ABF | ArcBest unveils density pricing in latest carrier move to shift from class rates

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Established in 1936, classifications were the required formula for rating LTL shipments until motor carrier deregulation in 1980. The system has remained the common model for setting prices. However, critics contend that rates generated from the class system are inherently unfair because they do not reflect the actual dimensions of the shipment.
http://www.dcvelocity.com/articles/...atest-carrier-move-to-shift-from-class-rates/
:6799:

Established in 1936, classifications were the required formula for rating LTL shipments until motor carrier deregulation in 1980. The system has remained the common model for setting prices. However, critics contend that rates generated from the class system are inherently unfair because they do not reflect the actual dimensions of the shipment.
http://www.dcvelocity.com/articles/...atest-carrier-move-to-shift-from-class-rates/
:6799:
Dimensional pricing is a fair way of pricing. Especially when you have shippers saying,for example, 10 skids,weighing 2,400lbs.,stackable auto parts. When in reality,it is ten skids that are 90 inches tall,on say 48X60 pallets,and actually take up a whole pup...not sure why in the article they said only arcbest will use the dimensioned,and not ABF freight?

Dimensional pricing is a fair way of pricing. Especially when you have shippers saying,for example, 10 skids,weighing 2,400lbs.,stackable auto parts. When in reality,it is ten skids that are 90 inches tall,on say 48X60 pallets,and actually take up a whole pup...not sure why in the article they said only arcbest will use the dimensioned,and not ABF freight?
Oh, that's simple. Because only Panther and the other companies Arcbest wants to be profitable will be using it. ABF will be using their new "**** You, Pay Me" pricing formula.

Hey,.....it worked last contract when they took concessions and vacation off their employees,..........
And based on the vote turn out last fall for the IBT General election, it will work again. Dumb sheep following their shepherd. Nothing has changed nor will it. The rank & file are way to complacent for any change to happen. The vote turn out proves that. von.

And based on the vote turn out last fall for the IBT General election, it will work again. Dumb sheep following their shepherd. Nothing has changed nor will it. The rank & file are way to complacent for any change to happen. The vote turn out proves that. von.

I'd like to see it broken down into industries. I suspect freight and carhaul had a big turnout, along with full-time UPS..........

But the nurses, part time UPS, school bus drivers, parking lot attendants,....... and all the other non-core industries they've organized over the years to make up for the dwindling dues revenue caused by the IBT walking away from truck driver organizing....... I suspect there was very little turnout there,...and not because of complacency.

I think many of those industries have frustrated rank-and-file that figure their vote/voice means very little........so why bother?

Freight, though.......We were screwed big-time by both the companies and our so-called "leadership" at the IBT.......I suspect there's a lot of activist anger there.

I'd like to see it broken down into industries. I suspect freight and carhaul had a big turnout, along with full-time UPS..........

But the nurses, part time UPS, school bus drivers, parking lot attendants,....... and all the other non-core industries they've organized over the years to make up for the dwindling dues revenue caused by the IBT walking away from truck driver organizing....... I suspect there was very little turnout there,...and not because of complacency.

I think many of those industries have frustrated rank-and-file that figure their vote/voice means very little........so why bother?

Freight, though.......We were screwed big-time by both the companies and our so-called "leadership" at the IBT.......I suspect there's a lot of activist anger there.
I hope your are correct about the anger. Maybe that anger will show up @ the ballot box next year & maybe that vote will communicate to the company & the IBT just how angered they are. There is hope. Fleeting, but it is there. von.