TForce | APWA/IBT NLRB Election to be held at KC

I don't believe that the IBT necessarily has the experience. They are out of touch with the real working teamster. Too many golf trips and trips to Las Vegas to suit me. I am a teamster member and I am starting to question why. The union and the local are not responsive to our grievances and needs but that being said the apwa is a union started by a labor lawyer in washington who decertifys unions and prevents union from being started. Take you choice...not much choice I can see.

"the apwa is a union started by a labor lawyer in washington who decertifys unions and prevents union from being started" .... reeeeaaaallllyyyy ..... and it just keeps getting better and better, and I cannot stay away from it.

What is wrong with that picture "webidiot" posted for you? Anyone remember that the lawyer who represented "O" in the previous bout was a union buster too? I do. He was from New Orleans at that time - Hmmmmm - why on earth would a lawyer who has no respect, no use at all for a union, who makes his living and gets his jollies from busting unions - how exactly would it benefit him to start his own union?

More importantly, why would you have to pay (as Apo pointed out) $150.00 to JOIN such a union?!? And, to put the icing on the cake, why would you trust such a venture?? Evidently this guy still believes a truck driver is not an educated person. And, boy howdy, do I beg to differ with him on THAT! I met road drivers that had been policemen, lawyers, nurses, artists, from all walks of life. You really have to have true grit to be a road driver, you have to have it in your blood.

I realize there is a lot of dissatisfaction within the teamsters, but you know, YOU members can do something about that. YOU own that one vote - it belongs to YOU. Not everyone born a Hoffa is Jimmy Hoffa Sr. Why walk away from something you have believed in and belonged to for all these years because (again) of the big-wigs? Think they can't be replaced? Think you will be a target for taking care of yourself? Anyone that remembers the last go around and how I ranted against the teamsters, I never received one bad word from any of the teamsters, not one threat, not one dirty deed. Never happened.

The last thing the upper tier of the Teamsters wants is a complete uprising and dissension in the ranks. No person, no organization is perfect, but it is up to you, when YOU have a vote that counts, to get together and mold it to your needs. The longer you let it go on, the longer you are dissatisfied, unhappy with your job, which leads to other problems, diverting your attention away for the main goal. The upper management of UPSF loves that - so they can continue on their merry way doing the dirty deeds. Your attention needs to be focused on one thing - keep calm, find out all you can about what you need to know, and get on with making your dreams come true. Put this lawyer in his place - throw him out with yesterday's garbage.

Darkstar

Hey webidiot are you a dues paying Teamster?
If so your dues are helping to pay for your local represenetives to represent you when you have unfair contract issues at your terminal.

If your posting here that your not getting representation,I can get the IBT Washington DC headquartrs,phone number for you next week.
And PM it to you.
Or maybe Teamster 251 can PM it to you.

I don't have it off hand myself,but I know who I can get it from.

Like I say if your a dues paying member in good standing,and your dues payments are up to date,then you should get support from your local union hall.
If not you have every right to go over their heads.

I would like to see the movie, Dumb and Dumber, The APWA Way. Thats sure to get a laughed out of a room!!! Especially when they can't come up with any solid facts for the stank and bile and they are waiting for UPS to sit down and negotiate. They will have a better chance at seeing God before that'll happen.

Hey webidiot are you a dues paying Teamster?
If so your dues are helping to pay for your local represenetives to represent you when you have unfair contract issues at your terminal.

If your posting here that your not getting representation,I can get the IBT Washington DC headquartrs,phone number for you next week.
And PM it to you.
Or maybe Teamster 251 can PM it to you.

I don't have it off hand myself,but I know who I can get it from.

Like I say if your a dues paying member in good standing,and your dues payments are up to date,then you should get support from your local union hall.
If not you have every right to go over their heads.

Hey AP, I'm a due paying member. I pay my dues every day I come in and go to work. :biglaugh:

When we become teamsters does that mean we can post on the union forum. :funky:

Well this is the custom of being a true Teamster.
When your a current dues paying card holding International Brotherhood of Teamster member your intitled to everything any other Teamster has as far as the union is concerned.

I know this from my 20.2 years that I was a Teamster member.

Yes you will be able to contribute to the union forum,but you won't be able to ad anymore to the non-union forum.

I don't believe that the IBT necessarily has the experience. They are out of touch with the real working teamster. Too many golf trips and trips to Las Vegas to suit me. I am a teamster member and I am starting to question why. The union and the local are not responsive to our grievances and needs but that being said the apwa is a union started by a labor lawyer in washington who decertifys unions and prevents union from being started. Take you choice...not much choice I can see.

I am a principal officer with my local and a full time feeder driver that has a 55+ hour a week run. I go to the meetings in Vegas to attend the seminars and learn about the new challenges the union is working on for the membership. I bring back alot of info to share with the agents that they can use in the field.
Most of those who attend are doing the same things, for many diffferent crafts.
It is always popular fodder for those who dont have a clue to "assume" that all that is done in Vegas is partying and playing golf.
But we all know what "assuming" and "rumors" have in common..............:biglaugh:

where's the big brown teamsters at on getting this job done through out the ups freight system they should be the biggest barkers on getting there sister co. unionized picket the terminals.

where's the big brown teamsters at on getting this job done through out the ups freight system they should be the biggest barkers on getting there sister co. unionized picket the terminals.
Snake,
Negotiations are not always a speedy process, especially in a first Contract. Surely you don't believe that a strike would help the process along, do you? Once everything is ready it'll happen just like anticipated. Impatience won't hurry anything....it'll only frustrate you.

Debate

I have been a Teamster & now work at UPSF. I have talked to a couple of the APWA supporters. I am not the most knowledgeable person on union issues. However, it took about 3 words to know these "supporters" were totally clueless. Right away they get defensive. Almost to the point of being combative. They kept trying new issues that would not fly. A debate would be the last thing these people would want to take part in. About 2 minutes would expose them to be know nothings. They are 100% based on the "show your I never wanna be a Teamster" attitude, with nothing else to show.
now they only want to debate the package side not the freight side

Teamsters take their name off the ballot in KC

Seems the Teamsters aren't interested in participating in the Kansas City election. The NLRB contacted the IBT and afforded them the opportunity to have their name on the ballot and the IBT declined. Can't speculate as to what reasons they have to deprive the people at the Kansas City UPSF barn the opportunity to vote for the Teamsters. Feel free to contact me for a copy of the letter the NLRB sent to the APWA verifying this information. APWA has made this letter available to its members and it has been posted on other webboards.

Can't speculate as to what reasons they have to deprive the people at the Kansas City UPSF barn the opportunity to vote for the Teamsters.
nospinzone you need to re-spin this one. You know the reasons as well as you know how to spin your apwa crap.

Pay close attention.

The Teamsters and UPs agreed to a card check at one terminal. Then they would proceed to negotiate a model contract that would be presented to that terminals employees for approval and if it is approved it will be presented to all the others for their approval or disapproval.

They are not depriving the Kansas City barn of anything. They will have their opportunity to vote for the Teamsters. Just as soon as the Teamsters and UPS have done what was agreed to.

By the way why are there NO UPS barns organized by the apwa?

I Asked The Question"why Would Anyone Follow People That Threw Rocks At Overnite Drivers During The Strike".you Can Have A Picket Line Without Violence

I Asked The Question"why Would Anyone Follow People That Threw Rocks At Overnite Drivers During The Strike".you Can Have A Picket Line Without Violence
I would not know. I have never thrown a rock at any drivers from any where.
Yes you can have a picket line without violence. I walked one for over 5 months back in '98 and we had 0 violence.
Who you follow is up to you. Where they lead you is another thing. I have always been very careful when I followed anyone and made certain that they knew where they where leading me and had some experience in leading.