ABF | Are Concessions Funding ABF’s Exit from LTL Trucking?

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
http://www.tdu.org/are_concessions_funding_abf_s_exit_from_ltl_trucking

tqlWNSV.jpg

You're right Jim! They are wise to us!

:6788:

Last edited:
If true... Wouldn't surprise me.
We have no backup or clout anymore.
Hoffa just sits back and watches the carnage.
Neverending.

There is no pride in being a Teamster anymore, just shame. I threw out all my shirts and jackets.

Truckers are just a nuisance to the Teamsters Union now. They've moved on to government employees where not only are the pockets deep, they're bottomless because the taxpayer picks up the tab.
And, for the most part, they can't close down shop and leave.

And, for the most part, they can't close down shop and leave.
Want to bet? Take Hostess Bakers a few years back. They bankrupt the company forcing it to close which a year later was sold & reopened under a non-union company which it still is to this day. Oh yea, a Federal Judge approved 6 million dollars from the Union Pension Fund to pay the executives more money to help close the company AND they did not have to pay the pension funds. The laws & regulations are very much favored on the side of business, not the workers who keep it afloat.

Now we all know about people’s opinions, they are not worth the spit in a spittoon. But I still say that ABF Freight Lines Division will go under, & will successfully file for bankruptcy allowing all of their pension obligations to disappear. With the 7% giveback & the purchase of many other non union companies, ABF is free & clear of pension fund with drawl penalties. Over the next 10 years I think the cost of bankrupting the fright division versus the profits from the other purchased companies is something they & their stock portfolios can tolerate. Just saying. Von.

Von is absolutely correct. What Teamster leader allows non union companies on union lots to haul union freight? One who sees the exit sign for freight Teamsters. He back stabbingly speaks out on our pension cuts, whether abf freight is here or gone we are cut and done.. yrc and abf employees for the most despise hoffa, so he could care less. I agree, if abf does agree to another contract it will amaze me. Many already see cost crazed things happening, the electronic log system costs, trailer skirts, tractors.. promotions to new positions to under qualified undereducated mgmnt people. Promotions to higher created corporate positions in regions.. as an old CF er,, writing on wall here, buckle in.

But I still say that ABF Freight Lines Division will go under, & will successfully file for bankruptcy allowing all of their pension obligations to disappear. With the 7% giveback & the purchase of many other non union companies, ABF is free & clear of pension fund with drawl penalties. Over the next 10 years I think the cost of bankrupting the fright division versus the profits from the other purchased companies is something they & their stock portfolios can tolerate. Just saying. Von.
It is a very possible exit strategy and you are not alone with your prediction.

Von is absolutely correct. What Teamster leader allows non union companies on union lots to haul union freight? One who sees the exit sign for freight Teamsters. He back stabbingly speaks out on our pension cuts, whether abf freight is here or gone we are cut and done.. yrc and abf employees for the most despise hoffa, so he could care less. I agree, if abf does agree to another contract it will amaze me. Many already see cost crazed things happening, the electronic log system costs, trailer skirts, tractors.. promotions to new positions to under qualified undereducated mgmnt people. Promotions to higher created corporate positions in regions.. as an old CF er,, writing on wall here, buckle in.
I hope we have one more shot at slowing the bleed in 2018, if not anyone of the predictions mentioned above can come true....

Just keep voting yes. Remember we're broke. Just ask the company or the union. And they have decided that the salaries and benefit packages they recieve are more important than ours or our pensions.

Don't be angry with them after all a no vote would have stopped all this in its tracks.

Hoffa and hall keep raking in the money Judy and company keep growing their salaries and all the while we keep losing. I won't say I told you so, that would be tacky. YOUR I TOLD YOU SO BROTHER ALWAYS!

Just keep voting yes. Remember we're broke. Just ask the company or the union. And they have decided that the salaries and benefit packages they recieve are more important than ours or our pensions.

Don't be angry with them after all a no vote would have stopped all this in its tracks.

Hoffa and hall keep raking in the money Judy and company keep growing their salaries and all the while we keep losing. I won't say I told you so, that would be tacky. YOUR I TOLD YOU SO BROTHER ALWAYS!
BTW Brother Muler, a grievance was filed on the Timekeeper revenues being transferred to Panther but our 'union' threw it in the trash. It's not like nobody's trying we just can't get anywhere.