ABF | ArcBest races to 52-week high

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3355879-arcbest-races-52-week-high?app=1#email_link

9ScjVvq.jpg

Thanks to our Teamster employees for their hard work and for ratifying the ABF Freight Master Agreement. The champagne is flowing at "The Fort" today!

:burnsauce:

I seem to be missing something; why is this a bad thing? Would it have been better if the stock price had dropped 28% instead of increasing 28%? I'm not wanting to look stupid, I really don't understand.

I seem to be missing something; why is this a bad thing? Would it have been better if the stock price had dropped 28% instead of increasing 28%? I'm not wanting to look stupid, I really don't understand.
Of course you don’t. Imagine that!

ABF always releases their earnings before the market opens but ironically the day of the contract vote it was done after the market closed. Its great we made almost 14 million, but the timing it was released was deceitful to the members who voted....

And,....I can think of ...certain IBT....negotiators......spinning in circles and going: "What?...What?"

Flummoxed again..........Fric and Frac have a new partner.........Larry, Daryll, and Daryll.........

And,....I can think of ...certain IBT....negotiators......spinning in circles and going: "What?...What?"

Flummoxed again..........Fric and Frac have a new partner.........Larry, Daryll, and Daryll.........
WOW, 14 million that's a big number.

Annuity, you've been throwing that word around lately, like a 5 year old who just learned a new word in kindergarten.

How many Teamster pensions, would a 14 million dollar annuity pay a year.

What answer did you get CANARY?

I guess 14 Million ain't that big a number after all, is it.

Did the math for you CANARY,

8000 ABF teamsters, generated enough profit, to purchase an annuity that would provide a yearly pension for less than 13 drivers.

not much profit there for granny, who needs her ABF dividends to buy grocery's with.

Please explain it to me. I see the stock going up as a bargaining position. Do you realize what kind of pressure that puts on company executives?
Ding ding ding! Why bargain the contract before earnings come out! Whole point of this thread. WOW!!!!! That’s why you don’t take the first offer. Smoke and mirrors.

Ding ding ding! Why bargain the contract before earnings come out! Whole point of this thread. WOW!!!!! That’s why you don’t take the first offer. Smoke and mirrors.
We didn't have a choice on when to bargain. The next bargaining date is on or before July 1, 2023. ARCB has flexibility on when to release their earnings report. Our contract has a fixed ending point.

14 million dollars is a weeks payroll at ABF, don't you think the Union should let the stock holders have a few crumbs.

We didn't have a choice on when to bargain. The next bargaining date is on or before July 1, 2023. ARCB has flexibility on when to release their earnings report. Our contract has a fixed ending point.
we could have voted no! Pretty sure you don’t take the first offer on a car do you? If you say yes I believe your an idiot!

It's amusing watching you and GO40 prattle on like it's 1967. you goof balls think 14 million dollars is still a lot of money. not to mention, you talk like there's 50 companies still in the NMFA. I hope your families have taken your car keys.

14 million dollars is a weeks payroll at ABF, don't you think the Union should let the stock holders have a few crumbs.
That’s what they show on freight. They took away all the U-pack, and are selling our freight on the 3pl. Taking freight profits and showing them in non assets companies. It’s against our contract.