Yellow | Are you being followed?

edgefan57

TB Lurker
Credits
I received a Warning letter for going 60 in a 55.
Are they allowed to spy on us like that and use radar guns?:maddance3:

Not sure, but reminds me when I was in the city operation, and came down a hill(Hackets) about 75mph and passed a car filled with both our city dispatchers, a t.o.m., and a salemen. Never said a word to me when I got back.

Not sure, but reminds me when I was in the city operation, and came down a hill(Hackets) about 75mph and passed a car filled with both our city dispatchers, a t.o.m., and a salemen. Never said a word to me when I got back.

:1036316054: Would of love to been a fly in the car.

EdgeFan57 said:
I received a Warning letter for going 60 in a 55.
Are they allowed to spy on us like that and use radar guns?:maddance3:
Did they say they had a radar device and tracked your speed?

:1036316054: Would of love to been a fly in the car.
Truthfully, if you didn't know, I am friends with both of the city guys, Bruce before I even started at the Big R and the other by mutual contact. They passed me up the hill, so I thought it was only fair that I'd pass them down.
By the way, one night I had a 80+ volvo and was coming up the last stretch by the 302, and was pushing my 14, and blow by the Jap at 80, thought then I was going to get the boot.

They Just wanted to get the freight there in a hurry. They probably said "theres a hard working driver." LOL

I came off Six Flags hill on I-20 one time, In the left lane ( violation ).
Out of gear (violation )
75 in a 55 ( violation )
Passed Brian C_rran, So. Div. V.P. in his SUV.
I got in and there was a message " you go driver"
I never mentioned it to him , nor him to me.

THis is what I heard.yrwc has an outside saftey company checking on drivers.It just started in ohio and will spread out.also I was told buy a holland driver that they were told leaving before there times or running hot they will face discipline actions.

THis is what I heard.yrwc has an outside saftey company checking on drivers.It just started in ohio and will spread out.also I was told buy a holland driver that they were told leaving before there times or running hot they will face discipline actions.
What's Your hurry driver? Take it easy, The freight will get there even after your dead.

Red Star had a safety man years ago, he would sit on I 95 south of the G W bridge, on the jersey side with a radar gun, near the I 80 split...i know one driver got a letter for speeding, challenged it, never heard about it again...

Red Star had a safety man years ago, he would sit on I 95 south of the G W bridge, on the jersey side with a radar gun, near the I 80 split...i know one driver got a letter for speeding, challenged it, never heard about it again...

Red Star also had a bigshot sometime back in the 80's that tried that outside of Pittsburgh a couple of times until one night he got locked up for interfering with police operations.

This guy was a real jerk. He clocked our shop steward going 30 in a 25 zone and made the TM write him a warning letter.

We all threatened to go home sick, and the TM recinder the letter, so the jerk Bill Sha**** fired the TM.

Article 26
NMFA

Section 3. Computer Tracking Devices

Computer tracking devices, commonly known as “Black Boxes”, mandated by regulations shall not be used for disciplinary purposes, except in those incidents of violations of Federal Mandated Regulations or when an employee has intentionally committed malicious damage to the Employer’s equipment or when an employee has unsafely operated the Employer’s commercial motor vehicles.

safety cars

Out here at 859 they use to have a white ford car that said Roadway safety on it. He would follow city trucks and line haul out on I-40 & I-25. I have not seen the car in a long time.

Had the ATM following me a few years back as another driver called me telling me that I was being tailed. Solved that problem as I enter an military base which he couldn't access and I exited out the back gate:tongue0015: :hysterical: :smilie_132: He asked me where I was going and I asked him was he lost??? End of that conversation:hysterical:

What I understand is that RDWY has hired a vendor to safety check us. So, in OH, IL,etc, do 55. When they ask you why you are late, or cannot turn..tell them you were going by the book.

Article 26
NMFA

Section 3. Computer Tracking Devices

Computer tracking devices, commonly known as “Black Boxes”, mandated by regulations shall not be used for disciplinary purposes, except in those incidents of violations of Federal Mandated Regulations or when an employee has intentionally committed malicious damage to the Employer’s equipment or when an employee has unsafely operated the Employer’s commercial motor vehicles.

or when an employee has unsafely operated the Employer’s commercial motor vehicles
that leaves a big opening, who's to decide whats unsafe. The tm or the captain of the ship?

Ok I can't hold it any longer. One time I was followed by a black blazer with blacked out windows. The one that looks like the secret service. I was followed for about 20-30 miles. I finally called 911 on my cell and they told me to get to a safe place. I did. It was a customers dock that I knew well. I told them were I was at. The police showed up and was questioning him for a long while. It ended up being my driver supervisor. :hysterical: He said they checked him for warrants and he still had out of state drivers license's from where he transfered to our facility. They told him to get it straight. He told me that I ran a yellow light. I said yeah I did and it was red when you went threw it.:biglaugh: :biglaugh: He let it all go and told me I done the right thing as long as I did not know who it was.