Estes | Are You Guys Now 3rd Largest?

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
You guys were the biggest in my opinion thorn in Yellow Freights side as far as competition goes, it's not talked about a lot, but you guys in my opinion were very steep extremely steep competition for Yellow and you guys are pretty much the same size as Yellow there revenue was just a hair more then you guys not even a million dollars a year more, so I guess that means you guys take Yellows place on the board and go from number 4 to 3 correct as far as largest national LTL carriers in the country?

You guys were the biggest in my opinion thorn in Yellow Freights side as far as competition goes, it's not talked about a lot, but you guys in my opinion were very steep extremely steep competition for Yellow and you guys are pretty much the same size as Yellow there revenue was just a hair more then you guys not even a million dollars a year more, so I guess that means you guys take Yellows place on the board and go from number 4 to 3 correct as far as largest national LTL carriers in the country?
I think we were 5th behind FXF, OD, XPO Yellow and barely behind ABF. It was close so yeah we’re either 3rd or 4th now.

Estes owns quite a few yellow terminals too so it’ll be interesting to see if we use those to expand… or what their plan is for them.

Thanks I knew you guys were up there wasn’t sure how you all fit in with XPO and OD, but again just my opinion, you guys were Yellows biggest competitor anytime they talked about losing business your guys name always came up.

Are you guys going to move into all the old yellow-holland barns that you bought few years ago ??

It will be a while till it winds thru Bankruptcy court.
Estes already owns those facilities. Yellow has no debt tied to them nor do they have ownership interest in them. A bankruptcy court won’t prevent Estes from using their own facilities.

As far as the equipment is concerned, when Central Freight Lines went out, Estes purchased several tractors, trailers, and terminals way before the bankruptcy was finished. Like within weeks of the company closing.

Estes already owns those facilities. Yellow has no debt tied to them nor do they have ownership interest in them. A bankruptcy court won’t prevent Estes from using their own facilities.

As far as the equipment is concerned, when Central Freight Lines went out, Estes purchased several tractors, trailers, and terminals way before the bankruptcy was finished. Like within weeks of the company closing.
Pyle owns the New Penn Maspeth terminal, the gates are locked and its full of equipment. IF Yellow was leasing the terminal back from Estes the lease is still in effect since YRC has not declared bankruptcy. Even when they do its will be up to the judge or administrator of the bankruptcy when anything can move out of the yard. When Land Air Exp of New England went bankrupt the terminals they had leased sat empty while in the courts hands. They finally settle it after almost a year( in mid 2023).

Pyle owns the New Penn Maspeth terminal, the gates are locked and its full of equipment. IF Yellow was leasing the terminal back from Estes the lease is still in effect since YRC has not declared bankruptcy. Even when they do its will be up to the judge or administrator of the bankruptcy when anything can move out of the yard. When Land Air Exp of New England went bankrupt the terminals they had leased sat empty while in the courts hands. They finally settle it after almost a year( in mid 2023).
We’re both making assumptions here so we will have to see. These companies can be creative so it wouldn’t be surprising to see Estes take possession before the month is over. For all we know, the lease may have been month to month and terminated when the company ceased operations. The Estes family didn’t buy those terminals out of the goodness of their hearts so it will all depend on how good the contract is and if it can be enforced outside of bankruptcy court.

Id say we will being seeing some yellow tractors and trailers on our yards eventually to be re stickered