TForce | APWA/IBT NLRB Election to be held at KC

Welcome Frtgy89 to the boards. Point well taking. Wonder why if they are all about parcel workers, they would want to try organize a freight company? How about DHL or FEDEX?

I don't know if it has been posted before, but neither Van or Dan are even union members!! Yea, I'm gonna put my trust in them!! DS.
It's been posted. I can't imagine anybody believing one word out of their mouths. After all, they're nothing more than sorry freeloaders who won't pay their dues. Who on earth would want them for leaders? I wouldn't let them carry my trash away.

It seems really amazing to me that they are still UPS employees?
How they can keep up with the demanding deliveries,and pick-up operation.
And have the time to run a almost a union organization?

Do they have a life outside of all of these activities?
Do they ever sleep?

YUP these guys sound like real workahaulics?

Nite_mare

It seems really amazing to me that they are still UPS employees?
How they can keep up with the demanding deliveries,and pick-up operation.
And have the time to run a almost a union organization?

Do they have a life outside of all of these activities?
Do they ever sleep?

YUP these guys sound like real workahaulics?
I guess if your with your partner 24/7 you can do anything you want,you just have to learn who's paying the bills

I debated on whether to reply to these posts because about 75% of them lack any forethought or inquisitive, constructive thinking about the reall issues that effect your daily lives.

Take for example the post about Van and Danny not being union members. They were faithful, dues-paying Teamsters in 391 for over 50 years combined. But if you were starting a COMPETING union, why would you stay in the union you want to get rid of?

Or the post regarding organizing other parcel companies. You already have a poor example of a multi-employer union. The difference with the APWA is that their attention doesnt get divided between DHL, Carhaulers, and 30 other companies as IBT does now. All their attention goes to making sure the working conditions for the employees of one company, UPS, are what they should be. In the same manner, your union resources won't get diluted either. All of your dues will go towards you and your coworkers and making Mike E life a little less comfortable.

And the reason for including UPS Freight in the APWA.... I'll let you think about that one and come back to it later.

Another post.... Van and Danny are both feeder drivers. They spend most of their time on the phone while driving talkin to people and answering their questions. Their lives have virtually been put on hold for the past few years. It's a wonder their wives haven't divorced them. They are sacrificing for what they believe in.

Finally, Local776's comment of "if your with your partner 24/7".... making jokes and quick one liners makes for good times, but also reflects your intended goal of discrediting the APWA with superficial jokes-- which is mainly what the IBT has been reduced to lately. But if amusements and distractions are the best you have to offer, feel free to go ahead. I won't interrupt your comedy tour anymore.

And back to the question you were suppose to be thinking about. If APWA didn't include the Freight side, IBT would most likely come along and organize you. You would then be stuck in that nightmare, which is reason enough for me, but also the company would play each union against each other during contract negotiations. One unified work force would be most effective against UPS. Unlike now where you have the IBT who is so weakened financially by its other non-UPS members, that UPS is dictating the contract negotiations.

I understand that some of you are so hyped up on the IBT Koolaid that you'll never consider anything else. But for those of you who aren't, make up a list to compare and contrast the differences between what a multiemployer union can do for you and what a single employer union can do for you. If questions arise, contact the APWA officers via their website. I don't expect APWA to beat IBT in every category, but its the grand scheme of things that counts. If APWA can make it in Kansas City, whose to say that can't make it in ____________. (You fill in the blank.)
:shades:

I debated on whether to reply to these posts because about 75% of them lack any forethought or inquisitive, constructive thinking about the reall issues that effect your daily lives.

Take for example the post about Van and Danny not being union members. They were faithful, dues-paying Teamsters in 391 for over 50 years combined. But if you were starting a COMPETING union, why would you stay in the union you want to get rid of?

Or the post regarding organizing other parcel companies. You already have a poor example of a multi-employer union. The difference with the APWA is that their attention doesnt get divided between DHL, Carhaulers, and 30 other companies as IBT does now. All their attention goes to making sure the working conditions for the employees of one company, UPS, are what they should be. In the same manner, your union resources won't get diluted either. All of your dues will go towards you and your coworkers and making Mike Eskews life a little less comfortable.

And the reason for including UPS Freight in the APWA.... I'll let you think about that one and come back to it later.

Another post.... Van and Danny are both feeder drivers. They spend most of their time on the phone while driving talkin to people and answering their questions. Their lives have virtually been put on hold for the past few years. It's a wonder their wives haven't divorced them. They are sacrificing for what they believe in.

Finally, Local776's comment of "if your with your partner 24/7".... making jokes and quick one liners makes for good times, but also reflects your intended goal of discrediting the APWA with superficial jokes-- which is mainly what the IBT has been reduced to lately. But if amusements and distractions are the best you have to offer, feel free to go ahead. I won't interrupt your comedy tour anymore.

And back to the question you were suppose to be thinking about. If APWA didn't include the Freight side, IBT would most likely come along and organize you. You would then be stuck in that nightmare, which is reason enough for me, but also the company would play each union against each other during contract negotiations. One unified work force would be most effective against UPS. Unlike now where you have the IBT who is so weakened financially by its other non-UPS members, that UPS is dictating the contract negotiations.

I understand that some of you are so hyped up on the IBT Koolaid that you'll never consider anything else. But for those of you who aren't, make up a list to compare and contrast the differences between what a multiemployer union can do for you and what a single employer union can do for you. If questions arise, contact the APWA officers via their website. I don't expect APWA to beat IBT in every category, but its the grand scheme of things that counts. If APWA can make it in Kansas City, whose to say that can't make it in ____________. (You fill in the blank.)

And out of the half million UPS employee's, How many employee's are members and have contracts through the APWA????

Or the post regarding organizing other parcel companies. You already have a poor example of a multi-employer union. The difference with the APWA is that their attention doesnt get divided between DHL, Carhaulers, and 30 other companies as IBT does now. All their attention goes to making sure the working conditions for the employees of one company, UPS, are what they should be. In the same manner, your union resources won't get diluted either. All of your dues will go towards you and your coworkers and making Mike Eskews life a little less comfortable.

Well first of all, if we know nothing about what is to be negotiated or what has been negotiated, how can you sit infront of your computer and type that we will be part of a MEPF. The negotiations just mite surprise you.

Secondly, I wonder what the hell happened to Van and Danny in order for them to make such an aggressive move?

Needless to say it is quite irresponsible for them to attempt to split a company allready in turmoil , and negotiating currently, maybe they can split the company and our flexibility within this company will be lost, based on an opposed opinion of 2 unions, sounds grand to me.
I for one will question motives of others who make the attempt on seperating a already in contract negotiating company with a union of choice. Considering the fact they have made no leeway in the package company they were hoping to represent.

Hyperthetically speaking, if you had a lawyer with little experience representing you in a coart of law, with no known track record ,are you willing to put your life on the electric chair for lack of experience?
And would you not say we are in nature doing the same by voting in a union with no track record.

Oh Yes, If I have a problem with MGNT. even though I have a union (APWA)Hyperthetically speaking again, what will Van and Dan do for me if there is no business agent to back up the rules, this far north? Do I wait for next week to continue this episode, as opposed to going down to my nearest hall and filing a greivance?

The Teamsters have contracts in place, we know sometimes they are good at what they do, and other times are not so good . No one will ever be happy with a union, I for one really do not want one to be honest, but is better then being jerked around.

You say to us we are being irresposible in nature for posting quick one liners and superficial jokes, I for one have sat and taken under consideration the rammifications of splitting a company , with a union that has no referrances for us to salivate over.

This whole move by Kansas will be nothing more then trial and error, and in turn who will the APWA mock in contract negotiations, but the Teamsters.

Do not try to sell us your KOOLAID, if UPS wanted to, they could crush the APWA, do not fool yourself, this is nothing more then a game of politics and I hope our patrons in Kansas do not get hurt out of this irresponsible move , I could post more ,if this is your wish ,then I will, and who knows, I for one hope if the APWA does make good strides in representing the people in Kansas , maybe, just maybe ,they may gain a following, but that will be a long bridge to cross first , after all UPS does not recognize them at this point.

Faithful? Faithful has a different meaning to me than backstabbing, undercutting and desertion.
What is the reason for the upstart union?
Why the seperation from L391?
Facts please

Or the post regarding organizing other parcel companies. You already have a poor example of a multi-employer union. The difference with the APWA is that their attention doesnt get divided between DHL, Carhaulers, and 30 other companies as IBT does now. All their attention goes to making sure the working conditions for the employees of one company, UPS, are what they should be. In the same manner, your union resources won't get diluted either. All of your dues will go towards you and your coworkers and making Mike E life a little less comfortable.

Single employer unions have no strength, are ussally controlled by the company to begin with, and lack the power to do anyhting constructive. The IBT can handle the mulitudes of companies because of it structure and finacial resources. APWA does not have the organization or cash to get a family picnic started.
Our dues go toward running the most powerful union in the world. It not here to disrupt business of make CEO "a little less comfortable". Our union is here to protect and represent us.
Good Company + Good Union = Good Job

They included them because they had no takers in the parcel side. UPSF is their only out, they have no other choice but try and get them to make this pipe dream survive

Driving a UPS vechile and talking on the phone is strictly against company policy.
I have forwarded this quote and a link to this page to the Greenboro NC Feeder Trainer and Saftey Manager. Conducting outside business while preforming company duties is aslo strickly prohibited

So in your opinion the IBT has been reduced to oneliners an superficail jokes?
I guess you intitled to your opinion, but we all know about opinions don't we.

First of all, UPS will never play another union angainst the IBT, they are not that stupid. They have many eggs in thier baskets and know how they got there. They've had their eggs broken many times and it was alway the IBT doing the breaking. UPS and the IBT work very well together, they are both good for business

Secondly and problayy more importanly the IBT doesn't "come along" to USPF to organize them. UPSF employees ask for reperesentation they are not solicated like the APWA has done to UPSFreight employees.

Third, stop with the hypocritical statements like "unified workforce". We already have a unified workforce stop trying to divied it so it can be unified in your terms, if that waht you think being unified is.

Why don't you relpy and make a list comparing the two?
Why make the readers of your post do the dirty work.
You want to show the facts, well show them.
Let's see your comparison between the two.

And as far as filling in the blank, LOL.
There is nothing but a blank, that's all you got.
No one could fill in that blank cuz no one wants you.

Well said Teamster251, and others, well said - I wish you well in trying to make these folks see the forest instead of just the trees.

And now that the attention has been successfully diverted from what is going on behind the scenes of UPSF, how many know that you can no longer retire on a "disability retirement"?? That was stopped as of July 1st. MEM has several drivers terminally ill, their disability retirement was not approved. The driver that was fighting it has bone cancer, had to resort to fighting for his benefits his last days. And, guess who is helping him?? NOT the APWA, that's for sure. You got it - the Teamsters.

Chew on that for a while - better stop, take a deep breath, and wonder what else is going on behind your backs while you are fighting about what is the best union. You want someone that is going to go the distance with you? Better think twice about throwing in with an unproven union!

Ever remember that the same TM's, the same management teams that were in place before UPS took over were not replaced? Now you know why. They are on this forum posting their tripe under assumed names, wreaking havoc, keeping everyone at everyone else's throats, keeping turmoil running rampant - and when the dust is settled - who will be the loser? Certainaly not UPSF.

I may be retired, but I certainally regret my fighting the Teamsters all those years ago - and corporate still keeps trying to mess with everyone's minds, even retirees. Get your "stuff" together, quit fighting amongst yourselves, pay attention people, pay verrrry close attention - what you don't know will be your downfall! And, then it will be too late.

Hey Darkstar.........you bring up a good point. I have always wondered about the workers that could have been OVNT/UPSF Teamsters and retired now drawing a Teamster pension. They would still have their 401k and pension. I know hindsight is 20/20..........just wondering. DS.

one thing to think about, apwa has no penison fund money yet ,it will take 20-30yrs untill it gets enought money in a account to pay a pension to anyone.how long must you wait untill you could get a pension?

Hey nospin, here is a little constructive thinking for you, if you can get Van or Dan to pop out of a cake for me at my next birthday, you may frighten me into voting APWA.:hysterical: :hysterical:

Hey nospin, here is a little constructive thinking for you, if you can get Van or Dan to pop out of a cake for me at my next birthday, you may frighten me into voting APWA.:hysterical: :hysterical:
Hey Acc.......all you need to know is that both of them aren't even members of a union and that they want everyone to join theirs...............According to the government every union has to file an LM-2 for tax purposes. They haven't filed.......so tell me............DS.

Hey Acc.......all you need to know is that both of them aren't even members of a union and that they want everyone to join theirs...............According to the government every union has to file an LM-2 for tax purposes. They haven't filed.......so tell me............DS.

I was not aware of the form , but I was under the impression a certain # of people had to be involved and contributing prior to filing this LM-2 Is it ? I get a kick out of this to be honest, I also had to submit this quick oneliner just to read the reactions.