TForce | APWA/IBT NLRB Election to be held at KC

nospinzone

TB Lurker
Credits
This morning the APWA officers visited the Kansas City NLRB field office and submitted authorization cards requesting a secret ballot election at the KC UPSF barn. An election petition requires that greater than 30% of employees within a building have signed authorization cards. Last week UPS corporate denied the APWA's request for voluntary card check recognition. This sign of favoritism by UPS necessitated APWA requesting the NLRB to conduct this secret ballot election.

More info as it becomes available.

This morning the APWA officers visited the Kansas City NLRB field office and submitted authorization cards requesting a secret ballot election at the KC UPSF barn. An election petition requires that greater than 30% of employees within a building have signed authorization cards. Last week UPS corporate denied the APWA's request for voluntary card check recognition. This sign of favoritism by UPS necessitated APWA requesting the NLRB to conduct this secret ballot election.

More info as it becomes available.

I hope you guy's don't split our vote here in Socal. We need work rules more than anything here.

I hope you guy's don't split our vote here in Socal. We need work rules more than anything here.

Thats exactly what their attempting to do Steve which really makes me question their motives and backing. We all remember what Ross Perot throwing his hat into the ring did to the presidential election

Where the hell is the TEAMSTERS, if someone would have got the ball rolling a little faster this may not have happened, people are tired of waiting. Hopefully and I thought I would never say this,UPS will get the ball rolling a little faster now. Pending on who is behind this little scheme.

Where the hell is the TEAMSTERS, if someone would have got the ball rolling a little faster this may not have happened, people are tired of waiting. Hopefully and I thought I would never say this,UPS will get the ball rolling a little faster now. Pending on who is behind this little scheme.

If there were people who sat in empty offices all day with nothing to do but negotiate contracts this might be done or close to done by now.
Since they have regular work loads, the meetings are set up accordingly.

The only people with nothing to do all day are the apwa traitors (and their Union busting law firm) who are blowing smoke up the rear ends of a few UPSF workers. Who in their right mind would follow a group of traitors advised by an anti-Union lawyer? Too bad that a few who are uneducated in Union ways will fall for this apwa nonsense.

If there were people who sat in empty offices all day with nothing to do but negotiate contracts this might be done or close to done by now.
Since they have regular work loads, the meetings are set up accordingly.

I am not doubting your credibility Glad, but most of us new and had seen in posts here that the APWA was going to make a mark at some point, The teamsters have said the same right along that this contract would mock the NMFA to an extent and small package The Hybrid,

It would seem to me that a few modifications, well I don't now what the hell I am talking about anyway, forget I posted.:smilie_132:

I am not doubting your credibility Glad, but most of us new and had seen in posts here that the APWA was going to make a mark at some point, The teamsters have said the same right along that this contract would mock the NMFA to an extent and small package The Hybrid,

It would seem to me that a few modifications, well I don't now what the hell I am talking about anyway, forget I posted.:smilie_132:

I don't have any credibility. I'm just a dumb truck driver like everyone else in here...just not as dumb as some:biglaugh:

Even if they took the NMFA to the talks it would take just as long because they still have to go over it item by item....and there are things in it that UPS won't agree to and the teamsters won't want to give on.

It's not as simple a process as some make it sound.

Hell there are lots of things in the freight agreement that the freight companies don't want, but have been put in over the years.

The only people with nothing to do all day are the apwa traitors (and their Union busting law firm) who are blowing smoke up the rear ends of a few UPSF workers. Who in their right mind would follow a group of traitors advised by an anti-Union lawyer? Too bad that a few who are uneducated in Union ways will fall for this apwa nonsense.

We got a couple over here at our terminal. They are having a meeting next month. I was hoping the apwa gave up, but like cockroaches, they just won't go away. They won't be happy until they ruin it for the people that want some help[ with the management.

Hey nospin, if you guys fail, will you give back the $150 to the fools that paid it? I mean, since they can't be "founding members"

Thats exactly what their attempting to do Steve which really makes me question their motives and backing. We all remember what Ross Perot throwing his hat into the ring did to the presidential election

What I don't get is they might not want us to be union, but they sure are pushing us to be. Taking work away and giving it to shiny wheels, while some of the bottom of the board are not working.

Just think, who ever votes the apwa in, is in for a long wait. They still have to draw up a contract and then there's the negotiation process. You guy's think the IBT is taking their time, what about the apwa, not having any experience in the matter whatsoever. You're either going to get a quick, not-so-good contract, or a contract that will take for ever to be voted on. jmo

These apwa so-called leaders are a couple of crybabies who couldn't even get elected in their own former Locals. So, if the people who know them had no faith in them how on earth could a complete stranger have any?

These apwa so-called leaders are a couple of crybabies who couldn't even get elected in their own former Locals. So, if the people who know them had no faith in them how on earth could a complete stranger have any?
Neither Van S nor Danny E have ever ran for an office in their local when they were members. And if you expect that any kind of reform could ever occur under Hoffa's little yes man "slippery Jack" in 391, you need to lay off the bottle.

Neither Van Skillman nor Danny Eason have ever ran for an office in their local when they were members.

Never ran and never will my friend, so what is their creditability that they have for the record. They are not even members for petes sake, they will accomplish the same thing before hand...... nothing!!!! I check the records and where is the home office of these guys....PO Box in NC, office in Washigton D.C., or is it in Delaware???? Did they file a LM-2????:smilie_132:

Let's see, Teamsters don't like the APWA {negative comments, questioning credibility},and that's O.K. But, someone doesn't like {negative comments, questioning credibility} the teamsters and all kinds of mojo are released upon us. Competition is good right. It is all about making our life better, right? They do have our best interest at heart, right? This is gonna get good!:tongue0002:

Neither Van Skillman nor Danny Eason have ever ran for an office in their local when they were members. And if you expect that any kind of reform could ever occur under Hoffa's little yes man "slippery Jack" in 391, you need to lay off the bottle.
I didn't say they ran....I was stating that they could not even get elected if they did......that's if they paid dues. What great Union men you have to follow.....what a bunch of losers.
PS...I don't drink.

Uh oh, looks like allspin called his 2 buddies to post pro apwa BS. It's gonna get good alright...after you guys get laughed back to wherever you came from.

try this out and see what you think,
overnite used a lawyer to get the union out. this is the same guy that is in D.C. working with the AWPA. ok this is a little funny but, think about this. if they used this guy to do that last time what about this time. they went with a all out frontal assult last time. they spent alot of time and money to do this.
what if they are using the same guy to do it again? think about it. instead of going in the front door, they are using the basement door and up the stairs. if they get the AWPA to get a vote of a certain amount the IBT can not be voted on for 3 years. they don't have to win just a vote of 30 or 40 percent will keep the IBT out till the package side votes in 2008.
why spend there money to do it. get us to! $150.00 to join a union to get the world from UPS.

what do you think?

Well said! That is the feeling in my barn too. Now this may be a case of the company just dragging there feet, but would someone say something either way. I'm sorry but I'm just not buying this story that everyone is too busy to hammer out a contract in a faster time frame. The company and the union have people that can work out a contract and not have any other duties if the powers that be so choose. Someone is stalling, the real question is why?
Management at UPGF hates rumors, but that's all we got. They have there secrets and we have our rumors just the way it is. Some much for telling us what is going on every step of the way like they promised when this deal went down in the first place.
:hysterical:

Neither Van Skillman nor Danny Eason have ever ran for an office in their local when they were members. And if you expect that any kind of reform could ever occur under Hoffa's little yes man "slippery Jack" in 391, you need to lay off the bottle.

First off, Jimmy Jr isn't going to waste his time on you guys. You don't even amount to a pimple on a junior guy's rump.

What guys are doing is not in the best interest of labor. History proves that. Many lost the chance to be represent by unions becuase of actions like these.

Funny how you guys only have the guts to show your face in right to work states and areas that historically shoot down unions.

What's next.....preaching that by excepting the APWA you can rid yourself of the Teamsters and what they have to offer?
While you sprew your lies and falsehoods laced with empty promises.

The only thing you guys are doing right now within UPS is making the UPS Teamster stronger....keep up the good work.

BTW when you comning to the NorthEast?

Never, I'll assume. You all know we are stronger here then the areas you are hand picking for the meager chance to get a half-assed audience.

Answer me this.

When I visited the Greensboro NC hub why was I met with a cold shoulder and ignored when I asked about APWA there?
Why was it no one knew anything about anything pertaining to APWA.

Maybe my Boston accent scared them?
Couldn't have been my fat Irish face and freckles.

Face it the APWA is nothing and you are playing a hand that will loose.
Bluffing only works if you have position.
I been to the playing table first hand and you have nothing but garbage.

Better fold, find another game