ABF | Arkansas Best Corp Announces Change To Its Non-Union Pension Plan!

The conspiracy theory continues.I guess we'll find out this coming week what their proposal is.Mean while YRC should get their own house in order before they even think about buying another company.First quarter in the last 16 where they hardly squeaked out a profit if thats what you want to call it,and now they want to buy another company!Welch said in a interview that he was disappointed that ABF went public about the offer.Tell the truth Welch!You were worried about the outrage your employees would have if they found out.Well guess what Mr.Welch they are pissed off and rightfully so.The union should hold their feet to the fire and get these brothers and sisters back everything that was taken from them before they can even think about buying anything!Better yet just leave us ABF people alone!

Akita, the union employees of YRCW should be jumping up and down and applauding Welch for wanting to acquire ABFS. It is some of the ABFS union employees that are facing elimination if a merger is completed. An acquisition like this is the only way Welch will ever be able to return wage concessions to all YRCW employees, not just union employees that took pay cuts. Teamsters vision is clouded because Zollars was clueless on how to properly merger two and three trucking companies. The recession hit, and well the rest is history and a lot of people got hurt. That is why YRCW stock is going up. People now see a possible light at the end of the tunnel and they might actually survive. YRCW does not want the union to ratify the contract proposal on the table at ABFS. One way or another the true value of ABFS will be found. If a no vote happens chances are ABFS will be sold at fair value. Continuing with todays current contract means bankruptcy and fair value will be zero. If the Board of Directors allowed that to happen they would be sued by shareholders. If the concessions and cost cutting are not sufficient enough to compete with non-union truckers the company will still be sold at fair value, it might take longer. If the house can be put in order so ABFS can compete, regain market share, increase sales and profitably to make the whole process worthwhile, then it will survive and fair value will be found..

If a no vote happens chances are ABFS will be sold at fair value.

You mean when that vote is no...you can bet that the ABF Teamsters will be calling them out on that!!!! One thing that you can always count on in trucking...if the company is planning on doing something...they will do it...with or without a concessionary contract!!!

Haven't you learned anything from 2010...we ABF Teamsters are pugnacious SOBs!!!!

Tell me...just how many ABF Teamsters do we have on this forum that don't let fear run their life?

If a no vote happens, the stock Will drop on the news, ABF Will be a bargain, and ABF Teamster's Will officially be without a contract....and would Immediately go under the collective bargaining agreements in place of their buyer....Not afraid, nor a stupid SOB either....that's just the simple reality.....the line has been drawn in the sand....please vote your conscience

If a no vote happens, the stock Will drop on the news, ABF Will be a bargain, and ABF Teamster's Will officially be without a contract....and would Immediately go under the collective bargaining agreements in place of their buyer....Not afraid, nor a stupid SOB either....that's just the simple reality.....the line has been drawn in the sand....please vote your conscience

Are you trying to tell me that it wouldn't be a better bargain with a 5 year concessionary contract? If I were planning to sell...that's what I would be shooting for!!!!!

How do you know we will be sold if the vote is no, please provide a link to your source.

Your no vote mentality has blinded you....YRC already has a much more concessionary deal in place....the market has already shown confidence in the tentative, and if ratified, it should continue up, hence, YRC would have no ability to buy ABF in a stronger market position, they are already mortgaged to the teeth. That is the only way they get us, at a discount, and when we get out of reach, YRC stock would drop like a rock with investors pairing the gains from this recent rally, there is so much debt over there to service. But do what you want....I saw the writing on the wall when I was at YRC, and they have had their sights on ABF a long time....It really might not matter, but again, the rank and file will get to decide and I believe ABF wants to remain independent, but they do have to show the stockholders all the cards

Your no vote mentality has blinded you....YRC already has a much more concessionary deal in place....the market has already shown confidence in the tentative, and if ratified, it should continue up, hence, YRC would have no ability to buy ABF in a stronger market position, they are already mortgaged to the teeth. That is the only way they get us, at a discount, and when we get out of reach, YRC stock would drop like a rock with investors pairing the gains from this recent rally, there is so much debt over there to service. But do what you want....I saw the writing on the wall when I was at YRC, and they have had their sights on ABF a long time....It really might not matter, but again, the rank and file will get to decide and I believe ABF wants to remain independent, but they do have to show the stockholders all the cards

Your fear has blinded you!!!! If ABF wants to remain independent...they will be...and I did say if!!!! Why don't you check out their history before you cave into that fear of yours?

How do you know we will be sold if the vote is no, please provide a link to your source.

How do you know ABF Will not? For certain they Will have no contractual obligation to employ you under the next morning? And would not have to grant you an extension if they sold you to a company with agreements already in place, much screwier crap has been done, and YRC is the Union Busting King. Please hook up the link to your brain....

Your fear has blinded you!!!! If ABF wants to remain independent...they will be...and I did say if!!!! Why don't you check out their history before you cave into that fear of yours?

Ok docker, we Will not agree...go on back over to old school

Ok docker, we Will not agree...go on back over to old school

You have that right...we will never agree! What...me leave now and let you continue to spread that fear of yours without having a little fun pointing out just how scared you really are...not quite yet...lol

You have that right...we will never agree! What...me leave now and let you continue to spread that fear of yours without having a little fun pointing out just how scared you really are...not quite yet...lol

Nobody over at old school to argue with.....pretty lonesome over there...huh....well that's what's different over here...and everyone's supposed to get a ballot.....even old scaredy cats like me.....

First off I don't have a no vote mentality like you have stated. If you read the offer from YRC it was not just for ABF but for ABC as a whole. Like you said YRC is mortgaged to the teeth and that will not change with a no vote. I for one don't know what is in the tentative. The tentative could come in with no wage and pension cuts just work rule changes. In the end this is all just speculation but to run scared before you have even see the agreement is just what ABF wants. Now maybe coming from YRC you are use to voting yes, but here we get the facts and think for ourselves. I will wait for the agreement to come out, read every word of it and make the best choice for me and my family. This is all everyone of us can do, you vote what is best for you and your family at that time. You are willing to vote yes on something you have not seen yet. ABF could be wanting you to work for five dollars an hour, 14 hours with no lunch.

First off I don't have a no vote mentality like you have stated. If you read the offer from YRC it was not just for ABF but for ABC as a whole. Like you said YRC is mortgaged to the teeth and that will not change with a no vote. I for one don't know what is in the tentative. The tentative could come in with no wage and pension cuts just work rule changes. In the end this is all just speculation but to run scared before you have even see the agreement is just what ABF wants. Now maybe coming from YRC you are use to voting yes, but here we get the facts and think for ourselves. I will wait for the agreement to come out, read every word of it and make the best choice for me and my family. This is all everyone of us can do, you vote what is best for you and your family at that time. You are willing to vote yes on something you have not seen yet. ABF could be wanting you to work for five dollars an hour, 14 hours with no lunch.

If I live to see a ballot, I promise I will mark it and send it in, I just don't see a rejection of this TA putting us at an advantage.....just sayin....you could get much worse, I will join the ranks of the layed-off Teamster and about 3,000 or more will join me if YRC can find a way to get this done

Nobody over at old school to argue with.....pretty lonesome over there...huh....well that's what's different over here...and everyone's supposed to get a ballot.....even old scaredy cats like me.....

I will have to agree with you there...we are all old school on that site and there is no one to argue with...