XPO | Are there any DSRs still doing FOS jobs?

Make an educated guess what the average salary is, how much is yours and how much bonus will you get this year and add the two together. You still have not answered how much an average "city DSR" makes. I will make a deal with you, you tell me how much your payed with bonus and I will tell you how much I think I will end up making this year. DEAL?????

I never said I was an FOS. I started out at 900 a week. FOS's get a 10% bonus if we meet 100% of goal. We won't know what percent we get untill after 4th quarter earnings are released. If I had to guess an average City DSR makes about 55-60k. And with a max payout of 150% based off my 900 a week that comes to 53920 total pay.

I never said I was an FOS. I started out at 900 a week. FOS's get a 10% bonus if we meet 100% of goal. We won't know what percent we get untill after 4th quarter earnings are released. If I had to guess an average City DSR makes about 55-60k. And with a max payout of 150% based off my 900 a week that comes to 53920 total pay.

Your username is Whiteshirt, you started the thread called "ask the Whiteshirt" FOS wear a whiteshirt, therefore YOU SAID YOU WERE AN FOS, maybe a FOM??? Does not really matter. I will probably make about 65K this year. Thats working as much as possible Monday thru Friday and signing up for Saturday work.

Your bonus will be HUGE compared to mine but thats fine, it has always been like that. I also, unlike many, feel that MOST FOS earn every $$$. Its not as easy as it looks, its a thankless job most of time, and you guys get alot of grief from top and bottom which drivers do not, all the pressure on us is from above and is easily deflected or filed in the "WHATEVER" area of my brain.

I am curious if the company keeps statistics about what the "average driver" makes??? Do you know?

Your username is Whiteshirt, you started the thread called "ask the Whiteshirt" FOS wear a whiteshirt, therefore YOU SAID YOU WERE AN FOS, maybe a FOM??? Does not really matter. I will probably make about 65K this year. Thats working as much as possible Monday thru Friday and signing up for Saturday work.

Your bonus will be HUGE compared to mine but thats fine, it has always been like that. I also, unlike many, feel that MOST FOS earn every $$$. Its not as easy as it looks, its a thankless job most of time, and you guys get alot of grief from top and bottom which drivers do not, all the pressure on us is from above and is easily deflected or filed in the "WHATEVER" area of my brain.

I am curious if the company keeps statistics about what the "average driver" makes??? Do you know?

really? you dont think that all companys even your local gas station would keep stats on this? of course they do an should.

lets see.....8 hours times 23.55 and hour equates to 188.40 a day...Times that by 5 days a week,that equates to 942.00 dollars.....times that by 52 weeks you get 48,984.00

lets see.....8 hours times 23.55 and hour equates to 188.40 a day...Times that by 5 days a week,that equates to 942.00 dollars.....times that by 52 weeks you get 48,984.00

Maybe A linehaul driver..sure as hell not a city DSR....

Not in the old South, but with OT in central, you would easily hit that average for a DSR(all combined with linehaul pay-average)

The original question : Are any DSRs still "filling in" for FOSs ? Yes , they are apparently. I don't know this but I would bet that the drivers that fill in aren't sent through any extra training. How many drivers that fill in eventually decide to become a FOS ? While there are questions about money , to most drivers it would be a pay cut. Taken from the Con-Way Freight website for a Field Management Trainee - Description of Essential Job Functions:

Participate in a 13 week management training program, working all shifts including days, evenings, nights and weekends, learning details of how to effectively and efficiently lead team members at one of our service centers
Communicate effectively with your trainers, facilitator and Region Manager.
Complete assignments on-time.
Meet weekly goals and objectives.
Safely walk & stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
Safely climb in and out of a tractor cab & trailer.
Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
Master the skills necessary to receive, unload, load, ship and track our freight
Take initiative to learn Con-way operations through the use of online learning, reading, observing and working side by side several of our managers as well as dock workers and drivers
Track and organize freight, manpower and trucks; Organize the logistics operations to run as effectively, efficiently and as safely as possible, maximizing time and profitability
Assist manage a team of 10-30 people, being the go to person at one of our service centers
Directly interface with our customers to process orders, troubleshoot and solve problems.
Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
Perform other duties as assigned.

Qualifications

BS/BA degree (equivalent military or other work experience may substitute).
Transportation/Distribution/Logistics degree programs preferred.
Willing to relocate for future opportunities.
Aptitude for front line supervisory positions and operations management.
Take responsibility for decisions and actions.
Demonstrate the ability to lead and motivate others.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to organize and present information.
Time management skills.
Strong work ethic/stable work history.
Industry experience is a plus.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).

now that's friggin funny,there is NO WAY the average dsr makes 75k LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR

You don't think so? How many dayline and nightline drivers make 85-100k? They bring the average way up. If your in the south you may not believe that but in the west and North City drivers make good money working 60 hours a week when 20 hours are overtime.

You don't think so? How many dayline and nightline drivers make 85-100k? They bring the average way up. If your in the south you may not believe that but in the west and North City drivers make good money working 60 hours a week when 20 hours are overtime.
slimestone just doesn't want to admit he works for a good paying company..a lot make over 90. Its true, slimestone.

You don't think so? How many dayline and nightline drivers make 85-100k? They bring the average way up. If your in the south you may not belive that but in the west and North City drivers make good money working 60 hours a week when 20 hours are overtime.
I don't know what barn you work out of but I don't know any city drivers getting 20 hours overtime