TForce | APWA/IBT NLRB Election to be held at KC

You work for yrc. How would you know?Why dont you keep your nose in your own company?Of course it probaly isn't going to be around to much longer. I heard it's pretty easy to steal freight from yrc, your service is lousy.

If you at a loss for an intelligent response, you can always holler snoop or snitch, I mean it worked in kindergarten, right?

350 workers in KC and their meeting a few Sundays ago had about 15 in attendance......not looking too good for the apwa.

Particularly when they say they cannot provide the same level of benifits as the Teamsters in regaurds to the pention , why would I want to get involved with smoke and mirrors with the forethought of financial destruction. This is the equivelent of going back to the stone age.

What a farse. And this article posted on post 175 was an actual quote from the APWA. What if for example they cannot provide what we currently have, then what, a strike, with what backing them ,aside themselves, I hate to say this but if UPS pulled an "O" and decided to work around the terminal just to prove a point, I would be the first inline to fight the offender, I would feel sorry for the loss of those in KC, but this is how I feel.

Accel,
One thing should stand out in bold letters to the UPSF workers......and that is that the apwa groupies can say whatever they want, no matter how outrageous it might be. The telling thing, for example, is that they haven't denied the **** poor showing at their meeting in KC, have they? I'm sure that allspinzone has read it and there's nothing posted denying what I said about the 15 men showing up out of about 350. Any Organizer will tell you that in a Union campaign you need big support even in the meetings. It would just about take a miracle to get 175 votes for the apwa when only 15 show up.....and we don't even know if they're really supporters....they might have been there to listen and laugh.

I have two questions

1. If this is a "parcel carriers" union why are they going after the FREIGHT division so hard, did they fail with package car guys??

2. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember paying $150 up front to be a member of the teamsters.

that just stood out after reading all this and listening to a discussion on Steve Summers program the other night, I can't make sense of any of this APWA crap.

I want UPSF in my union. Why....strength in numbers. There's too much to loose with Mr. Bush pushing his destruction of the middle class propiganda and giving our jobs to the mexicans. These APWA people have show only a concern for pension. Isn't there more to our daily lives than that, sure it's a part of everybody's future and daily thoughts but there are other PRESENT DAY concerns about our careers too.

Accel,
One thing should stand out in bold letters to the UPSF workers......and that is that the apwa groupies can say whatever they want, no matter how outrageous it might be. The telling thing, for example, is that they haven't denied the **** poor showing at their meeting in KC, have they? I'm sure that allspinzone has read it and there's nothing posted denying what I said about the 15 men showing up out of about 350. Any Organizer will tell you that in a Union campaign you need big support even in the meetings. It would just about take a miracle to get 175 votes for the apwa when only 15 show up.....and we don't even know if they're really supporters....they might have been there to listen and laugh.

To be quite frank, I find it a joke that they would even try after such an embarressment , I guess if a point would have to be made, then they are making it, as foolish as it seems, I kind of thought most would not get involved in this meeting. Its a new union ( Gathering) and nobody trusts them as opposed to the Teamsters, being a legitimate entity.

I have two questions

1. If this is a "parcel carriers" union why are they going after the FREIGHT division so hard, did they fail with package car guys??

2. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember paying $150 up front to be a member of the teamsters.

that just stood out after reading all this and listening to a discussion on Steve Summers program the other night, I can't make sense of any of this APWA crap.

I want UPSF in my union. Why....strength in numbers. There's too much to loose with Mr. Bush pushing his destruction of the middle class propiganda and giving our jobs to the mexicans. These APWA people have show only a concern for pension. Isn't there more to our daily lives than that, sure it's a part of everybody's future and daily thoughts but there are other PRESENT DAY concerns about our careers too.

I agree.:1036316054: :1036316054:

Darkstar, I know of no one that has been fired for being injured. If you are injured on the job and there is "light duty" work available then they will let you work x number of hours, Depending on what your job is {rddr, pu&d} You probably will not make your regular paycheck but at least you will get something. However , If you are injured off the job you probably won't have any light duty, just policy. As far as using the teamsters for gain and then abandoning them think back, I know it has been hashed out here before { so everybody just chill out for a minute} they made it clear that they were going to put overnite out of business. Well that didn't work so here we go again. It may not be the greatest place but it is better than most of the companies listed on the home page of this forum. Being the IBT is in the business of making sure everyone is treated fairly {money, benefits,....} why not choose to help some of these companies that pay their drivers 35cpm and really are not concerned in the least about the drivers at all? Everyone has a right to believe whatever they wish, Follow whoever they wish. That is what sets this great country apart from every other one on this planet. So pardon me if I don't see things your way. And I can't figure out why someone would come to work for this company knowing full well that it is a non union co. and then try to change it . How would someone be recieved if they were to hire on at Yell@w and then start putting the union down and telling everyone how good they would have it if they would just vote the union out? If you wanted to work for a union company why not go there? Let the bashing begin! :soapbox:

The only thing I have to say about this is we did noy choose to come to work for this company I chose to work for O .Thats whats different .

it really bothers me..

it really bothers me why they would vote that in without seeing what is offered at indy, if they do vote for apwa and then indy gets an agreement for the rest of the country, then they are stuck, and then have to decertify to join teamsters. If it was me at kansas city and gaffney i would be thinking this out a little, chill out wait to see on indy, then make a decision. just putting in my 2 cents.

the thing that gets me is the APWA people were never involvded in union dutys.Never been shop stewarts never been BA's only been brown shirts.MMMMMMMMM

I can't get a hold of Jeff. But I tried to change my email address and now can't log in as Skeeter. Had to create SkeeterUPSF.
Hopefully I can get the other log in name fixed but until then I guess I'll have to start all over. LOL!

Gee wiz Skeeter your post count really dropped off in short order?

I know I had this very same issue and came up with another handle.
But after a few posts CFer figured out it was me old Apostolic.
He PM'ed me and asked me what the heck I was doing posting under another handle?
I told him I couldn't come on the boards with my old handle,he worked his computer magic,and got me back here with good old Apostolic.
The name everyone knows me as.
So maybe you can PM CFer,and he can help you out as well?

I can't get a hold of Jeff. But I tried to change my email address and now can't log in as Skeeter. Had to create SkeeterUPSF.
Hopefully I can get the other log in name fixed but until then I guess I'll have to start all over. LOL!
welcome to the boards SkeeterUPSF. The Wizard will get back to you, be patient!!!

Check you PM Skeeter.