Yellow | Are you being followed?

We have a third party observation crew that follows us around with radar and a dash cam. We are rewarded for safe driving habits and penalized for bad habits. Our handbook outlines penalities for excessive speeding. Over 76mph dismissal, and points issued for speeds down to 71mph. A driver has 14 points max. These points are also taken away for accidents.

As a side note, 671 spent a reported $60,000 (low) for all of these "security cameras". Now we're getting a high tech gate that you have to scan your badge to get into the fort!!! I guess if they want to lock us out all they have to do is turn off the gate!!!:duh: But I never felt more secure at work. What a waste. DS.

Same thing here at 809.

Camaras all over the place, new electric fence all around the property and you have to have your ID badge to "fast track" you though the turnstile to get to dispatch.

What a crock !

Same thing here at 809.

Camaras all over the place, new electric fence all around the property and you have to have your ID badge to "fast track" you though the turnstile to get to dispatch.

What a crock !
I understand that some RDWY terminals aren't in the best locations. Everyone that has been to 671 knows it right off a main highway, surrounded by resturants!! No big threat there. I'm thinking if someone wants to do harm to the terminal or the employees, the fence or the automatic turnstyle ain't gonna hold them back!! Of course everyone has full access to the employee parking lot. We do have ABF and Yellow on both sides of us now!!!:hide: My question is........can I give an extra badge to the pizza girl?? Or do I have to get DHS on the phone first?:duh: DS.

They have been doing this in Bloomington (830) for a while. They are using the Yellow trackers and we have had 4 or 5 guys fired for taking naps and not logging them. Seems they don't like hourly line haul drivers sleeping 2 or 3 hours to go 130 miles. All the guys fired got their jobs back and were told NO NO!! Just remember to log it and show it as fatique and no one can do anything about it.

We had several men in the Louisville, KY area that were either written up or fired this week at Yellow, Roadway and ABF for not logging lunch's and breaks. Watched them at several locations and then got one for putting No LUNCH on his card. Be Careful and watch your backs.

I understand that some RDWY terminals aren't in the best locations. Everyone that has been to 671 knows it right off a main highway, surrounded by resturants!! No big threat there. I'm thinking if someone wants to do harm to the terminal or the employees, the fence or the automatic turnstyle ain't gonna hold them back!! Of course everyone has full access to the employee parking lot. We do have ABF and Yellow on both sides of us now!!!:hide: My question is........can I give an extra badge to the pizza girl?? Or do I have to get DHS on the phone first?:duh: DS.

LOL!!

Inbound and outbound gates were always open until a month ago, even after they had the system installed, but not as of Nov 16, 2006. Still have a guard watching our cars out in the parking lot, so thats a good deal.

Now they have call boxes at all the gates at 809 to call in to the dispatch office, for the cabbies coming in to take drivers to the hotel or in case one of the drivers left his RW ID card at home or lost it.

All someone has do is wait until a driver opens the gate and follow them in anyhow, so its a big waste of money IMO.

Well, thats post 9/11 history for you, I guess.

120 gate is a joke, I could walk in there, especially now in the cold. Cause with the cameras, I don't want them to see my purdy face, hop in a set pull up to the gate and ring the bell. They just push the button, never look.

According to Nick T. (Cols, OH manager), the company has contracted with a group of retired Highway Patrol Officers who had nothing better to do with their retirement years so they formed a group of stalkers to follow us around. My Brother-in-law (works here too) was recently warned that he had been followed 3 times recently, and shame, shame, shame; SPEEDING. Hope his sentence is light.