Central Transport | Are we too far gone

Nothing is certain. I do not think the board even knows how it will all end.

However, since CK got here he has cleverly accomplished one thing for sure. He has stuff Vitran U.S. full of people who are his followers. These people have come here because they know CK and his ways. CK has bought their loyalty with Vitran's money. They know how to operate under him and what to do. CK has fundamentaly changed the corp in a way that it would cause a lot of trouble for him to be done away with. If corp has an issue with CK they have to have an issue with his installations.

From truck drivers to VP CK has surrounded himself with his soldiers.

My question is how can CK be replaced?

Of course there are a few exceptions to this. Train can tell you about a TM that broke from the CK way and moved on.

If CK's plan continues to fail changing course means gutting the ranks again and I do not think the investors have the patience or money to do this again. You can only bend a piece of metal so many times before it breaks.

So, my guess is CK is here to stay until he lands another gig or we crash. I cannot see him staying here until the end though. He will see the writing on the wall and bail I would guess.

I agree with you Luci.Just put the question forward to get the thoughts of my cowprkers.Vitran saddled up sJackass to compete against an industry full of through breeds.

I think it goes back before CK to gaetz, when he took a big fat loan covered wallet and bought company after company, even when the economy was tanking he kept buying, the PJAX buyout was marginal at best but the Milan buyout ( no offense to the milan drivers) was just plain stupid, he should have been concentrating on keeping us profitable with the economy going south and maybe partnered with Milan for a buyout when the economy rebounded, now we have made so many customers mad that we have to haul for pennies on the dollar just to keep their business, hopefully we can hold on long enough to charge quarters on the dollar, but I'm not holding my breath, hope we pull out I have WAY to much time to start over somewhere else.

I think it goes back before CK to gaetz, when he took a big fat loan covered wallet and bought company after company, even when the economy was tanking he kept buying, the PJAX buyout was marginal at best but the Milan buyout ( no offense to the milan drivers) was just plain stupid, he should have been concentrating on keeping us profitable with the economy going south and maybe partnered with Milan for a buyout when the economy rebounded, now we have made so many customers mad that we have to haul for pennies on the dollar just to keep their business, hopefully we can hold on long enough to charge quarters on the dollar, but I'm not holding my breath, hope we pull out I have WAY to much time to start over somewhere else.

PJAX purchase would have been very smart except they paid 132 million and 13 million in Vitran stock to the Hammel family. The Hammel family could not have been more fortunate than selling at that time in Nov 2006. Two years later ( 2008) and the company at best would have sold for 40 million. So Fudgie, Vitran paid way too much to purchase PJAX but had it been cheaper it would have been an excellent purchase. The Milan , the Chris and the Sierra West purchases were a complete joke. Broke Dick trucking companies that had little coverage and served very few states 100% direct which is the name of the game. The Quast purchase was a good one but again they paid too much and the integration of the two companies was horrific. Keylon is a joke, he lays all the blame on Gaetz, Kosovec, Kimack and all the others. He is just like Obama, still blaming G.W. Bush for all his problems.

You are a smart guy Fudgie, you are a great city driver that cares. How much bill count ( inbound and outbound) has your terminal lost the past year since your sales reps moved on and the other 30 reps that moved on system wide. My guess is you are down at least 27%, we are screwed my brother, we are screwed.

Nothing is certain. I do not think the board even knows how it will all end.

However, since CK got here he has cleverly accomplished one thing for sure. He has stuff Vitran U.S. full of people who are his followers. These people have come here because they know CK and his ways. CK has bought their loyalty with Vitran's money. They know how to operate under him and what to do. CK has fundamentaly changed the corp in a way that it would cause a lot of trouble for him to be done away with. If corp has an issue with CK they have to have an issue with his installations.

From truck drivers to VP CK has surrounded himself with his soldiers.

My question is how can CK be replaced?

Of course there are a few exceptions to this. Train can tell you about a TM that broke from the CK way and moved on.

If CK's plan continues to fail changing course means gutting the ranks again and I do not think the investors have the patience or money to do this again. You can only bend a piece of metal so many times before it breaks.

So, my guess is CK is here to stay until he lands another gig or we crash. I cannot see him staying here until the end though. He will see the writing on the wall and bail I would guess.

CK is not running the company anymore, the board of directors is, specifically Dave McClimon. CK is nothing more than a puppet on a string. They are leaving him in place as not to upset the market.

Pjax was a very profitable company when vitran bought them out. We had pretty damn good health insurance, got a pay raise every six months,safety bonuses every year. The one thing i noticed the most since vitrans buyout is how little respect vitran has for their drivers. At my terminal this is one of the biggest reason we have so many good p&d drivers leaving.

No we are not too far gone....At least not yet. Dave McClimon has something up his sleeve....Changes coming this winter.

after the merger the vitran legacy workers were treated badly by the pjax mgt, remember pitt was running everything . pjax terminals were dirty in need of repair pjax equipment in bad shape . vitran had to buy too many new trailers to haul GM freight. most of the vitran freight accounts were lost because of the pjax mgt mishandling them

after the merger the vitran legacy workers were treated badly by the pjax mgt, remember pitt was running everything . pjax terminals were dirty in need of repair pjax equipment in bad shape . vitran had to buy too many new trailers to haul GM freight. most of the vitran freight accounts were lost because of the pjax mgt mishandling them

I hear this back and forth between Vitran and PJax all the time. Vitran and PJax were both the best companies to work for untill the merger. I say people have white washed their experience before the merger kind of how we remember our teen years as being so great.

There were problems on both sides before and the merger and management after was handled terribly.

No we are not too far gone....At least not yet. Dave McClimon has something up his sleeve....Changes coming this winter.

Changes coming before the weather turns cold Train. Heard today that we are on track to lose 5.76 million this month as bill count and revenue continues to stumble. We keep this pace up and we are on track for another 17 million dollar 3rd Q loss. Canada is not going to allow this nonsense to simply go on.

I agree........There comes a time in life and in business when you must walk away. Stop the bleeding and simply move on.