Holland | Are the inbound loads from Columbia, S.C.

Benny Hill

I'm Back (kinda)
Credits
Are the inbound (relay) loads from Columbia, S.C. terrible everywhere or just the ones that come to us? Everybody has a bad day from time to time but every load we get from Columbia is a mess. Does anyone know why?:chairshot:

Benny Hill said:
Are the inbound (relay) loads from Columbia, S.C. terrible everywhere or just the ones that come to us? Everybody has a bad day from time to time but every load we get from Columbia is a mess. Does anyone know why?:chairshot:
Well speaking in general terms from past experience with freight companys.If that is considered an end of line terminal and it closes at night then I would say they stage the freight on the dock and rush load it or they load it as it is broken from other in bound loads and city peddles.These kinds of loads usually look as if they were loaded with bull dozers.

Benny Hill said:

Benny,every load I broke coming from Columbia was terrible.And quit stealing my chairshots(LOL)

Sounds like they hired some of the old Dugan Hands. I used to swear they turned the trailor upside down,Loaded it, Then flipped it back over on its wheels. LOL

SITTIN ON MY HANDS TO KEEP FROM WAVIN. COME ON BACK!!!!!

whoopNride said:
Sounds like they hired some of the old Dugan Hands. I used to swear they turned the trailor upside down,Loaded it, Then flipped it back over on its wheels. LOL

SITTIN ON MY HANDS TO KEEP FROM WAVIN. COME ON BACK!!!!!

Hey whoopNride I was going to say the same thing. I can tell you that the way the old Dugan hands loaded freight was by stuffing it in a cannon and shooting it in the trailer and when us linehaul drivers reached our destination we wold back up to the door at 100 mph and the freight wold unload its self. :biglaugh:

We used to break a lot of Dugan loads to deliver outside their area and they were nightmares. I always called them train wreck loads. Not to disparage dugan folks, we have a few working at our terminal now and they are good guys but WOW was that freight messed up.

I think it has a lot to do with the type of freight that comes out if the term in question.At npme we have a lot of crap freight and I have seen plenty of those so called train wrecks.and then the next day everything standing like a picture...CRAZY