TForce | APWA/IBT NLRB Election to be held at KC

Hey Acc.......all you need to know is that both of them aren't even members of a union and that they want everyone to join theirs...............According to the government every union has to file an LM-2 for tax purposes. They haven't filed.......so tell me............DS.

Good one Docksteward! See how the cowards hide amongst the hard working folks - you UPSF workers need to pay strong attention to what is going on around you. I have been there, done that, and you would be surprised at what is told "in your best interest" that turns out to be a baldfaced lie by upper management.

Did you know that after UPS took over, all workers that were on "light duty" due to various injuries were fired? No lie, just a fact. One of the dock workers I know had a recurring disc problem in his neck, while he was working "light duty" recovering from another surgery due to an dock accident, he was told that there was no such thing as "light duty" at UPS and he was fired. He was not the only one, either. And, yet, here they are right on the same forum as you, telling you anything they can to keep you from knowing the truth. I know for a fact that this forum is read by every management person every day.

They did it constantly during the last union organization, and they participated in the forum as "interested workers" - how do I know? Until they bit me and woke me up, they used to tell me a lot of stuff. Believe me, the pot ("O") cannot call the kettle (Teamsters) black. After the dust settled from the last set to during those dark days, I learned more than I wanted to about the company I used to defend every minute I could.

Now they are using the "APWA" to turn your attention away from themselves and what they are doing. One of my friends uses the term "D.T.T.R." which means "Divert, Turn Tail, Run" - and that is exactly what is happening here with this fubar "APWA". They hit and run once they get your attention diverted, never answer your questions.

A lot of great questions have been asked about this venture in the posts above, and if you do not really take the time to learn all you can about this imposter, you are playing a dangerous game with your jobs and livelyhood. What is in it for the "APWA"? Gotta be something besides what they are claiming. Look what Docksteward found out about them - did you already know that? Did they tell you upfront that they were not even members of a union? How can they expect to know what they can "do for you" - besides blowing hot air up your arse?

Just exactly WHO are these people, and just exactly HOW deep are their pockets? And just exactly WHOSE pockets are they in? They have all these supposed good things for you - too good to be true. They are wet behind the ears, and you don't have time to be training "wet behind the ears" kids to take care of your business. I learned a lot about just exactly what the Teamsters did to help a lot of the Overniters during the strike, maybe if I had listened up during that time, things would have been different. If the APWA is all that great, why are they still in the infant stage? Where are their battle scars? You got lots of older UPSF employees that you cannot fool, lots of younger UPSF employees chomping at the bit, but somewhere, someone is going to have to take the reins and stop the runaway "gossip" and confusion. Until then, you are playing the game according to upper management's plans, and that is no way to have your life run! When the dust settles from this, I hope to be seeing that the best has happened to y'all - you sure deserve the best! And, I doubt very seriously if you will ever see the best side of a deal struck by a "wet behind the ears kid" that doesn't believe in belonging to something they are trying to sell you.

Life is a "B!tch" and then you die - what you do inbetween is what matters. Do not let anyone tell you that you are overpaid - every penny anyone earns in the trucking industry is hard earned, in one way or another. You pay for having the job you wanted in health problems, and here the company is, telling you you are "overpaid". And, donkeys fly, don't they.

Listen very carefully to Teamster251, Docksteward, and the others that are trying to tell you the truth (and, I have not read one word from any of them that cannot be backed up by them), because they do not have one thing to gain from what they are saying - YOU asked for the Teamsters to come to your aid, YOU went to them. Do not use them and then toss them aside once again like yesterday's garbage - you will be making the worst mistake of your lives.

Take care, be well!

Darkstar

Darkstar, I know of no one that has been fired for being injured. If you are injured on the job and there is "light duty" work available then they will let you work x number of hours, Depending on what your job is {rddr, pu&d} You probably will not make your regular paycheck but at least you will get something. However , If you are injured off the job you probably won't have any light duty, just policy. As far as using the teamsters for gain and then abandoning them think back, I know it has been hashed out here before { so everybody just chill out for a minute} they made it clear that they were going to put overnite out of business. Well that didn't work so here we go again. It may not be the greatest place but it is better than most of the companies listed on the home page of this forum. Being the IBT is in the business of making sure everyone is treated fairly {money, benefits,....} why not choose to help some of these companies that pay their drivers 35cpm and really are not concerned in the least about the drivers at all? Everyone has a right to believe whatever they wish, Follow whoever they wish. That is what sets this great country apart from every other one on this planet. So pardon me if I don't see things your way. And I can't figure out why someone would come to work for this company knowing full well that it is a non union co. and then try to change it . How would someone be recieved if they were to hire on at Yell@w and then start putting the union down and telling everyone how good they would have it if they would just vote the union out? If you wanted to work for a union company why not go there? Let the bashing begin! :soapbox:

JBR,
The Teamsters don't go after the .35 per mile Companies because the employees of those Companies don't come to us for help. We don't go after anybody who doesn't come to us first. It's hard enough to organize those who want it with all of the Company lies, threats and intimidation that goes on so they can keep dictating what you'll do, earn, and have in benefits. You probably haven't been around here long enough to remember what Darkstar and others went through at the hands of Overnite Mgmt. Without the Teamsters UPS will rip through the workforce like a chainsaw. Somebody who came to Yellow and talked bad about the Teamsters would change his mind quickly when Yellow screwed with him....I've seen it over and over in my 21 years there and I'll see it again. Why not get the best that the industry has to offer for your family? After all, you work hard for it. Don't you deserve it?

Well 44 I don't know how long long enough is , But I have been around for 20 years. Other than a 4 year stint in the U.S.Army it is the only job I have ever had. and in that time I have seen some bad mgrs. and some loser a$$ sups. And I have also seen some sorry "drivers" {used very loosely} come through these doors . And you figure with over 200 terminals you are bound to run into some bad mgmt. I have had my run ins w/ local mgmt before, and I learned that you should pick your battles. Some of the drivers that came through our doors{5 of them} came from an out of business company that will go unnamed and from the day they walked through the door they started *****in' and talking about wanting the union in. I just don't understand it. The way I look at it, They believe in it and are going to fight to get it in. I on the other hand am going to do what I have to do. So as you can tell I am an old school overniter I did not need a union. I or noone else here knows what the future holds with the big brown machine, Time will tell. And when it's time I will do what I have to do.

JBR,
I meant you haven't been around Truckingboards long enough to remember the things that O Mgmt. did to her. Maybe she'll talk about it some more.
The fact that Companies went out of business had little or nothing to do with them being Union. If that were the case why wouldn't all the Union Companies have folded? I think I know which Company you're talking about that the 5 guys came from and we all know that it was done on purpose.
Old school O is fine, but you'll see that now you definitely need the Teamsters....this isn't O anymore and UPS doesn't play games.

Darkstar, I know of no one that has been fired for being injured. If you are injured on the job and there is "light duty" work available then they will let you work x number of hours, Depending on what your job is {rddr, pu&d} You probably will not make your regular paycheck but at least you will get something. However , If you are injured off the job you probably won't have any light duty, just policy. As far as using the teamsters for gain and then abandoning them think back, I know it has been hashed out here before { so everybody just chill out for a minute} they made it clear that they were going to put overnite out of business. Well that didn't work so here we go again. It may not be the greatest place but it is better than most of the companies listed on the home page of this forum. Being the IBT is in the business of making sure everyone is treated fairly {money, benefits,....} why not choose to help some of these companies that pay their drivers 35cpm and really are not concerned in the least about the drivers at all? Everyone has a right to believe whatever they wish, Follow whoever they wish. That is what sets this great country apart from every other one on this planet. So pardon me if I don't see things your way. And I can't figure out why someone would come to work for this company knowing full well that it is a non union co. and then try to change it . How would someone be recieved if they were to hire on at Yell@w and then start putting the union down and telling everyone how good they would have it if they would just vote the union out? If you wanted to work for a union company why not go there? Let the bashing begin! :soapbox:

Hard core company - yeah, I used to be that way too. Lessons learned the hard way are never forgotten, especially when the dog you had been feeding bites the hand that was feeding and grooming it. Deal with it.

Ok - I personally worked with one of the guys that had been fired because "there is NO light duty work at UPS" - he worked in the office when the terminals were split, was transferred to the dock, where after the terminals in MEM were merged back to Cazassa Road, reinjured a disc in his neck working ON THE DOCK, had surgery again on it, had recurring problems with it, and after UPS took over, "NO LIGHT DUTIES AT UPS". Your statement about always being able to work "light duty" WAS correct at one point, but not NOW. And, 'Spoon was NOT THE ONLY one that got the axe.

The road driver, "Gunsmoke", who ran B'Ham, was the employee with terminal cancer, who was denied a disability retirement. I spoke to a MEM driver today I gave this website address to, if he chooses, he can fill you in on what happened to "Gunsmoke" before he died. $9.00 a MONTH?? Sound like your kind of company? Think again.

The camel that broke the camel's back for me, the defining moment when I knew payback was a b!tch? I had been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome in BOTH arms, had to wear braces to even be able to hold a spoon in my hand without screaming. No sick pay for that. Occupational hazard, but you learn to go on if you want to survive. Once it was known that I was "a damaged employee", the worst jobs to be done in the office were given to me to do. One example - when the computer spit out a rejection on a freight bill for billing errors, a person had to go into files and dig that bill of lading back out, give it to the bill clerks to rebill. No biggie, right? Riiiight. Except when the bill of lading is being pulled for other reasons, it is months if not years old, is in a cardboard box shaped like a file draw (cardboard box, mind you), and they are stacked upon one another from concrete floor to the ceiling, NOT on shelves or any support of any kind, mashed down upon one another, and for a "safety ladder" they gave me a METAL chair to stand on. A freaking METAL CHAIR. To pull bills of lading out of mashed down cardboard file boxes at the top of the heap that is NOT supported by any kind of restraints - and I was wearing arm braces. They thought I would refuse to do it and then they could fire me. Nope - did not work that way. I could not reach boxes on the top, exactly, so they had to send a young man from the dock to pull them down from the top. Next day, doctor day. Doctor took a dim view of their filing system. Considering I had been fibbing to him about my health, and he had told me before that I needed to think about retiring (I am one stubborn, hard-headed woman) because of degenerative arthritis, he informed me that he would not release me to go back to work, and I needed to go talk to the SS people. I followed my doctor's advice. Sure spoiled some best laid plans for management about my continuining employement with "O". That was the icing on the cake. You don't really want to know about the times the office manager, operations manager, others, continually made my life a living hell every day by telling me that MY job classification could be done away with, me fired, and they could hire two part time workers in my place, pay them minimum wage, and no benefits - and other goodies like that. All because I got a wake up call about the truth concerning upper management and treatment of employees they had been lying about. Geeeeesh - imagine that.

"If you want a union, go to work for a union company"?? Straight out of the mouth of management. WHY should someone that has worked for a company, given it the best years of their life, not to mention HEALTH, done everything they could, including working off the clock for a double shift, working on double time cards, lying to the labor board, lying to other employees who were trying to make things better, please tell me WHY that person should have to quit a job and start over??? WTF?? WHAT gets solved that way?? NOTHING!

"they said they were going to put our company out of business" - WHO said that? WHEN was it said? WHO are your witnesses to that statement? Upper management? Leo, Dick, McKenzie?? Now, why would they lie about that statement?? Huh - and donkeys fly.

Get a grip Johnny Big Rigger - life as you knew it under "O" (even as bad as it was), is over. Get used to it. You will get burned just like everyone else has been burned, only worse, because you believe the tripe you are posting here. Anyone that knows me from days gone by knows I only post the truth. You can believe it or not - that is your burden to bear.

Be sure to read my starter post "Shoe Shine Anyone".

Be careful out there.

Darkstar

I came to this company 23 years ago when it was a good company to work for. Over the last 5 years "O" has gone down hill. Even worse now with the UPS take over. I have been trucking for almost 30 years, Never worked for a union company and never felt the need for one. I think different now. And I am not going anywhere. I will finish out my time with a teamster contract.:smilie_132:

When you sign a card for APWA representation,do you also have tp fork over the $150.00 required to joing their group?

Hey now if this is the case,they've already got a $1,125,00,in their bank account.

Thats a nice chunk of change to start with.
But not enough to draw on for a pension if their members want to retire in the near future.

I may be very mis-informed on this point,but it seems I saw in someones post that they wanted to be paid $150.00 to join them?

With the Teamsters union you can wait till a contract is in place with your company, till you start having to pay monthly dues.

Wow!!

Hey guys and gals, I just walked on the moon!!!

Really??

No but I did give up 28 years as a Teamster to join the APWA!!:shock:

:hysterical: :biglaugh: :

The APWA has 75,000 cards signed for the package people. There hoping for a national election, by the end of the year.There are 230,000 teamster members.

75,000?? 75,000?? Don't you know if they had 75,000 cards signed it would be making the headline news? :funky: It would be shouted from rooftops! Good Grief Charlie Brown - more management crapola!! :biglaugh:

Darkstar

I have been a Teamster & now work at UPSF. I have talked to a couple of the APWA supporters. I am not the most knowledgeable person on union issues. However, it took about 3 words to know these "supporters" were totally clueless. Right away they get defensive. Almost to the point of being combative. They kept trying new issues that would not fly. A debate would be the last thing these people would want to take part in. About 2 minutes would expose them to be know nothings. They are 100% based on the "show your I never wanna be a Teamster" attitude, with nothing else to show.

I don't believe that the IBT necessarily has the experience. They are out of touch with the real working teamster. Too many golf trips and trips to Las Vegas to suit me. I am a teamster member and I am starting to question why. The union and the local are not responsive to our grievances and needs but that being said the apwa is a union started by a labor lawyer in washington who decertifys unions and prevents union from being started. Take you choice...not much choice I can see.