcel meeting and UPS Freight employees if it’s a freight meeting. They only ask that you show a UPS employee id card upon entering. They don’t hold these meetings to conduct shouting matches with the local BA or local president. If you, the UPS employee, ask sincere questions, without the underlying purpose of running the meeting down a rabbit trail, then you will get straight answers. And since you, HighwayMan, are a Yellow Linehaul driver out of Atlanta, that disqualifies you from attending a meeting. Why? Because you have no vote in the election process. APWA has no interest in representing Yellow.

The purpose of the police officer is to keep the meetings civil and focused on discussing topics important to the UPS employees. Eason was assaulted at one meeting and a few other Teamster supporters were arrested for failing to leave after being asked to leave by the officer.… and of course these gentlemen were NOT UPS employees. The meetings are for UPS employees only.

I can understand the APWA having no Interest in representing Yellow. I can't understand there Interest in representing UPSF The APWA is a parcel organization. NOT a freight organization. The APWA knows nothing about freight organizing. With a half million parcel employee's, Why not stick to what they were designed for. UNLESS the APWA has a problem getting parcel members and has the hopes that uninformed UPSF employee's will fall for all there promises.

HighwayMan,,,

I offered that response only because of HRS-SLAVES earlier response to me about attending one of your meetings... You certainly went to great lengths to explain to me why I wouldn't be welcome at one of your pow-wows...
My challenge to you now is this: Answer the second part of my question in the post that you responded to... You are here to sell something, are you not? Give great answers to good questions. Sell these UPSF members, here, on what you are offering them... They've heard all of the pension/benefits slant from APWA. Now, tell them how APWA plans to protect them and their rights in the workplace. I'll abstain from commenting any further if you'll give them straight answers and save the glossy, worn-out pitch lines...

My thoughts on APWA? I am under the impression this organization is underwritten and guided by UPS as an insturment to dissuade optimism here, among UPSF employees, for organization, and further dissuade support for Multi Employer Pension Plans by UPS employees... Care to change my opinion?

For the record: I'm HiwayHombre, not HighwayMan... I don't carry a sword and pistol by my side and it's not the coach road that I ride... And no, I wasn't hung by the bastards in the spring of '25... Obviously, I am still alive... OK?

If the Teamster,UPS barganing talks are completed any time soon,then what happens?
As per the plan the contract goes to Indy for a review,then their vote to except it,or reject it.
If its excepted.
Teamsters will be offering cards to the remaining terminals.

So whats going to happen with the APWA when this huge IBT ball starts rolling through the intire UPS Freight system?

I'm beginning to think that this bogus threat of an alternative union is just that. A bogus threat. Think about it. Create this red herring (apwa) either in the minds of the employees or Hoffa himself. Thus speeding up the gridlocked negotiations. Creating an atmosphere to except less then would have been excepted otherwise. Far fetched theory? I don't know. George Nory induced conspiracy?,,,,,,,, TIME WILL TELL!!!!!

HighwayMan,,,

your statement here is a buch of bullsh&&. The apwa /skilmman is not straight forward at these so called meeting. when he came to the PA. meeting he deliberately mislead these folks to think they were central states. OH please get e real life. Everyone is NOT central states. THe officer is only placed at meeting because skillman dont want people to confront him with the truth and if you asked and pressure him for a straight answer he will call you a liar.

Recently IBT Local 769 in Miami challenged Jimmy Lotts, a local UPS'er in Miami who is also an APWA national Vice-President, to a debate. So for all of you who feel like you're getting the run-around from either side, here is the chance to see who can give you the best straight talk. The debate rules as proposed by the APWA are as follows:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Oxford rules for debating
[*]predominant moderator mutually agreed upon
[*]each part afforded a preselected number of press reps to be in attendance
[*]10 mutually agreed upon questions
[*]local media will cover and video tape the debate
[*]no audience will be allowed; the video in electronic form will be freely and widely available in unedited form
[/LIST]The APWA is awaiting the response from the national and local offices.

The official APWA response to the IBT challenge, which is being openly distributed, is available upon request. Please email me.

you can tell SKILLMAN i still await for my response

Why can't I open page 15 on this thread????

Is it sending you back to the home page of Truckingboards?

Not sure what is causing it, but go into your "User CP", then to "Options". Change your "posts to be displayed per page" to something other than the forum default. See if that helps.

The purpose of the debate is to give a comparison of what the two labor unions are offering. As for the result you are asking for... The NLRB will conduct the secret ballot election in Kansas City within 41 days. Then APWA will have the opportunity to perform on its promises. APWA cannot put their words into action until they are certified as the CBA at a barn.

Well, If they are uninformed enough to vote APWA in. Well, I guess we will have two unions. A couple with APWA and the majority with the teamsters...:biglaugh:

P.S. As far as I am concerned you get all of UPS and then I'll listen. By the way what was UPS's last strike about...