are they serious

airhorn4you

TB Lurker
Credits
in portland they are reclassifying dockers from class A to class B do they want more ulps already lots of things will be going on in the next week or two so be on your toes and document EVERYTHING these guys are up to something

i believe so but will they do anything about it is the question the membership has a decision to make and hopefully the ibt will ask for thier input

Are you suggesting that returning workers should sabotage equipment that will be out on the road with your friends and family members? So let me get this straight, as long as you get your way in the end you are willing to break the law, destroy somebody else's property, and endanger lives of innocent people? That is just the kind of upstanding moral code the Teamsters have become known for.

hmmm. we'll see what they do at auburn. I went back to work thursday, and they haven't mentioned anything like that yet

I think all anyone wants is for Oak Harbor to stop jerking everyone around and lets get back to business. If there are issues to be settled let the lawyers git r done.

Are you suggesting that returning workers should sabotage equipment that will be out on the road with your friends and family members? So let me get this straight, as long as you get your way in the end you are willing to break the law, destroy somebody else's property, and endanger lives of innocent people? That is just the kind of upstanding moral code the Teamsters have become known for.

I don't agree with the sabotage, but lets get this straight Oak H broke the
law in the first few weeks of this strike by putting non drug tested CDL drivers
on the roads. Also (legally) put class C drivers brought in from Labor Ready
to operate rental trucks to make pick ups und deliveries. That was very much
endangering the lives of innocent people. If you have your doubts go to
youtube.com and type in Oak Harbor strike and then come back
and tell us how much this company cares about the publics safety.
Actually just tell us what this company cares about? so we all know
the upstanding moral code Oak Harbor is known for? and please don't
say their fine Christian values. There are none!!!!!!

i started this thread to let people know that ohfl is still up to no good not to endorse sabotage as for the moral code that would be your spin on it just like i could spin it your way as well but i choose to get the facts first did you know that companies were the first to hire goons to shoot and beat up strikers back in the early days of pro labor organizing yet the unions get the bad rap for standing up and defending themselves now i'll agree that we are in a new age but please tell me how a company like ohfl can claim to have upstanding morals or be a family orientated christian company who cares about its employees when they are trying to force inferior /high cost (to purchase & to use )take away sick pay ,take away senority,and a our mediocre pension along with 99 other take aways your pedestal is to high we are just working men and women trying to provide a descent life for our families p.s this was probably by far the most peaceful laid back strike in the history of striking despite what your opinion might be i was dissappointed but like i said we are in a new era

Lets hope the medical and pension come back soon. Their excuse will not last long. Also no one has mentioned the sick leave. Hopefully all of that is not lost.

I can't understand why the company is moving in this direction. If they want rid of us, then lock us out and move on!!

I can't understand why the company is moving in this direction. If they want rid of us, then lock us out and move on!!

according to them they have part in the decert (unlawful). I think this has been started by a back stabber who now knows he made the wrong choice.

from what i am hearing the management crew in pdx are retaliating against the returning strikers they are no longer following the discipline policy instead going right to suspensions and i am kinda curious whith what has happened to all our senority by what rules are these guys playing by do they think that because we called off the strike that we caved in and gave everything up i am afraid that they have not learned anything from the last 5 months i guess the bright side to that would be those that do not learn from their mistakes allways find themselves in the same problem time after time

according to them they have part in the decert (unlawful). I think this has been started by a back stabber who now knows he made the wrong choice.

It says right on the form if at least 30% of the workers agree with the De-cert which is totally not true. Sure, some of the Idaho and smaller terminals might be de-certified but Auburn and Portland have too many Union supporters.

I think 763 (the corporate and Auburn office) might have a little trouble since half of corporate crossed and about 2 or 3 crossed at the Auburn terminal.

There are so many improprieties with those decert applications that the NLRB will toss them out before they even get going. Mark my words...

It says right on the form if at least 30% of the workers agree with the De-cert which is totally not true. Sure, some of the Idaho and smaller terminals might be de-certified but Auburn and Portland have too many Union supporters.

I think 763 (the corporate and Auburn office) might have a little trouble since half of corporate crossed and about 2 or 3 crossed at the Auburn terminal.
Don't think for one minute you all are not in ONE bargaining unit. They are trying to divide and conquer but it should not work. I remember hearing at the beginning of negotiations that the company was trying to bargain some stuff in the preamble (which describes the bargaing unit) that would split it up. Well even if the company had achieved that goal, that contract is not in place. You bargain as one unit, have a grievance procedure through one unit and the NLRB also stated that the locals not out on charges were out on strike in simpathy of the ones out for the charges. ONE UNIT, ONE PETITION .

The 30% is needed for the decert to be brought to a vote. If the scumbags can get 50% to sign the petition that may change some things but they won't even get 20% so I do not think there will even be a vote. I also am quite sure your local unions will be/have filed blocking charges so that it could be drug through the process for a while and potentially blocked anyway.