Are you in support of 18 to 20-year-olds being able to cross state lines

Are you in support of 18 to 20-year-olds being able to cross state lines

• Support

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Opposition

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
pour some wine over the toughness and let it marinate overnight, then you'll "get it", or "getoverit"
I'll send you a block of that cheese, I'm sure you could put it to better use for yourself! LOL.... Not everyone has to agree, only agree to disagree! This is not the who's last thread!! So go ahead and get the last poke in, as I'm sure you will.I stand by what I said,not everyone is immature as others... There are 18 year olds who I would trust doing this job with more than most 30 year olds I have seen doing it lately! After 43 years I have pretty much seen and Heard it all...
And The Survey Says.........

Last edited:
There are 18 year olds who I would trust doing this job with more than most 30 year olds I have seen doing it lately!
No doubt that there is a big difference between experience and competence and it would be unwise to confuse the two. However, statistics do prove that lack of experience (which we have all suffered from) increases the possibility of accidents and poor judgement calls. I would not consider it wise to put 80,000 lbs in the hands of one not experienced in life.
After 43 years I have pretty much seen and Heard it all..
Even a wise man knows that he has never seen or heard it all...

No doubt that there is a big difference between experience and competence and it would be unwise to confuse the two. However, statistics do prove that lack of experience (which we have all suffered from) increases the possibility of accidents and poor judgement calls. I would not consider it wise to put 80,000 lbs in the hands of one not experienced in life.

Even a wise man knows that he has never seen or heard it all...
I did say pretty much seen it all, and the quote was referring to truck drivers!! Not all things in life in general... Everyone starts somewhere, none of us came out of the box as salty ole dogs, although quite a few like to think they did.... I learn something new every week!

we have no draft. many join the military of thier own free will. they are as trained as can be. if they get body parts blown off, or killed, it's too bad, but that shyte happens. once signed up for the military, thier ass belongs to Uncle Sam and where he sends them

the training for truck drivers is far different from the military, another poster already said that, or can't you read..????

others here are also saying a resounding NO to 18 yr olds behind the wheel of a big rig.
??? Must have looked at the wrong Survey?? Hmmmmm!

I say yes and maybe limit the miles and hours they can drive. now a 18 yr old can drive from Memphis to the NC line 450 miles but can't drive from Memphis to west Memphis 4 miles just because of a invisible line.

I'll send you a block of that cheese, I'm sure you could put it to better use for yourself! LOL.... Not everyone has to agree, only agree to disagree! This is not the who's last thread!! So go ahead and get the last poke in, as I'm sure you will.I stand by what I said,not everyone is immature as others... There are 18 year olds who I would trust doing this job with more than most 30 year olds I have seen doing it lately! After 43 years I have pretty much seen and Heard it all...

what i underlined..

that has been said by others in this industry long before you "came up with" that.....

as for that block of cheese, please make it an aged Provolone, whether it be a ball or rectangular block, makes no difference to me.

given that many young ones are very good at school massacres, they make good killers in the military.

i see no rhyme nor reason to hand them over the keys to an 80,000 missile, unless it is aimed at an Isis target or other 3rd world country we need to be rid of, so we Americans can have yet another vacation paradise...where the Wheel of Fortune can send the lucky winner.

After 43 years I have pretty much seen and Heard it all...

then it is time for you to retire, you are a danger out there since you, "know it all" from what you have seen.......in your spectacular 43 years.

what i underlined..

that has been said by others in this industry long before you "came up with" that.....

as for that block of cheese, please make it an aged Provolone, whether it be a ball or rectangular block, makes no difference to me.

given that many young ones are very good at school massacres, they make good killers in the military.

i see no rhyme nor reason to hand them over the keys to an 80,000 missile, unless it is aimed at an Isis target or other 3rd world country we need to be rid of, so we Americans can have yet another vacation paradise...where the Wheel of Fortune can send the lucky winner.
I think the ball would work better under the circumstances! Might be easier to place with the instruction's I send with it!!!

Last edited:
then it is time for you to retire, you are a danger out there since you, "know it all" from what you have seen.......in your spectacular 43 years.
What a dramatic rendering from such a simple statement! You have a flair for dramatic's, such as your unbelievable issues with one's insurance company! I know it must be painful, because it is definitely painful to read!!

What a dramatic rendering from such a simple statement! You have a flair for dramatic's, such as your unbelievable issues with one's insurance company! I know it must be painful, because it is definitely painful to read!!
i took up drama at night school.

i can out drama the best of 'em.

i took up drama at night school.

i can out drama the best of 'em.
For once we most certainly agree! Good luck.... With your case and all.. I do have a soft spot in my heart for folks with back issues. As I myself have had a couple surgery's,and 1 more to go before I retire......

For once we most certainly agree! Good luck.... With your case and all.. I do have a soft spot in my heart for folks with back issues. As I myself have had a couple surgery's,and 1 more to go before I retire......
they certainly ain't any fun.

thanks, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

But yet it's OK to send them overseas to get their asses shot off or worse?????

They get a lot more training than 3 weeks before they go overseas. And as far as that goes why can we send them overseas even with that training but they can't have a drink till they are 21? Same argument.
But for driving I would say "NO". My reason would be with all the bullshit we have to put up with out here today they will need a drink when they go home.
As for sending them overseas at that age, we have it all backwards. They need to me sending us old farts over there that only have our "Golden Years" to look forward too. We would welcome to opportunity to miss long afternoon naps, diapers, drool running down out chin, and the weekly trips to the doctors to adjust out meds. Let the young men and women who have not lived yet do exactly that LIVE!!!