Are we getting worse???????????

I have also noticed how Saia and NEMF combined would make a nationwide LTL carrier. People at my terminal swear I'm nuts. I believe the onlly overlapping areas would be the "new" NEMF terminals. Saia recently purchased a small LTL company to put them into the Ohio area. Who will be their next purchase to buy into the northeast market? Land Air express of Vermont or NEMF? There aren't many choices. NEMF is a better bet.

I have also noticed how Saia and NEMF combined would make a nationwide LTL carrier. People at my terminal swear I'm nuts. I believe the onlly overlapping areas would be the "new" NEMF terminals. Saia recently purchased a small LTL company to put them into the Ohio area. Who will be their next purchase to buy into the northeast market? Land Air express of Vermont or NEMF? There aren't many choices. NEMF is a better bet.

ward, duie pyle would be a fit also. maybe new penn, if yrc would sell, which is unlikely. the teamster issue would also spoil the new penn possibility. don't feel bad, i'm told i'm nuts for thinking this too. as skeeter always says, "time will tell".

ps, the company they bought in ohio was "The Connection", a company they formed an interline partnership with several months before they bought them. guess they like to "try before they buy".

Agreed. LandAir is owned by a couple of young brothers who want to agressively gorw the business. From what I hear in Newburgh, the family will never sell. The way NEMF has been going lately it would seem more likely that LandAir would buy NEMF!!:butt kiss:

Until the owner dies, the company will not be sold..He's got to be in his 70's now. How long will that be? The only thing he's sold out so far is the family......

Until the owner dies, the company will not be sold..He's got to be in his 70's now. How long will that be? The only thing he's sold out so far is the family......

i do believe he's setting it up for a sale real soon. he's got all the money he needs right now. he doesn't need the headaches anymore. a "few more dollars" from a sale will set him up forever. look at some of the remodeling he has had done at many terminals. no one would buy trashy looking terminals then remodel them at additional costs. if any other LTL company were to buy them right now, they can close their older terminals and move right into a newer facility.

..."he doesn't need the headaches anymore"
isn't that why he hired a president, ceo to
take care of those headaches and according
to all the press, double the size of the co by 2011

Our "newer" facilities don't look that great! Plus he is heavy into real estate. It would be no different than you remodelling your kitchen. It would bring up the value of your house, but you may not necessarily sell it...
Pro1, I can remember you saying things about the headaches in driving. But you still continue. Why? Because thats what you know, are good at, and you still have a passion for it somewhat. I don't mean headaches from companies. I mean to say about the job in general..

doesnt yellow own saia they did at one point

Pro1, I can remember you saying things about the headaches in driving. But you still continue. Why? Because thats what you know, are good at, and you still have a passion for it somewhat. I don't mean headaches from companies. I mean to say about the job in general..

yes, and when i used to "turn wrenches" i had a "passion" for that too till it just had to get out of my blood, but frankly, i still get the "urge" to get back into some sort of "wrenching" job.................but then the thought of the expenses of tools and what not, wake me up, and you have some of those tools you bought from me, remember....??

any "passion" i had for driving, pretty much flew out the window the first time i rolled down that window for some fresh air.

the paychecks are mine to keep each week, not the toolmen who come to the garage to collect for that huge toolbox with all the goodies in it.

there really aren't too many jobs that pay as well as a driver's job, so many of us stick to it for the higher income over some other careers out there. the headaches will continue till the day i die, and i will forever complain about them, as well as so many others drivers do.

i am good at what i do as a driver, you are good at what you do as a "wrencher", and so many other drivers/wrenchers as well.

long gone are the days of a *simplistic job* where all anyone had to do was show up, and do "your thing". downsizing, added responsibilities, longer work days/hours, customer service, pricing, and the list goes on, adds to the daily stress/headaches we all deal with.

when i said that Mr.S doesn't need the headaches, i know he has top brass in place doing thier jobs, but the ultimate responsibility still lays on his doorstep, as its HIS name on the legal documents.

to sell off the company is in his best interest, you know, be done with it......

he just doesn't need to be reminded each and every time something drastic happens on the road or where ever else. a company as large as nemf is better off with a consortium of corporations as owners/stockholders.

i give nemf less than 2.5 years to stay a "family business"...............this is from the original 5 years me and some of the guys were talking about, just before i quit there.........2.5 years ago..............

they did...the same man who owns new century owned jevic...thats why most places that had jevic trailers docked are now having new century trailers getting the freight mostly truckload from what i hear